[Today at 03:28:48 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Marvel Cinematic Universe  (Read 71239 times)

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe
« Reply #400 on: January 03, 2022, 01:19:55 PM »
Binged Loki, Hawkeye and watched No Way Home during this past weekend's hangover.

No Way Home was great if you're really into the MCU for sure but my fiancé hated it as a casual viewer.

Loki was excellent.

Hawkeye was fantastic.

Question: Now that Murdock (as same actor) and Kingpin (as same actor) are in the MCU are we to assume that this officially makes the various Netflix series MCU canon now?

(Btws still haven't seen eternals so if there's an answer in that don't tell me)

They don’t appear to be the same versions of the characters as the Netflix tho.

This kingpin was definitely different. Not just the obvious enhancements of abilities either.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #401 on: January 03, 2022, 01:42:52 PM »
That'd be pretty hilarious, if they do try to introduce one of the previous F4 though would you really prefer him over say Michael B Jordan again?

No, but only because deep down I really hope Killmonger somehow comes back because I think he’s a top-3 MCU villain.

Speaking of, here is my top-3 MCU villains.

1. Barron Zemo
2. Green Goblin
3. Killmonger

Though if we’re counting the Netflix shows as cannon now, David Tennant’s Kilgrave is far and away the best villain in the expanded universe.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #402 on: January 03, 2022, 02:04:05 PM »
Though if we’re counting the Netflix shows as cannon now, David Tennant’s Kilgrave is far and away the best villain in the expanded universe.

The Netlix shows had some of the best villains of the MCU. Kingpin, Kilgrave, and Bishop probably all crack my top 10.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #403 on: January 03, 2022, 02:08:40 PM »
They don’t appear to be the same versions of the characters as the Netflix tho.

This kingpin was definitely different. Not just the obvious enhancements of abilities either.

Fair point. Could make it easier to redo any Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, etc missteps that don't work with the broader MCU logic.
Maigh Eo for Sam

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #404 on: January 03, 2022, 02:20:23 PM »
Fair point. Could make it easier to redo any Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, etc missteps that don't work with the broader MCU logic.

Yeah back when the returns were just “rumors” over the last year. I read that the intention was to make the character loosely based on the shows.

Basically they would abandon the main plot threads but try to keep the portrayals similar while in the case of kingpin enhancing him to more MCU formidable.

It’s also rumored(now looking likely) that the DD cast will find themselves in the Echo show. Foggy and Karen included.

I loved the shows especially DD and Puny so it’s a bummer they ended with so much left. But this is a good consolation. Cannot wait for Bernthal back as Punisher
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #405 on: January 03, 2022, 02:31:43 PM »
Follow up: did we ever learn if Agents of Shield and Agent Carter are canon or not?

Never watched Carter and only the first two seasons of shield but trying to get caught up.
Maigh Eo for Sam

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #406 on: January 03, 2022, 03:23:53 PM »
Been reading a lot of speculative boards. Sounds like Murdock & Fisk are indeed the same characters and both will return in Echo, or at least same enough that they will use the Netflix series as background. I think we probably get Matt back in She-Hulk too, but sounds like Echo is likely table-setter for Daredevil: Season 4. Not sure what it means for Jessica Jones, Cage, Punisher, or Iron Fist, though I could see Matt being the inspiration for a new Defenders team with She-Hulk.

I would love to know what the actual Disney+ schedule will look like, as I'm guessing there's a second Hawkeye season, some Netflix crossover, and more we're not aware of.

Rumors of a Black Widow 2 with Florence Pugh's Yelena and Hailee Steinfeld's Kate Bishop in a buddy cop type film.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #407 on: January 03, 2022, 03:33:57 PM »
Follow up: did we ever learn if Agents of Shield and Agent Carter are canon or not?

Never watched Carter and only the first two seasons of shield but trying to get caught up.

I think I only watched the first two season of AofS also.  My kids said it jumped the shark (but in Gen Z speak) at the end and we stopped watching. 
I watched S1 of Agent Carter.  There were only like 8-10 episodes.  I missed S2 and thought I may eventually watch on Disney+.

I found this on Agent Carter.  Says it's canon.
https://insidethemagic.net/2021/10/mcu-hayley-atwell-agent-carter-jm1/

I found this on AofS.  Says it's NOT canon.
https://thedirect.com/article/marvel-agents-of-shield-mcu-canon-question

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/marvel-agents-of-shield-agent-carter-canon/

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #408 on: January 03, 2022, 04:59:22 PM »
Having Jarvis from Agent Carter in Endgame seemed like a wink at that show being canon.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #409 on: January 03, 2022, 06:37:43 PM »
Agents of Sheild was fun... but jumping the Shark is an understatement. Only way it could be compatible with MCU is if it's an alternate universe from the main one in the MCU
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #410 on: March 30, 2022, 09:48:27 AM »
Moon Knight episode 1 dropped today. I enjoyed it. Definitely leaning hard into the horror realm, and opening the door for more of that in Multiverse of Madness, Blade, and potentially other Midnight Sons properties down the line.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #411 on: March 30, 2022, 10:01:34 AM »
Moon Knight episode 1 dropped today. I enjoyed it. Definitely leaning hard into the horror realm, and opening the door for more of that in Multiverse of Madness, Blade, and potentially other Midnight Sons properties down the line.

Thanks for the reminder on this release.  I forgot that it was dropping soon.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #412 on: March 31, 2022, 06:59:30 PM »
Gosh Oscar Isaac is great.

Sure didn’t feel like that episode was 40 minutes long. Absolutely flew by.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #414 on: April 30, 2022, 05:36:03 PM »
Moon Knight has not gotten less weird.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #415 on: April 30, 2022, 05:37:21 PM »
Oscar Isaac has been awesome.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #416 on: April 30, 2022, 05:40:25 PM »
Yes.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #417 on: May 01, 2022, 08:53:09 AM »

The wife and I caught up this weekend.  It's very different than the other Marvel shows and movies.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #418 on: May 01, 2022, 08:57:42 AM »

First 3 episodes bored me.  Last 2 were great.  Feels like they have a lot of loose ends to tie up in episode 6.  Oscar Isaacs isn’t tied to anything outside of this, so…
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #419 on: May 02, 2022, 10:04:29 AM »
The Isaac contract makes it interesting. If he isn't tied to the character, will they pass the mantle to Layla? Though they did hint at her possibly being Scarlet Scarab as her father had the Scarlet Scarab logo on his clothes in E5. This feels like it would've been a great opportunity to tie in to Strange, but I can't see that with the Isaac contract in doubt.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #420 on: May 04, 2022, 09:52:48 PM »
Moon Knight finale was... Fine?

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #421 on: May 05, 2022, 08:28:07 AM »
Moon Knight finale was... Fine?

I liked it. Good action sequence and clearly was designed to augur a future for these characters, even if we don't know Oscar's contract status. I saw an interview where May Calamaway talked about wanting to work with Taika Waititi. Made me wonder if we might get a glimpse of any of these characters (Khonshu, Tawaret, or the avatars) in Love and Thunder.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #422 on: May 05, 2022, 08:36:04 AM »
Setting up a Marvel version of American Gods?   ;D

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #423 on: May 05, 2022, 08:50:12 AM »
I liked it. Good action sequence and clearly was designed to augur a future for these characters, even if we don't know Oscar's contract status. I saw an interview where May Calamaway talked about wanting to work with Taika Waititi. Made me wonder if we might get a glimpse of any of these characters (Khonshu, Tawaret, or the avatars) in Love and Thunder.

I read yesterday she isn’t under contract other than this, either
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #424 on: May 05, 2022, 09:14:46 AM »
Setting up a Marvel version of American Gods?   ;D

The main villain in Love and Thunder is going to be Gorr, the God Butcher, played by Christian Bale. Guessing they'll give him some gods to battle and/or kill to make sure he's seen as a legitimate threat. That's likely why we've seen Zeus in the trailers. Probably some Greek gods that will be making both their first and last appearances in L&T.