[Today at 04:47:36 PM]

NIL Future by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:56:29 PM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by LloydsLegs
[Today at 02:48:52 PM]

MU Gear by MUfan12
[Today at 01:31:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Arena Construction Update  (Read 97478 times)

Carl Spackler

• Starter
Re: New Arena Construction Update
« Reply #275 on: April 22, 2018, 08:13:02 PM »
I went to the preferred seating presentation on Friday, and was pleasantly surprised.  They are adding 6 or 7 rows of preferred seating on the sidelines, with different price points.  I was expecting a 40% increase after reading some stuff here, and it's not even close to that.  Couple interesting things were brought up: The two aisle seats are 5% more than the rest of the row(not sure if this is only in preferred or in every section), and they will go to the "hockey" rules of going to your seats (have to wait for a break in play, can't just wonder around whenever you please).

fantastic news on both.  more than willing to pay an aisle seat premium.  especially with the long rows.

As a aisle-seater due to bringing my kids to every game - only 1 group is more annoying than the middle-of-the-rowers who arrive 2 minutes into every game with their buffalo chicken tenders and beers in hand - the people who's first game is in February and they wander around the aisle trying to figure it out after arriving precisely following a media timeout.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #276 on: April 22, 2018, 08:17:22 PM »
Wouldn't be surprised if it isn't American family.  They changed their corporate structure last year to a mutual holding company, so they have much more ability to do things outside the oversight of the insurance commissioner.  Plus, their CEO is an egomaniac that likes to kiss the asses of the rich and famous.

They've added the summerfest sponsorship already, this is a next step.

Wojo Era

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #277 on: April 22, 2018, 08:46:04 PM »
One other small thing I forgot is that they are moving the 40 tickets for the visitors from directly behind their bench over a section into the corner. 

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #278 on: April 22, 2018, 08:58:33 PM »
In other news, Giannis couldn't get seated at the original Chaluparena after the game!!!!!

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nba/bucks/2018/04/22/no-seat-greek-freak-viral-tweet-says-giannis-left-hanging-when-he-tried-eat-popular-local-taco-joint/540824002/

Actually, I give the guy tons of credit.  He's a credit to the community.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #279 on: April 22, 2018, 09:10:39 PM »
One other small thing I forgot is that they are moving the 40 tickets for the visitors from directly behind their bench over a section into the corner.

That's great--I hope there is no hot water in visiting locker rooms as well. The silk is for us.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #280 on: April 22, 2018, 11:04:24 PM »
That's great--I hope there is no hot water in visiting locker rooms as well. The silk is for us.

Isn't that how Louisville got in trouble?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #281 on: April 22, 2018, 11:47:39 PM »
Wouldn't be surprised if it isn't American family.  They changed their corporate structure last year to a mutual holding company, so they have much more ability to do things outside the oversight of the insurance commissioner.  Plus, their CEO is an egomaniac that likes to kiss the asses of the rich and famous.

They've added the summerfest sponsorship already, this is a next step.

Eagle, Duck.  No difference. 

kryza

• Team Captain
« Reply #282 on: April 22, 2018, 11:48:32 PM »
I think the arena will keep it's partnership with the Milwaukee Tool company. They are currently sponsoring the construction and provided all the tools.

I just hope the name isn't The Milwaukee Toolbox

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #283 on: April 23, 2018, 06:56:46 AM »
I think the arena will keep it's partnership with the Milwaukee Tool company. They are currently sponsoring the construction and provided all the tools.

So, besides Stud of the Game, we could also have a Tool of the Game.... Let's hope that most of the time, it's someone on the opposing team.
Have some patience, FFS.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #284 on: April 23, 2018, 07:09:57 AM »
So, besides Stud of the Game, we could also have a Tool of the Game.... Let's hope that most of the time, it's someone on the opposing team.

Are Scoopers eligible for TOTG?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #285 on: April 23, 2018, 07:17:44 AM »

I'd have to think ONLY Scoopers are eligible.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #286 on: April 23, 2018, 07:28:09 AM »

Absolutely, based on game thread comments. I have a few to pre-nominate.
Have some patience, FFS.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #288 on: April 23, 2018, 09:05:14 AM »
I was there from 1987 through 1991.  I have a very different recollection than you.  I thought it was in the $60 range.  There are a lot of people on this board who were there around the same time.  Topper?  Silverback?  WarriorDad?  What did student season tickets cost at that time?

Way after my time.  Isn't there a way to look it up in a MU Tribune archive online?
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #289 on: April 23, 2018, 10:42:54 AM »
https://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2018/04/22/get-your-first-glimpse-of-new-milwaukeebucks-arena.html

They mixed up the captions for the Bucks and MU locker room.  Just looking at the pictures, the MU locker room looks much nicer.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #290 on: April 23, 2018, 11:02:52 AM »
I went to the preferred seating presentation on Friday, and was pleasantly surprised.  They are adding 6 or 7 rows of preferred seating on the sidelines, with different price points.  I was expecting a 40% increase after reading some stuff here, and it's not even close to that.  Couple interesting things were brought up: The two aisle seats are 5% more than the rest of the row(not sure if this is only in preferred or in every section), and they will go to the "hockey" rules of going to your seats (have to wait for a break in play, can't just wonder around whenever you please).

Did you get the feeling others were pleasantly surprised as well?
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Wojo Era

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #291 on: April 23, 2018, 12:34:51 PM »
Did you get the feeling others were pleasantly surprised as well?

There were four other ticket holders in my group, and everyone seemed very pleased with the presentation.  Joe True was excellent as always, nothing came up that he didn't have an answer for.  It seems like they have this down as well as could be expected, considering they haven't even received the final seating arrangements for every section yet.  An example being there will be two rows on the floor at the new arena along the sideline, as oppossed to one at the Bradley Center.  They haven't been told where the cameramen will be located, etc, so they are leaving out a few seats the first year so they have the option of moving seats down a foot or two so everyone has the best view possible.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #292 on: April 23, 2018, 12:55:27 PM »
That's great to hear! I saw a map of the pricing for the first 8 rows or so and the floor seats. The price increase is not much at all! Adding it up fast, look to be a 11% to 13% increase.
-Bill Walton

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #293 on: April 23, 2018, 03:07:34 PM »
That's great to hear! I saw a map of the pricing for the first 8 rows or so and the floor seats. The price increase is not much at all! Adding it up fast, look to be a 11% to 13% increase.

Because it extends 8 rows now, the majority will be paying more than the list price increase if they so choose (vs. the BC). Isn't there club level services here too with the upgrade? 

The Pink Floor seats last year were $9850.  The three center Red seats were (I think first two rows) were $4475.  The Blue (the rest of the six center sections) were $1320. And Purple (the four corner court side) were $980. 

So many Reds and Blues with big points will have to trade into first 8 rows or move back on both sides. I think they are doing the Sideline STHs now and the Preferred start May 1.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 03:49:16 PM by Dr. Blackheart »

Smokin' Jae

• Team Captain
« Reply #294 on: April 23, 2018, 04:30:27 PM »

Not Mke tool, tho I think the toolbox would be a helluva name. This company is definitely not a household name but it will make sense to locals

🏀

• All American
« Reply #295 on: April 23, 2018, 09:45:16 PM »
Not Mke tool, tho I think the toolbox would be a helluva name. This company is definitely not a household name but it will make sense to locals

Whoa, Jim's Timeout stepped up to the plate!

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #296 on: April 24, 2018, 11:40:07 AM »

NML?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #297 on: April 24, 2018, 11:57:03 AM »
I doubt it's NML.  They advertise nationally.

Rockwell and Manpower are two that I can think of off the top of my head.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #298 on: April 24, 2018, 12:11:40 PM »
I doubt it's NML.  They advertise nationally.

Rockwell and Manpower are two that I can think of off the top of my head.

Wolski's

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #299 on: April 24, 2018, 01:10:49 PM »

feedback