[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: BET lineup  (Read 3345 times)

fjm

• All American
BET lineup
« on: March 06, 2017, 11:36:41 AM »
SHU wrecked us on the boards this season.
MU started Jjj and Luke last game and it worked out great but Heldt has a bit of a stronger Defensive presence. 
(I know the starters no matta stuff yada yada)

What do you think the starting line up is?
(I think Howard, rowsey, jjj, Hauser, fish)
What would you want it to be?
(I want Howard, rowsey, jjj, Hauser, Heldt)

MU82

• All American
Re: BET lineup
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 11:41:16 AM »
I don't see why Wojo would switch from the Rowsey-Howard-Wilson-Hauser-Heldt lineup that has been so effective. It wouldn't bother me if he went back to JJJ and Luke, as he did for Senior Day, but I'd probably just stay with the one from the previous several games.

Yes, we could get killed on the boards, but we'd present plenty of matchup problems to SH, too.

And yes, starters really no matta.
β€œIt’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 11:43:22 AM »
I don't see why Wojo would switch from the Rowsey-Howard-Wilson-Hauser-Heldt lineup that has been so effective. It wouldn't bother me if he went back to JJJ and Luke, as he did for Senior Day, but I'd probably just stay with the one from the previous several games.

Yes, we could get killed on the boards, but we'd present plenty of matchup problems to SH, too.

And yes, who starts really doesn't matta.

I think the main thing that makes that lineup effective is Rowsey and Howard on the floor at the same time.  JJJ/Duane and Heldt/Fischer don't matter as much, as long as we're not sacrificing ball movement to dump it in to Fischer and wait for him to make a move.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 11:50:57 AM »
I don't see why Wojo would switch from the Rowsey-Howard-Wilson-Hauser-Heldt lineup that has been so effective.

Yep, this make's sense to me.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 11:56:19 AM »

Yep, this make's sense to me.

Do people not recall Matt Heldt was getting spot minutes until he almost singke handedly won the second Seton Hall game for us with his rebounding, defense, and toughness!!!
Last game Heldt 2x the rebounds as Fisher in half the minutes.
No fin brainer!!
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 11:58:35 AM »
9 guys.   200 minutes.    HC is in  a slump, so 190 minutes for 8 guys.   At this point, we know all of the combinations.    Starters no matta.    Hot hands and foul trouble.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 12:03:17 PM »
Do people not recall Matt Heldt was getting spot minutes until he almost singke handedly won the second Seton Hall game for us with his rebounding, defense, and toughness!!!
Last game Heldt 2x the rebounds as Fisher in half the minutes.
No fin brainer!!

If you're talking about the last seton hall game.....I apologize.

But last game, Luke had 7 rebounds. Heldt had 7 rebounds. Heldt played 14 minutes. Luke played 24 minutes.

Oh, and Luke had 13 points on 6-8 shooting. Heldt had 2 points.

EDIT: and of course, I gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed you were talking about our last game vs. SHU. But nope. luke had 16 and 8 in 32 minutes. Heldt had 1 point/2 rbs and 4 fouls.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 12:05:08 PM by MUeagle1090 »

muwarrior97

• All American
  • CALVACADE OF BRICKS
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 12:45:43 PM »
Does HC get any run?  I'm guessing he has a big off-season coming up to get stronger physically and mentally, has the talent to get it done

Same lineup from down the stretch is good, would like to see Duane get a little more time

(Sorry if there is a post or multiple-posts on HC......BUT I hadn't seen much and was curious if anyone ringing hands about a possible transfer, etc.)
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 12:55:51 PM »
I think the main thing that makes that lineup effective is Rowsey and Howard on the floor at the same time.

And a good-shooting wing β€” usually Reinhardt or Sam, but JJJ was lights-out on Saturday.

If we're passing well, it's really hard for teams to guard Markus (who can drive and hit from anywhere, inside out outside the arc) and Andrew without leaving a wing wide-open in the corner.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 12:56:58 PM »
Haven't we been over this? Starting does Matta. Coming flat out of the gate with no momentum is silly to do. Start Wowsey Howard and Hauser. JJJ and Duane are a toss up. I like heldt better then Fischer. I'd start Katin but it seems he likes coming off the bench

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2017, 01:12:13 PM »
starters don't

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 01:21:07 PM »
For whatever reason Luke is better starting than coming off he bench. I know Heldt is playing well but MU really needs Luke at his best.

I don't mind JJJ coming off the bench. Start Duane so we have someone to put on Carringron and JJJ can come on with Katin for a scoring punch if we need it.

But as we know with this team. The best defense is a great offense.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2017, 01:36:38 PM »
Haven't we been over this? Starting does Matta. Coming flat out of the gate with no momentum is silly to do.

This assumes that you would play a lineup that wouldn't play well together. With some teams, there are five players who are clearly better than everyone else. We don't have a team like that. All 9 players have the potential to go off any given night. The only two players who can't play together are Heldt and Fischer. As long as those two aren't both in the starting lineup then starting no matta.

Fans overemphasize the importance of the first two minutes and last two minutes of a game.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2017, 11:16:26 AM »

we kind of have 9 starters. Wojo plays everyone and everyone contributes well

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2017, 11:18:27 AM »
I start Rowsey, Hauser, JJJ, Sam and Heldt. I have no reason for Heldt vs Fischer except to save fouls on Fisch for a game that we're likely to be in foul trouble most of the game. Save that as long as possible.