[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Ideas for MODS  (Read 272 times)

FairWeatherEagle

• Team Captain
Ideas for MODS
« on: March 28, 2024, 10:17:51 AM »
Take these ideas with a grain of salt as I am a "FairWeather" Eagle and when the season is over I'm gone and its probably 50/50 I'll even get back on next year.  But these are things I think would help the process.  They might already be possible and I just missed them.

1. Allow for sorting posts in a thread top down with the newest on top.  I'm always poking the lastest page then scrolling to the bottom for the latest posts....then scrolling up a bit to see whats up.

If I could easily poke a "sort descending by date" on posts within a thread, that would be great.  Even better if it were sticky so for any thread I entered, it would be this way.

Like I said it might already be possible, I just missed it.

2. Allow for reactions to a given post with an emoji or something like that without having to add a whole new post perhaps quoting. I know the purpose of Scoop is discussion, but sometimes you just want to thumbs-up a post or "LOL-emoji" a post without posting a whole new comment.   I think it could add a new dynamic.
Again, if its already there I just missed it.

3. This is just a general thing:  The whole embedding pics into posts needs to be re-visited.
A.  It seems difficult to do. I'm not sure even how to do it.  I know there are instructions in scoop "somewhere". It could be easier.
B.  On the other hand - they sometimes hinder scrolling thru a discussion. embedded in footers or even quoted.  Would be nice if pics were dynamically downsized in footers or quotes to a specific dimension...perhaps clickable to see the original. I know this is probably a lot if work....and not being a longterm participant, maybe a lot to ask.

4. Would be nice to have links to boards of other Big East Teams to have some "cross pollination" ... not sure if Scoop is an island or is part of a bigger effort of Team discussion boards.  I might just make this a discussion Item.  But if links were part of scoop, might be easier to find and drill to.

Thanks for your time
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 10:20:03 AM by FairWeatherEagle »

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: Ideas for MODS
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2024, 10:27:36 AM »
Ideas for the mods: Increase the stipend for the top posters every month.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 AM »
Ideas for the mods: Increase the stipend for the top posters every month.

The Mods tripled my stipend last year.  I bet they'd do something similar for you too--it doesn't hurt to ask.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2024, 01:17:29 PM »
Stipends? I only got 12 months free as a stipend.  >:(

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2024, 01:56:39 PM »
I get extra for being in charge of morale.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2024, 03:16:36 PM »
They gave me MUScoop Gold and access to the private MUScoop Gold forums, but it's just me posting with the rest of the quarantined users so it feels more like a punishment?