[Today at 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by barfolomew
[Today at 02:08:20 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 01:48:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Matt V live at 9:20  (Read 2970 times)

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
Matt V live at 9:20
« on: February 21, 2017, 08:36:49 AM »
Here's the link he retweeted (turn off your ad blocker) - i'm guessing at least one Scoopism gets used
http://v6.player.abacast.net/2140

I'm waiting for flooring guys so i listened to the first call in segment sans Matt at 8 and it was basically an oral Scoop.
Caller 1: "Why did Buzz leave?" with angst and yearning in his voice
C2: "life long fan but not an alum.  the current product is unacceptable as is Wojo" continues to list off lack of recruiting, in game coaching, no credit for X lineup change because it didn't happen earlier, etc., etc.
C3: "the program is showing progress each year, even an NIT berth this year would be progress" basically respect the process

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Matt V live at 9:20
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 08:38:52 AM »
Here's the link he retweeted (turn off your ad blocker) - i'm guessing at least one Scoopism gets used
http://v6.player.abacast.net/2140

I'm waiting for flooring guys so i listened to the first call in segment sans Matt at 8 and it was basically an oral Scoop.
Caller 1: "Why did Buzz leave?" with angst and yearning in his voice
C2: "life long fan but not an alum.  the current product is unacceptable as is Wojo" continues to list off lack of recruiting, in game coaching, no credit for X lineup change because it didn't happen earlier, etc., etc.
C3: "the program is showing progress each year, even an NIT berth this year would be progress" basically respect the process

C3 gets it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 09:27:38 AM »
Matty V from the JS or Mattyv1908 from the Scoop?

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 09:43:09 AM »
Did he mention the new crazy Twitter account he's following?

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 09:57:13 AM »
No--but I have now heard from two separate shows on 1250 (bill Michaels and Bart winkler) that MU needs 3 of 4 remaining games and 2 in the BEast to get in the tourney. Michaels says we need to run the table. It is amazing to me how little these guys pay attention to college basketball--not named Wisconsin.
Michaels said yeah the big Ten is down a little bit this year, but the Beast is a much lesser conference.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 10:12:29 AM »
No--but I have now heard from two separate shows on 1250 (bill Michaels and Bart winkler) that MU needs 3 of 4 remaining games and 2 in the BEast to get in the tourney. Michaels says we need to run the table. It is amazing to me how little these guys pay attention to college basketball--not named Wisconsin.
Michaels said yeah the big Ten is down a little bit this year, but the Beast is a much lesser conference.

Follow the $
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 10:15:12 AM »
Did he mention the new crazy Twitter account he's following?
Horrible commentary from Matt.  Totally devoid of any Scoop reference

He actually did his standard really good job.  His main takeaway was that so far the team has put themselves in a position for a berth but they need to take care of following through to completion....it's up to them.

To Final Four's point it was interesting to hear the host who isn't an MU fan stress needing 3 of 4 and two in the BE while the other one who is an MU fan keep mentioning 2 and one (i'm not local so i don't remember which was which).

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 10:28:21 AM »

Well they simply have no idea what they're talking about.  Honestly, a few MU fans I talked to walking out of the BC on Saturday said the same thing.  "Nice W, but we still need to run the table."  "Big W, but do the play in games even count as making the tourney."  "No way this teams wins out to make the dance."  In all cases, I informed that they were wrong, but ultimately, most people just don't pay that close of attention, therefore, they say stupid crap.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 10:40:55 AM »

Bill Michaels is an enormous jackass.  Nothing but a big-mouthed blowhard.  He's unlistenable.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 10:56:14 AM »

That's a bunch of baloney.  The Big Ten is terrible this year and not close to the level of Big East play.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 12:35:20 PM »
Couple of years ago, Bill Michaels had UWM Head Coach Rob Jeter on. UWM was going to play Bruce Pearls's first game as Auburn coach. Michaels said, Milwaukee will be in a buzz at the Arena for the return of Bruce Pearl. Here is the kicker. The game was at Auburn.  >:(
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2017, 12:39:08 PM »
Michaels was also the guy that kept hinting more would come out about that Apartment 720 fight and DJO cracked a guy over the head with a bottle. Then the video came out, and it was some pushing and people walking out fairly calmly if I remember right.

He never did reveal his bomb of a story for some reason.

MarqKarp

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2017, 12:42:21 PM »
The last time I listened to Bill Michaels was the day after TC took the I4 job and Micheals spent the whole interview with his lips firmly attached to TC's butt.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2017, 12:44:01 PM »

Michaels is an outrageous Badger homer. Typically on Twitter, I can avoid the "noise", but he was so biased that I had to unfollow him. Extremely self-aggrandizing. He must have been thrilled the Bo Ryan affair broke, since it diverted the attention from him...er... massaging the coach.

Winkler's show is just a bunch of random ramblings. Mildly entertaining, but there is 0 research that goes into anything on that show.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2017, 12:55:44 PM »
Are there any local sports radio shows that are any good? They are basically just #hotaeks on local sports or localizing some national #hotaeks with a bunch of pandering to whatever significant local teams are in the market.

Marquette is always going to be on the downside of any commetary because we're not significant enough to pander to and we're easy to work into #hotaeks without offending too large of the audience
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

SuddenSam

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2017, 01:49:14 PM »
Bill Michaels is an enormous jackass.  Nothing but a big-mouthed blowhard.  He's unlistenable.

Hence his departure years back from local WTMJ, though the Badgers station.  Just a head case.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2017, 02:18:15 PM »
Couple of years ago, Bill Michaels had UWM Head Coach Rob Jeter on. UWM was going to play Bruce Pearls's first game as Auburn coach. Michaels said, Milwaukee will be in a buzz at the Arena for the return of Bruce Pearl. Here is the kicker. The game was at Auburn.  >:(

Which is awesome because even a casual observer of CBB would assume that a UWM-Auburn nonconference game would be @ Auburn...