Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Henry  (Read 12087 times)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Re: Henry
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2017, 07:00:31 PM »
Goal is National Championship

MU82

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2017, 11:06:16 PM »
Henry article by Matt
https://twitter.com/matt_velazquez/status/831633813298147331

"I'm always texting my guys, seeing what they're up to," Ellenson said. "It's nice to see how they're doing. I know they've hit a little tough stretch here, but hopefully they can get back to their winning ways and try to win out the rest of the Big East and get to the tournament, which I know they want bad."

Sounds like a guy who hates Marquette and has long-term, deep-seated resentment.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2017, 12:11:35 AM »
I would take a four-year year guy like Hayes, Happ and Kaminsky any day over a one-and-done. Let him go to Kentucky or Duke.

You mean 5* year

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2017, 01:34:38 PM »
"I'm always texting my guys, seeing what they're up to," Ellenson said. "It's nice to see how they're doing. I know they've hit a little tough stretch here, but hopefully they can get back to their winning ways and try to win out the rest of the Big East and get to the tournament, which I know they want bad."

Sounds like a guy who hates Marquette and has long-term, deep-seated resentment.
Yes and this "....feels great to be back at BMO," Ellenson said. "It was fun to get back today. I went to Marquette's campus to see my teammates and see some of my friends, so it's good to be back in Milwaukee."

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2017, 07:03:27 PM »

nycwarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2017, 11:00:38 PM »
Wojo talked the most prized recruit into taking a chance on a program that was left pretty much empty post-Buzzard.

Henry came in and put up the greatest freshman season in the history of the program. Along the way he almost single-handedly gave the media a positive story about the momentum Wojo was building in Milwaukee. A bright spot. A reason to believe.

In his shadow, Haanif had an ALL BIG EAST freshman year that had many on this board and elsewhere believing he was on his way to eclipsing McSteal as our all time leading scorer.

Also with his help, Fischer looked to be developing with an Honorable Mention All Big East effort and, during Big East play, it looked like JJJ was emerging.

And then you get Howard and Hauser who sign on the heels of all that good news. And the long-armed three-headed monster headed to Milwaukee next season.

Sure things have stalled in some of those places. But is it HE's fault that JJJ failed to work on driving to his left and Haanif failed to work on going right? Or that Big East coaching staffs have figured out how to close out on our slick-shooting freshman?

That's a hell of a lot of momentum. It's a lot of reasons for people to believe in the program. Do you really think that happens without Henry?

If we wanna blame Wojo for something, make it our lack of length on the wings, the absence of a big-bodied rebounder/defender. But lets not be mad at him for landing such a good player.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2017, 07:46:23 PM »
I would take a four-year year guy like Hayes, Happ and Kaminsky any day over a one-and-done. Let him go to Kentucky or Duke.

This is just silly to say. For every four-year guy like Hayes, Happ, and Kaminsky, you have a dozen Ian Markolf, Vitto Brown, Evan Anderson, Ryan Evans, Jason Chappell, type of players.

When you recruit a unheralded three or fringe four star player, you might end up getting lucky, but more often than not they'll be bit players that maybe develop into serviceable players as seniors. When you recruit a five-star one-and-done, you probably get an elite player 95% of the time. Maybe only one year, but I'm willing to wager the average one-and-done produces more in that one year than the average three-star does at the same level of program.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2017, 09:26:08 PM »
This is just silly to say. For every four-year guy like Hayes, Happ, and Kaminsky, you have a dozen Ian Markolf, Vitto Brown, Evan Anderson, Ryan Evans, Jason Chappell, type of players.

When you recruit a unheralded three or fringe four star player, you might end up getting lucky, but more often than not they'll be bit players that maybe develop into serviceable players as seniors. When you recruit a five-star one-and-done, you probably get an elite player 95% of the time. Maybe only one year, but I'm willing to wager the average one-and-done produces more in that one year than the average three-star does at the same level of program.

The Badgers have been to the dance the last 17 or 18 years straight years, sure they are going to recruit a dog or two, but mainly recruit solid 3 and 4 star recruits, add coaching, I see no luck, I see hard work that kids stay 4 or 5 years there.  Starting next year, it will be interesting as there bench really is not very good, average
at best,  but they signed some good 3 and 4 star recruits again.  See if they can keep there streak going.  Rather do it there way.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2017, 10:08:08 PM »
The Badgers have been to the dance the last 17 or 18 years straight years, sure they are going to recruit a dog or two, but mainly recruit solid 3 and 4 star recruits, add coaching, I see no luck, I see hard work that kids stay 4 or 5 years there.  Starting next year, it will be interesting as there bench really is not very good, average
at best,  but they signed some good 3 and 4 star recruits again.  See if they can keep there streak going.  Rather do it there way.

The Badgers wanted Henry even though they were pretty sure he'd be a 1-and-done. They wanted Vander, too. And Maymon. They go after 5-stars and high-4s like everybody else if they think they have a shot.

But yes, they have done a nice job developing guys who aren't ranked that high. There is no disputing that.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2017, 09:56:43 AM »
The Badgers wanted Henry even though they were pretty sure he'd be a 1-and-done. They wanted Vander, too. And Maymon. They go after 5-stars and high-4s like everybody else if they think they have a shot.

But yes, they have done a nice job developing guys who aren't ranked that high. There is no disputing that.
They've made excellent use of the redshirt. Can we hit gold with Sacar or someone on the next class?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2017, 10:07:39 AM »
Ha, true, but we could not have caught UW at a better time. What a bizarre window of about a month and a half followed by picking up right where they left off...damn it.

We only beat the easy Badger teams.