'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Given the two faces of this team, what's the longest winning streak we put together in the remainder of the season?

23-0 - We're not losing again baby!
4 (3.4%)
4+
33 (28.2%)
60 (51.3%)
18 (15.4%)
2 (1.7%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: Strange Case of Dr. Markus and Mr. Wojo  (Read 3562 times)

1SE

• All American
Strange Case of Dr. Markus and Mr. Wojo
« on: January 16, 2020, 05:20:11 AM »
Seriously - when this team is firing it looks like we could cut down the nets. But at other times it looks like we're a bunch of 7th graders picking up the rock for the first time. Given the inconsistency we've seen so far - what is the longest winning streak you think we go on in the remainder of the season?

*To get 4+  streak in conference we would have to win either @Butler, @Nova or vs. Seton Hall (and of course win 3 more games around that).
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Strange Case of Dr. Markus and Mr. Wojo
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 09:12:24 AM »
We’ve lulled the BE into thinking we are beatable, now we’re hitting the gas until we cut down the nets in Atlanta!

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 09:26:32 AM »
Seriously - when this team is firing it looks like we could cut down the nets. But at other times it looks like we're a bunch of 7th graders picking up the rock for the first time. Given the inconsistency we've seen so far - what is the longest winning streak you think we go on in the remainder of the season?

*To get 4+  streak in conference we would have to win either @Butler, @Nova or vs. Seton Hall (and of course win 3 more games around that).

Nice thread man, lotta action.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 10:27:42 AM »
We’ve lulled the BE into thinking we are beatable, now we’re hitting the gas until we cut down the nets in Atlanta!

Wojo's been playing 4-D chess all this time - greatest set up since Darth Jar Jar.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 11:03:59 AM »
Best chance might be @DePaul, @ St. John's, and first two in BET. Impressive if it came with zero home games
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 12:33:44 PM »
Best chance might be @DePaul, @ St. John's, and first two in BET. Impressive if it came with zero home games

Yeah, but two in the BET probably means were playing Wednesday

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 01:00:37 PM »
Yeah, but two in the BET probably means were playing Wednesday

I don't think it probably means that at all.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2020, 01:17:44 PM »
Can't help but notice the distribution of the votes looks like a middle finger.

I voted incorrectly, I'll use my DaytonFan17 and VCUfan18 accounts to balance it out. 
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2020, 01:23:24 PM »

People forget this is the early stage of the BEast schedule. The team is still adjusting to being Hauser-less.

Marquette is now entering the middle stage of BEast play. The X game was a good sign entering the heart of conference play that they can put it all together with the guys still here.

As for the final stage of the season, I don't really care how the team gets the 6-7 more wins they need to make the tournament. Just do it.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 01:52:25 PM by WhoaJoe2020 »

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2020, 02:14:59 PM »
People forget this is the early stage of the BEast schedule. The team is still adjusting to being Hauser-less.

Marquette is now entering the middle stage of BEast play. The X game was a good sign entering the heart of conference play that they can put it all together with the guys still here.

As for the final stage of the season, I don't really care how the team gets the 6-7 more wins they need to make the tournament. Just do it.

You really need to take Sean Connery's advice here when it comes to this Hauser adjusting argument.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2020, 02:37:05 PM »
Should (hopefully) have a chance for 4 in a row @ Butler next Friday.  Don't expect to win that one.

The stretch of Creighton, @PC, Gtown, Seton Hall, @Depaul, @St Johns to finish BE play could find a streak of 4 in there, though certainly the toughest game in the stretch in the Hall smack dab in the middle.

I think they'll find a way to win at least 4 in a row at some point the remainder of the season. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2020, 03:39:32 PM »
voted 3, but think they will have multiple 3 game win streaks.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2020, 04:27:45 PM »
You really need to take Sean Connery's advice here when it comes to this Hauser adjusting argument.

Thanks for the advice..... I'll choose to ignore it.

This team is still figuring out ways to replace the Hausees minutes and the roles they filled. The X game showed that guys are starting to settle into their roles. The three guys I have been calling for to step up did. Sacar, Brendan, and Koby were all more aggressive offensively early in the game. Theo getting going early was icing on the cake.

I honestly believe the Hausers absence did contribute to Marquettes early conference struggles. I also believe that Wojo spent the first six games identifying who he could count on to consistently replace Sam and Joeys production. In the X game, the players Wojo selected to replace the Hausers rewarded his confidence in them with solid production. This bodes well for the rest of the season

The concept of a team needing a few games in conference to gel after losing key players is not new.

Here's some advice for you...........

Don't give advice where it's not needed.