Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Butler game thread  (Read 11568 times)

nyg

• All American
Re: Butler game thread
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2017, 09:56:27 PM »
Shot selection just blows, especially after timeout, they can't even get shot off.  Then lets jack em up time.  If going to do that, at least have Rowsey in. 

Lappas is just killing MU for its defense.........

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2017, 09:57:00 PM »
It's just so frustrating to root for this team.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2017, 09:57:07 PM »
Another terrible loss.

Just completely killed ourselves
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

warriorfan 14

• Starter
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2017, 09:57:11 PM »
crabass has the mental toughness that we do not. have to give it to the guy, he has absolutely owned us. we have too many weaklings on this team (mentally and physically). 3 point chucking also killed us

DJO's Jaw

• All American
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2017, 09:57:23 PM »
Absolutely atrocious offense tonight. Poor shot selection. Didn't take care of the ball. I'm surprised we actually made it to 60.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2017, 09:58:05 PM »
Rinehardt playing like he did in the first 5 games.  Really stupid
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2017, 09:58:25 PM »
Cheat,Johnson,Rowley combined 7 points

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2017, 09:58:32 PM »
I figured Butler would beat us given their week off.  But man is it frustrating that we could've won this game.  Just one guy needed to be hot.  Cheatham, Johnson, Reinhardt, and Rowsey all played poorly.

warriorfan 14

• Starter
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2017, 09:59:25 PM »
Another terrible loss.

Just completely killed ourselves

yes, very frustrating team. continually lets the fans down. put ourselves in a great spot with wins over creighton and nova and now it appears that we might have just pissed those wins away.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2017, 09:59:38 PM »
Cheatham sucks....

mayfairskatingrink

• Starter
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2017, 10:00:35 PM »
Lappas speaks for many MU fans wondering what is MU doing on defense.

Wojo had better recruit absolute superstars because he cannot teach this level of player to grasp whatever his defensive strategy is.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2017, 10:00:54 PM »
crabass has the mental toughness that we do not. have to give it to the guy, he has absolutely owned us. we have too many weaklings on this team (mentally and physically). 3 point chucking also killed us

We just don't have anyone to guard him. Hauser is too weak. Katin too short. Luke way, way too slow

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2017, 10:01:02 PM »

Exactly compare chrabacz to fisher.  He made plays, fischer bricked his fts, missed to unguarded layins and had a rebound come to him that he fumbled out of bounds.  Mental toughness vs a mental marshmallow.  Sad but you cant be good as a team having players that soft mentally
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2017, 10:01:15 PM »
Cheat,Johnson,Rowley combined 7 points

Just maybe the defense of the team in the top 25 had something to do with it, as well.
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

tower912

• All American
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2017, 10:03:04 PM »
Exactly compare chrabacz to fisher.  He made plays, fischer bricked his fts, missed to unguarded layins and had a rebound come to him that he fumbled out of bounds.  Mental toughness vs a mental marshmallow.  Sad but you cant be good as a team having players that soft mentally
Fischer only gets the easy double doubles.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2017, 10:04:36 PM »
You are a complete douche
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

warriorfan 14

• Starter
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2017, 10:06:45 PM »
Fischer only gets the easy double doubles.

I guess I just like guys that get the job done and win games. We used to have those kind of players back in the day.........

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2017, 10:07:35 PM »

I'm sorry but this is a terrible exaggeration.  Fischer was the least of Marquette's problems today. Did he make every play he could?  No. Was he as terrible as you make him sound?  No way.

Your illogical bias is just ridiculous.  You do a great job sounding like you know what you are talking about. But you don't.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2017, 10:07:54 PM »
You are a complete douche

More like a mental marshmallow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2017, 10:08:47 PM »
Then blame the shooters or butlers defense.  Luke was the solution tonight not the problem.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2017, 10:09:21 PM »
People ripped on me for finding it hard to believe that the team could go 4-3 down the stretch. Seriously? I wanna be optimistic, but look how MU plays.

You weren't ripped on. It was pointed out to you that this team when 5-3 during a much tougher stretch of the season.

I thought the team played fine tonight. Lost by three to the second best team in the conference. Could of won but needed one more break to go there way. Gotta go 4-2 the rest of the way. Very possible with this squad. Also possible that they could go 0-6. Buckle up.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2017, 10:10:46 PM »
You do a great job sounding like you know what you are talking about.

No he doesn't!

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2017, 10:11:14 PM »
More like a mental marshmallow
I was looking for a way to work in marshmallow, but marshmallow douche just sounded...wrong.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2017, 10:13:42 PM »
You weren't ripped on. It was pointed out to you that this team when 5-3 during a much tougher stretch of the season.

I thought the team played fine tonight. Lost by three to the second best team in the conference. Could of won but needed one more break to go there way. Gotta go 4-2 the rest of the way. Very possible with this squad. Also possible that they could go 0-6. Buckle up.

Exactly. Its gonna be a heck of a finish. Hopefully in MUs favor.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2017, 10:17:17 PM »

You blame the guy who went 9-14, 19 points, 13 rebounds, 2 assists , 1 steal,  and 4 blocks for the loss? That speaks volumes.

Johnson, Cheatham, Reinhardt, and Rowsey had rough outings tonight. Any one of them has a slightly better outing and we win the game. If Howard doesn't get stuffed 5 times we win the game. If Rowsey doesn't get three soft fouls called on him we probably win the game.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

feedback