collapse

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 07:13:47 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 07:13:08 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[Today at 07:13:05 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Last Jedi *SPOILER* thread  (Read 9985 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Last Jedi *SPOILER* thread
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2017, 06:09:06 PM »
No one hates Star Wars more than Star Wars fans.

I finally saw it yesterday and loved it.  Superman Leia was really bad but other than that thought it was well done. Will need a re-watch to be sure but might be my favorite since the originals.

Best lightsaber battle period.  I liked all the homages to Empire and RotJ while still having an original story (unlike tFA). I thought the humor was on point. I really liked Poe's phone call. Thought it was a reference to Hans weapon malfunction. Cinematography on the kamikaze cruiser was perfect. As soon as they cut to purple hair lady I thought she was going to ram the dreadnought....but at normal speed....when they said she was preparing to jump to light speed my eyes got real wide.

I really hope that Rey is truly descended from nobodies. Great message and a nice twist. I think she ends up having a famous ancestor. My favorite theory is Palpatines granddaughter. I think there's a nice balance to it. The sith are championed by a descendent of famous Jedi and the Jedi are championed by the descendent of a famous Sith. We all know Star Wars loves its symmetry.

I also think Ben will be redeemed. Roses last line will be key.  Paraphrasing "we won't win by killing our enemies we will win by saving the ones we love. " Ben won't be redeemed by killing his master like Vader was.  He'll be redeemed by saving someone he loves (Rey? Leia?).

Lots of directions this can go.  I like the idea of burning down the past and starting something new.  Grey Jedis maybe?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2017, 11:45:07 PM »
... where the f does the First Order get it's money?

That god damn f’n mouse, of course.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2017, 07:50:33 AM »
Anyone else interested in Star Wars 6.5, similar to how Rogue One was SW 3.5?

Think the rise of the First Order and fall of the Jedi could be a strong standalone story.

feedback