[Today at 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by barfolomew
[Today at 02:08:20 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 01:48:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Question for this board regarding lowers.....  (Read 5163 times)

muguru

• All American
Question for this board regarding lowers.....
« on: January 01, 2008, 09:18:45 PM »
Just a question and this is directed solely at anyone in particular, but I have seen it numerous times on this board and I thought now was a good time to ask....

Why is it that 99% of the people that are looking for tickets always request lowers?? Shouldn't you just be happy with whatever it is you can get?? I mean if someone is willing to give you a pair of uppers or sell them to you really cheap, why is that not acceptable?? Why does everyone insist on lowers?? There are good seats upstairs too you know??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: Question for this board regarding lowers.....
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 09:24:33 PM »
Because if you want uppers, you can get them through the ticket office, no problem.  (Of course, for the 2 games that are sold out, ND and GTown, sure, you should be happy just to get in the building.)

So yeah, I can see how people would only be looking for lowers, since uppers are easy to buy.

.. That being said, I hate the upper bowl.   It's like watching the game on TV with slightly more noise.  To each his own, though.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 06:14:27 AM »
Sure you can get uppers through ticketmaster anytime, but are they "good" uppers?? Most likely not. They are probably behind the basket, or deep in a corner somewhere, or even 10+ rows up center court.

It's all about the row. I'd much rather be in the 1st-3rd rows in the corner or sideline, then 10th row center court. I am not a fan of being behind the basket at all, anywhere.

Anyway, as much as I love MU basketball, I'd just be happy to be at a game no matter where I sat. It beats not going at all in my world.  :)
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MARQTTE

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 09:22:53 AM »
I will answer each of your questions individually:

Why is it that 99% of the people that are looking for tickets always request lowers?? Easy answer.  Lowers are better for the most part.  There are some aspects of the game (Coach Crean, the bench, etc) that can't be picked up in the upper seats.

Shouldn't you just be happy with whatever it is you can get?? Definitely not.  The fact is that most tickets (except for the big games) sell for face value or less.  Law of supply and demand. 
I mean if someone is willing to give you a pair of uppers or sell them to you really cheap, why is that not acceptable?? Because I can get lowers for face value!!
Why does everyone insist on lowers?? There are good seats upstairs too you know??  I do agree on this point.  I would settle for uppers (and usually do) but sometimes I want to sit downstairs when I'm not with the whole family.
1993 MU Engineering Grad

chapman

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 01:31:28 PM »
While we're asking ticket questions, my question is: Why do students try to sell their tickets?  Not seen so much here, but quite a bit in other places.  I can understand high-demand games like Notre Dame or if something comes up trying to sell a bunch of tickets together.  But almost all students who need an extra ticket can get one from a friend because there's always someone who can't get to the game.  And almost all people who aren't students and want tickets would rather not sit in the student section.  Is trying to get the $5 or less really worth it?  On top of that, I've seen students offering to sell their ticket to the Notre Dame game for $70.  If someone is desperate they might pay $25 since it's a sold-out rivalry game, but it's still technically during break and on a Packer playoff gameday, so I doubt anyone will pay $70 to sit in the student section.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 09:52:31 PM »
Same game last year people got 100 bucks for those tickets.  With the Illinois contingent and large number of only casual football fans that go to MU, there will be a full student section and I guarantee next week someone will make a lot of money off selling their student ticket to another not so intelligent student.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 09:53:54 PM »
also, there was one girl on facebook that tried selling every single one of her conference tickets for 15 bucks each. Trying to make a killing off those considering fanatics tickets only cost 75 for the season.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 09:03:51 AM »
I am telling you, if you are in the first three rows of a middle section in the upper deck, you are much better off than having lowers in an endzone.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 09:53:05 AM »
I am telling you, if you are in the first three rows of a middle section in the upper deck, you are much better off than having lowers in an endzone.

I had sat in those seats, and they are pretty nice. The student section corner is not very good in comparison. However, I'm sure the other corners might be better since it's not the student section in general.

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 10:29:09 PM »
first of all, what is wrong with being in the student section corner besides the student section?  the outlook is the same.

second of all, behind the basket seats can be pretty cool too, maybe not something for every game, but come on, those DJ 'oops and Ooze/Burke/Trend jams are pretty amazing up close.

oh, and while it may seem like $15 a pop for student section seats during conference games is high, that's really only a net profit of $11, and probably way more cost effective than stub hub or what not.  good seats as any as long as you're willing to get there early and put up with the company ;)  we're not all bad, believe it or not!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 01:00:05 AM »
I've been in section 106 since 2003-2004. It just isn't the same anymore. I guess too many people have come and gone, or its just me getting older.

Honestly, 106 has a pretty bad view. The movable sections don't have the same angle to see over other taller standing students. The basket obscures about 35% of the court. Once you get over the seeing the team/Crean run out, 106 really isn't the best spot to be.

I'd take that new 'Scott Pot' area over it. And the section to the left of it.

I'd like to share some of my favorite quotes from 106 during providence:
"Is that the starting lineup? 0 is a freshman, 4 is a walk-on, 42 never plays, I don't know who 21 is..."

" I'm so buzzed! HEYYY!! This is my JAM! Dance with me girlfriend!"

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 09:58:11 AM »
I have to agree marqtm, 106 is nothing of years past. the front row has it's antics and me and a few others have tried to retake the top corner closest to 224 but alas...I think it has partly to do with the lack of close games thus far and the amount of freshman that come early. I know some of my friends that get there shortly after I do and while 106 seats are still available, they'll take front row in the corner or go to the section right behind 106 and take that front row. Slightly less obstructed view in those areas to be honest.  I'll wait to pass judgment on this years student section until we actually play a close game at home but initially it does seem weaker than the past two years.

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008, 08:50:00 PM »
how can you say it's weaker when we haven't had a BEast game during the regular semester yet? can you blame students that don't live close by/prioritize school over the OOC season that don't come out?   it's too bad that person didn't know what who those numbers belonged too, but that's just the reality of the student fan base.  people either overzealously care (scoopers) or they are just mildly interested in bball but more interested in having a good time regardless of the outcome. People don't cheer "win or lose, we still booze" for nothing!  ;D

feedback