Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: I believe  (Read 10575 times)

79Warrior

• All American
Re: I believe
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2017, 04:58:59 PM »
I think today was the angriest I've seen Wojo in his time at Marquette. The way he was jawing at Howard late in the second half and giving Dwayne a piece of his mind was a sign something is changing.

Wojo planned well and the team, for the most part, executed.

Wojo was working his tail off. Had they blew this one it would have been an epic collapse and Wojo knew it. They needed this win to prove to themselves they can close out a game on the road.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2017, 05:01:57 PM »
Great win no doubt, but again poor defense in the second half. We won today, but won't win many giving up 50+ in a half

Depends - if we're scoring 50+, we have a shot....

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2017, 05:03:02 PM »
And for those still pining for Shaka...Texas is 7-12, 1-6 in conference
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2017, 05:26:18 PM »
We now have some momentum. Villanova is going down!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

GWSwarrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2017, 05:48:44 PM »
This game turns the corner for me on the entire tenure. I'm on board.

We lose to Nova on Tuesday and you and most of the rest of the shoppers will be calling for Wpjo's head
Fear makes you dumb.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2017, 05:51:22 PM »
We now have some momentum. Villanova is going down!

I really hate it when we start counting chickens before they are in the coop.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2017, 05:52:00 PM »
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2017, 05:54:26 PM »
As long as Fischer doesn't put up 2 points, 1 rebound, and foul trouble, MU can beat anyone in the BE.

Plus Tax

mug644

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2017, 10:54:21 PM »
I am psyched and totally appreciate the effort and result. It was an incredible win against a top team in a difficult environment. And, it was an important bounce back (and hold on) from Monday's debacle at Butler. Lots to build on from here.

But, it was not Creighton at their best, and it was not the team that was ranked #7 at the beginning of the week. It was a team that is adjusting to losing their all-important PG, and it clearly impacted the play of their star freshman (it seems that Patton was trying to do too much in Watson's absence, and couldn't cope with Fischer).

I'm very optimistic, but not yet (and maybe never, until it happens) convinced that this team will make the tourney.

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2017, 11:04:07 PM »
I am psyched and totally appreciate the effort and result. It was an incredible win against a top team in a difficult environment. And, it was an important bounce back (and hold on) from Monday's debacle at Butler. Lots to build on from here.

But, it was not Creighton at their best, and it was not the team that was ranked #7 at the beginning of the week. It was a team that is adjusting to losing their all-important PG, and it clearly impacted the play of their star freshman (it seems that Patton was trying to do too much in Watson's absence, and couldn't cope with Fischer).

I'm very optimistic, but not yet (and maybe never, until it happens) convinced that this team will make the tourney.

Still the same Watson-less Creighton team that beat ranked Xavier on the road less than a week ago. This was a well-coached and well-executed game. Give credit where it's due, dude.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2017, 11:24:25 PM »
Still the same Watson-less Creighton team that beat ranked Xavier on the road less than a week ago. This was a well-coached and well-executed game. Give credit where it's due, dude.

I think I'm giving credit to MU, and they deserve it. It was, as you say, a well-coached and well-executed game.

Still, while Creighton beat Xavier in the game that Watson was hurt (and played nearly a quarter of the game), we can't honesty say that the team we beat is the team that earned a #7 ranking.

That's all I'm trying to say.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2017, 04:37:45 AM »
Really should have started with this:

Creighton is still going to be a top 20 team w or w out Watson - Mintz will be solid for them. They have a lot of weapons. Yes we were a bit lucky to get them in this game while they're adjusting, but we've had enough bad luck over the past year that maybe we were due. This is a solid solid win and - we've had the ability to win a game like this for a while - but have blown it for all sorts of reasons - really really encouraging to see us put it all together and to hang tough in the 2nd half even when the tide turned against us. I'm happy to give credit where credit is due - this was a great game by both the coach and players (that being said, I AM glad the game didn't go on another 5 minutes...)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 04:44:44 AM by 1SE »
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2017, 09:40:35 AM »

I love this. Every loss = fire wojo cause the team sucks. Every win = the opponent was overrated, no credit to wojo.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2017, 09:44:38 AM »
I love this. Every loss = fire wojo cause the team sucks. Every win = the opponent was overrated, no credit to wojo.

Which seems to equate to I don't like Wojo's Coaching!

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2017, 11:30:43 AM »

And you'll notice those same people were the ones trumping VPI's win against Duke.  They didn't seem to have similar qualms over the fact that Duke was playing without Allen...and was a win at home. 

Even without Watson that was a top 25 win on the road.  Great win.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2017, 11:59:11 AM »
I don't think it's out of the question that Creighton can be a top 15-20 team still. They have a lot of talent. That's a really tough place to win.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2017, 12:32:10 PM »

Wait, what? Did I imply that Creighton was overrated at #7? I certainly didn't mean to. Did I imply that I don't give Wojo credit? I didn't mean to.

My only point is that Creighton was playing it's first (full) game without their star PG. They were a different team than they were less than a week ago. Just like MU was a different team when Dom went down.

We caught them at a vulnerable time, Wojo had a solid game plan and made some very good in-game adjustments, and we played well and hit shots. Victory, and that's a good thing.

I really thought that I was doing nothing but reaffirming the obvious, and it surprises me that I came off as extreme.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 12:37:59 PM by mug644 »

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2017, 02:11:09 PM »
Northwestern just won their first game in Columbus since 1977. Guess what else happened in 1977? ITS HAPPENING!  :P

tower912

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2017, 02:14:50 PM »
Not sure that there is causality there
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2017, 03:01:12 PM »
We're a bubble team. Hoping we can find a way to the tourney. No change in thinking since day one of the season.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2017, 03:12:28 PM »
...that we will win?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2017, 03:14:34 PM »
Northwestern just won their first game in Columbus since 1977. Guess what else happened in 1977? ITS HAPPENING!  :P
The Big Ten is way down this year. It shouldn't be shocking if NU gets in......and as an MU fan I don't care if they do.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2017, 03:15:48 PM »
The Big Ten is way down this year. It shouldn't be shocking if NU gets in......and as an MU fan I don't care if they do.

Normally I would be completely cheering for Northwestern to get their first ticket to the Dance.  Problem is we are a bubble team like them.  Until we are solidly in,  it will be hard to cheer for them even though I really want to.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2017, 03:17:37 PM »

Northwestern is in great shape. Would have to really p33 down the leg to not make it. Get to 10-8 and they're fine.. 5-2 now, with several gimmes on the sked still. I don't think they're our concern/competition from a bubble perspective.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2017, 03:21:19 PM »
Normally I would be completely cheering for Northwestern to get their first ticket to the Dance.  Problem is we are a bubble team like them.  Until we are solidly in,  it will be hard to cheer for them even though I really want to.

Northwestern is likely a solid in this year (34 in RPI), not a bubble team.  Ohio State is bad, essentially comparable to Georgetown who is 2nd to last in our conference.

feedback