[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Not Ranked!?  (Read 4546 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Not Ranked!?
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2017, 08:32:38 AM »
People like badger confuse me. Years back when MU and UW were both top 25 teams I understood the banter back and forth. But now? MU is rebuilding, UW had back to back final 4 appearances, besides pure hate, what drives someone to come to another teams board and stir the pot? Bader, if you read this, it's an honest question. If you work with MU alums do you just approach them unsolicited and tell them marquette sucks? And that Bo Ryan is some one your kids should look up to? I would love to have a real conversation around this.

It's real simple:  He's a troll.

No more.  No less.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2017, 08:34:48 AM »

It's real simple:  He's a troll.

No more.  No less.
Well, it's strictly attention-driven. It's there's no response then there's no motivation. Don't energize the, troll. Let'em find another source.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2017, 08:45:03 AM »
People like badger confuse me. Years back when MU and UW were both top 25 teams I understood the banter back and forth. But now? MU is rebuilding, UW had back to back final 4 appearances, besides pure hate, what drives someone to come to another teams board and stir the pot? Bader, if you read this, it's an honest question. If you work with MU alums do you just approach them unsolicited and tell them marquette sucks? And that Bo Ryan is some one your kids should look up to? I would love to have a real conversation around this.

Watch the most reason season of South Park.  It will explain everything.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2017, 09:24:42 AM »
I love my warriors, but we are not a top 25 team.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2017, 09:36:00 AM »
I love my warriors, but we are not a top 25 team.

Agree. I want us to be top 25. And we could get there this year. But I am more concerned about making the tourney and building on that next year.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2017, 09:37:51 AM »
Agree. I want us to be top 25. And we could get there this year. But I am more concerned about making the tourney and building on that next year.

I don't see MU getting the wins they need to get in the rankings. Lets focus on getting enough to make the NCAA.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2017, 09:43:19 AM »
MU could run the table and not make the top 25.   Too many early season losses.    Too many other teams already in that will hover around 6-8 losses.    Make the dance.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Folks,,,

• Starter
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2017, 11:48:42 AM »
MU could run the table and not make the top 25.   Too many early season losses.    Too many other teams already in that will hover around 6-8 losses.    Make the dance.   

That's just not true, MU would be 23-7 (14-4) and be in position for (at worst) 2nd place in the conference. But, as we sit today I agree, MU should not be receiving votes.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2017, 12:52:52 PM »
That's just not true, MU would be 23-7 (14-4) and be in position for (at worst) 2nd place in the conference. But, as we sit today I agree, MU should not be receiving votes.

Agreed ... if we ran the table (we are not) we are a top 15 rank and looking at a 4 or 5 seed.  If we then won the BE Tourney (why not we just an the table!), we would be a 2 or 3 seed.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2017, 01:06:50 PM »
But, as we sit today I agree, MU should not be receiving votes.

Of course not.  The 26th best team in the country is supposed to get zero votes.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2017, 01:38:51 PM »
Guys and gals, we're close but we're not there yet.

I think we have a great team. We are building something. But our record doesn't merit a ranking.

Don't barf like a freshman with the DTs against Butler, Pitt and Seton Hall and we're ranked in the Top 15.

Beat Providence and we're probably in the Top 10 with losses to Wisconsin, Villanova and Michigan. We'd be a Top 3 or 4 seed in that case.

See what I mean -- so close!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2017, 02:02:43 PM »
I don't see MU getting the wins they need to get in the rankings. Lets focus on getting enough to make the NCAA.

No disrespect, but I don't see it mattering more than a speck of dust on an elephant's butt if we focus on the rankings, the tournament or whatever. We don't affect the outcome of anything.

I like being ranked because it means we're always on the "scroll" on ESPN and FS1. I like that tiny bit of free pub. Plus, going from unranked to ranked generally means things are moving in the right direction.

I know it doesn't really "matter," though.

I agree with Smuggles that if we win both games this week we'll get some votes, and if we win both next week, we'll make our season debut in the rankings.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2017, 03:45:46 PM »
No disrespect, but I don't see it mattering more than a speck of dust on an elephant's butt if we focus on the rankings, the tournament or whatever. We don't affect the outcome of anything.

I like being ranked because it means we're always on the "scroll" on ESPN and FS1. I like that tiny bit of free pub. Plus, going from unranked to ranked generally means things are moving in the right direction.

I know it doesn't really "matter," though.

I agree with Smuggles that if we win both games this week we'll get some votes, and if we win both next week, we'll make our season debut in the rankings.

Maybe, but beating DePaul and SJU is not going to get the voters in a lather about MU. We shall see, I would not count on it.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2017, 03:57:07 PM »
Guys and gals, we're close but we're not there yet.

I think we have a great team. We are building something. But our record doesn't merit a ranking.

Don't barf like a freshman with the DTs against Butler, Pitt and Seton Hall and we're ranked in the Top 15.

Beat Providence and we're probably in the Top 10 with losses to Wisconsin, Villanova and Michigan. We'd be a Top 3 or 4 seed in that case.

See what I mean -- so close!

Sure, and if Nova and Seton Hall don't fold like accordions down the stretch in Milwaukee we're 12-9, 3-6.

"See what I mean" works both ways - we are what our record says we are. A work in progress moving in the right direction.

burger

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2017, 04:42:13 PM »
Indiana and Mich St. did not receive a single vote either.....

And they do not deserve any......

We might have "eked" out a few if we had beat Providence.......

This team is destined to be right on the bubble and selection Sunday will be a "nervous" time....

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2017, 06:34:59 PM »
Agreed ... if we ran the table (we are not) we are a top 15 rank and looking at a 4 or 5 seed.  If we then won the BE Tourney (why not we just an the table!), we would be a 2 or 3 seed.

I don't see any way we get to the 2-line. Villanova, Gonzaga, and at least one of Baylor or Kansas seem locked into the top line, and I don't think we can do enough to pass Kentucky or Arizona (look at their schedules, not a lot of losses left). And that's without talking about the Selection Committee darlings in the ACC, where UNC, Louisville, Virginia, and Duke will likely account for at least 2 seeds on the top two lines.

If we win out, we might get a 3, but I could even see us not losing until March 12 and getting a 4 seed. We'd likely be ranked, but I could see us finishing 2nd or 3rd in conference and still being on the 5 or 6 line.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback