'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Harry Froling  (Read 63602 times)

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
Re: Harry Froling
« Reply #250 on: February 06, 2017, 11:14:56 AM »
Let's hope they know how to play defense!

This year a Big step up in offense,  Maybe next year a Big step up in Defense.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #251 on: February 06, 2017, 03:49:21 PM »
Do you think Froling is ahead of Matt at this point?

If so, playing against Froling in practice may be a good spark for Luke. The more competition, the better (even if Harry can't play in games now).
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #252 on: February 06, 2017, 03:59:09 PM »

If so, playing against Froling in practice may be a good spark for Luke. The more competition, the better (even if Harry can't play in games now).

The bigger question is how Wojo uses Froling, both Matt and Luke are back to basket players, it seems Froling can go outside as well.  With all the bigs next year I can
see John or Matt at the center and Froling at the 4. 

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #253 on: February 06, 2017, 04:26:30 PM »
The bigger question is how Wojo uses Froling, both Matt and Luke are back to basket players, it seems Froling can go outside as well.  With all the bigs next year I can see John or Matt at the center and Froling at the 4.

I believe there was a point in the DePaul game where Luke and Matt were both on the court. Wojo certainly hasn't hesitated to experiment with different lineups.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

GOO

• All American
« Reply #254 on: February 06, 2017, 04:39:53 PM »
The bigger question is how Wojo uses Froling, both Matt and Luke are back to basket players, it seems Froling can go outside as well.  With all the bigs next year I can
see John or Matt at the center and Froling at the 4.

Given how Wojo used Ellenson at the center position at times, I'd expect to see something similar with Froling.  It should open up more driving lanes and allow us to pull a big outside. It is hard to imagine an even more potent offense next year!  Although Fischer and JJJ will be missed at times. Katin will be missed a lot, the way he has come on, so maybe the best I should hope for is no drop off (which would be great considering where we are at offensively).
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 04:46:13 PM by GOO »

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #255 on: February 06, 2017, 04:45:19 PM »
Given how Wojo used Ellenson at the center position at times, I'd expect to see something similar with Froling.  It should open up more driving lanes and allow us to pull a big outside. It is hard to imagine an even more potent offense next year!  Although Fischer and JJJ will be missed at times.

Other than Howard, you are losing the next three top scorers on the team.  I will agree the point guards, Rowsey and Howard, will be improved slightly, the 2 guard
will be the same, the three will not be as good figuring you lose Johnson and Reinhardt, replaced by a frosh, Anim (not as good), Hauser should be better and the centers will not be as good, so why you saying they will be more potent next year?

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #256 on: February 06, 2017, 04:46:27 PM »
Seems like Matty H had been going too easy on Luke in practice.  Now that Harry is there, Luke is playing stronger.  I already welcome Harry's contribution!
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

GOO

• All American
« Reply #257 on: February 06, 2017, 04:47:10 PM »
Sorry, I forgot about Katin and then edited my post. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #258 on: February 06, 2017, 09:42:32 PM »

Based on what Froling did at SMU compared to what has done here? Definitely.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #259 on: February 06, 2017, 09:45:18 PM »
Other than Howard, you are losing the next three top scorers on the team.  I will agree the point guards, Rowsey and Howard, will be improved slightly, the 2 guard
will be the same, the three will not be as good figuring you lose Johnson and Reinhardt, replaced by a frosh, Anim (not as good), Hauser should be better and the centers will not be as good, so why you saying they will be more potent next year?

Could be is probably the operative phrase. Don't forget that recruiting for next year isn't done.

However, its hard to imagine us having an offense ranked higher than 8th (where we are right now). But even if we're only top 25, I'm hoping we will raise a lot more spots in defense.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #260 on: March 11, 2017, 12:10:30 PM »
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #261 on: March 11, 2017, 12:20:17 PM »
Looks like Todd is working Harry hard!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/MUStrength/status/840330074259914752

Him being down to 248 is already fantastic, if they can get him to 240 lbs of muscle...watch out, he'll be a beast.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #262 on: March 11, 2017, 12:27:11 PM »
Haha...
Todd Smith‏ @MUStrength
@HarryFroling Quit looking at the scale and get back to work.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #263 on: March 11, 2017, 12:30:00 PM »
wasn't todd the same guy who worked with davante?  he was over 300 ++ in high school, eyyn"a?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 12:34:53 PM by rocket surgeon »
don't...don't don't don't don't

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #264 on: March 11, 2017, 12:37:30 PM »
Does Marie Osmond ( Nutrisytem ) takeover for Todd when he is on vacation?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #265 on: March 11, 2017, 12:52:36 PM »

Expect to see Froling and Matt on the floor at the same time a good bit, especially if he gets down to around 240.  Should see a lot of kick outs from double teams as the defense tries to collapse on the bigs.  That and Froling can step out and drill the 3.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #266 on: March 11, 2017, 12:53:01 PM »
Absolutely love the fact that Harry has dedicated this year to creating a BEast ready body.  Next, Wojo will work on producing a BEast level 4/5.

Looking forward to his court presence next December.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #267 on: March 11, 2017, 01:44:49 PM »
I think Theo is going to make a bigger impact than people think as well. Eke probably redshirts with Heldt, Froling, John, Hauser and Sacar all in front of him in the front court.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #268 on: March 11, 2017, 01:48:12 PM »
I think Theo is going to make a bigger impact than people think as well. Eke probably redshirts with Heldt, Froling, John, Hauser and Sacar all in front of him in the front court.

Sacar is going to play the 2 and 3.

I think we'll see a lot more of Sam at the 3.

As you know, Froling can't play til mid December.

I think Eke only red shirts if we land a grad transfer. But I'm all for it.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #269 on: March 11, 2017, 01:54:58 PM »
Sacar is going to play the 2 and 3.

I think we'll see a lot more of Sam at the 3.

As you know, Froling can't play til mid December.

I think Eke only red shirts if we land a grad transfer. But I'm all for it.

Positions no matta.  Cheatham, Anim, and Hauser can all play together.  Cain is position versatile, too.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #270 on: March 11, 2017, 02:09:06 PM »
Positions no matta.  Cheatham, Anim, and Hauser can all play together.  Cain is position versatile, too.

Sure, but Sam is not a 4. He will play much more like a wing than a front court player next year, IMO. Same goes for Anim.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #271 on: March 11, 2017, 02:44:59 PM »
Sure, but Sam is not a 4. He will play much more like a wing than a front court player next year, IMO. Same goes for Anim.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us go big sometimes and play a 1-3-1 with Hauser/Cain/Cheatham/John using length to disrupt at the top and along the baseline.  All have the athleticism to cover the ground and the length to disrupt.  Put Rowsey/Howard on the edges and Froling or Heldt in the middle.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #272 on: March 11, 2017, 02:46:10 PM »
I am glad to see that Harry is working himself into shape.    One of our bigs next year (Harry, Matt, Theo, Ike) is going to have to be able to defend on the perimeter.    Can't have a rerun of Oxtule.   The videos I have seen of TJ indicate  he may be able to defend in space.     Also, in a perfect world, Harry is mobile enough to be one of the 4 in the 4-out-1-in offense.     If not, either Wojo has to revamp his schemes, or look for Cain to get run along side Hauser.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #273 on: March 11, 2017, 02:53:09 PM »
I am glad to see that Harry is working himself into shape.    One of our bigs next year (Harry, Matt, Theo, Ike) is going to have to be able to defend on the perimeter.    Can't have a rerun of Oxtule.   The videos I have seen of TJ indicate  he may be able to defend in space.     Also, in a perfect world, Harry is mobile enough to be one of the 4 in the 4-out-1-in offense.     If not, either Wojo has to revamp his schemes, or look for Cain to get run along side Hauser.

Or you can just have the exact same starting lineup you have had recently and have Cheatham coming off the bench as well.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #274 on: March 11, 2017, 03:03:16 PM »
Maybe.    6 returning players next year from this year's rotation.    Sacar and Harry have been in the program, working on their games and bodies.     Sacar, on the scout team, has been acting as the other team's top scorer, working on his handle and his mid-range game.   If he has improved those and is 6'4-5 and muscular, that would be great.    Harry has dropped over 20 lbs and is wrestling with Matt and Luke every day in practice.  If his game is as advertised, then MU has a really solid 8 returning.    That is a great base.    Then, whatever MU gets from Ike, TJ, Cain and TBD guard is gravy. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback