Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jamal Cain  (Read 9796 times)

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: Jamal Cain
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2017, 01:51:51 PM »
For the record, I agree with you here.  I thought the OP was a legit question. 

Looks like some people woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.

Come on, is Cain the most important recruit in the last 20 years? Legitimate question?  You're defending a guy who went on to call Heldt a Division III player?

Oh, and while we have a moderator here, isn't there a prohibition against calling other posters names?

I love this board. The condescending, elitist, know-it-all pricks really make me miss my MU days.

I guess MU is good-to-go at the forward position for the 2017-18 season. My bad.

Thank you for all you and the other mods do to make Scoop possible, but I'm guessing that you don't want everyone to feel like we can't disagree with a post of yours.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2017, 01:55:24 PM »

Does Marquette realize they admitted the murderer? (Which is probably better than admitting the dead guy.)

JUST WIN BABY!
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

burger

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2017, 07:20:51 PM »
Wade was a partial qualifier.....

So a lot of top tier schools shied away.....

Crean offered him a full scholarship......At the time having to go one player short for Wade's freshman year.....

Wade was a Top 5 player in Illinois and I believe runner-up for Mr. Basketball.....

True Merritt was ranked higher by the "services" but all big men in that era were "overly" ranked.....

Wade was not a surprise to be a star in college.....What was a little surprising that he became a perennial all-star with multiple NBA rings and certain future hall of famer.....

In my opinion.....Jimmy Butler's ascension to be a Top 10 player in the NBA is a much bigger surprise.....
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 07:23:08 PM by burger »

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2017, 08:07:31 PM »
Wade was a partial qualifier.....

So a lot of top tier schools shied away.....

Crean offered him a full scholarship......At the time having to go one player short for Wade's freshman year.....

Wade was a Top 5 player in Illinois and I believe runner-up for Mr. Basketball.....

True Merritt was ranked higher by the "services" but all big men in that era were "overly" ranked.....

Wade was not a surprise to be a star in college.....What was a little surprising that he became a perennial all-star with multiple NBA rings and certain future hall of famer.....

In my opinion.....Jimmy Butler's ascension to be a Top 10 player in the NBA is a much bigger surprise.....
Pretty sure I remember Wade finished 7th in IL mr bball
No Finish Line

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2017, 08:37:01 PM »
Once Wade scored 88 points in a Holiday Doubleheader, the gig was up, everyone knew a star was headed north.   
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 10:38:37 PM by The Lens »
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2017, 08:49:07 PM »
Once Wade scored 88 points in a Holiday Doubleheader, the gig was up, everyone new a star was headed north.

Truth

brandx

« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2017, 09:25:52 PM »

Maybe ...... maybe top 15 at best. Likelier closer to top 20.

burger

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2017, 01:14:03 AM »

Maybe ...... maybe top 15 at best. Likelier closer to top 20.

Your opinion.....Fact is.....Starting in the NBA all star game......

Sure.....a popularity contest......But one of the Top 10 players.....Five on the East.....Five on the West......

Westbook has to be in there .....So Top 11.....

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2017, 06:27:56 AM »
Your opinion.....Fact is.....Starting in the NBA all star game......

Sure.....a popularity contest......But one of the Top 10 players.....Five on the East.....Five on the West......

Westbook has to be in there .....So Top 11.....

Which is it? Either the 10 best players start in the All Star game or they don't. If they do then Westbrook isn't one. If they don't then starting in the All Star game doesn't prove Jimmy is a top 10 player.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter