Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: SOTG  (Read 8122 times)

MomofMUltiples

• All American
Re: SOTG
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2016, 09:07:08 PM »
Haani. He stepped up in the second half when needed.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2016, 09:16:51 PM »
Chairman Row
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2016, 09:38:43 PM »
Haanif with Rowsey a distant second. It SOTG, not SOT1H.

warriorstrack

• All American
  • Keep the wallet in the pocket
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2016, 09:47:38 PM »
I agree with HC, just needs to figure out how to make that shot against big east comp

TVDirector

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2016, 09:58:18 PM »
Rowsey
Or as the tv schmerm kept calling him, Howsey

brandx

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2016, 10:01:52 PM »
1. Rowsey
1a. HC

2.   Sam.

Everybody else should be ashamed of themselves.

My thoughts, exactly.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2016, 10:04:43 PM »
Haanif with Rowsey a distant second. It SOTG, not SOT1H.

It's not SOT2H either....

Haanif 1st half: 8 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 turnovers, 2 fouls, 2/5 FG, 1/2 3P

Rowsey 2nd half: 8 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 1 turnover, 2/6 FG, 2/2 FT, 2/6 3P

Rowsey's 2nd half was pretty much equal to HC's 1st half. I know you dislike Rowsey but come on man. Rowsey had a solid game.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2016, 10:06:01 PM »
Rowsey.  KPom agrees.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2016, 10:17:28 PM »
Only one real option.

Rowsey.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2016, 10:33:35 PM »
Rowsey only he ,Sam and Hc showed up tonight, JJJ had good stats but overshadowed by his mistakes

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2016, 10:46:42 PM »
Haanif was  huge when we needed him. He scored eight straight points when the offense was struggling.
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2016, 11:53:38 PM »
Rowsey
Or as the tv schmerm kept calling him, Howsey

This.

The first time, I said, "Did he really just call him, 'Howsey'? The second time, I laughed my arse off!

Solid game, and great shooting.

Non-SOTGs: JJJ was really erratic and out of control tonight, and I actually usually like his game more than many here; Luke couldn't get it in the bucket and he resorted to several shots that looked like throws in the 2H.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2016, 04:15:08 AM »
Rowley played the best tonight.   

What is wrong with JJJ?

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2016, 05:52:09 AM »
Said the same thing to a buddy during the game. He consistently makes mind boggling decisions.

He belongs in the Jamil Wilson camp of almosts and never-weres

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2016, 05:55:51 AM »
He belongs in the Jamil Wilson camp of almosts and never-weres

That last group of seniors quit on Buzz from an effort standpoint.  Luke, Du and JJJ had the same feel last night.  I hope they snap out of it because going through the motions in conference season would be painful.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2016, 07:36:45 AM »
JjJ, Duane and Luke were ALL TERRIBLE.  Problem was they couldn't be benched for the game because there was nobody else.  I didn't quite call out for Marotta to be inserted but the thought crossed my mind.

We had 7 guys.  Hauser and Heldt were 'fine'.  Not great but at least in the game.  Cheatham was beginning to get his swagger back but tough to measure against the opponent.  Only Rowsey was really mentally prepared to play basketball last night.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2016, 07:42:51 AM »
I like HC here. When they made that 2nd half push he took over the game.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2016, 07:43:56 AM »
What is wrong with JJJ?

Nothing.  This is "regressed to the mean JJJ."  He'll get his share of points.  He'll get his share of rebounds.  His defense is limited to steals.  He'll make some dumb turnovers.

This is who he is.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2016, 07:45:13 AM »
The comparison to Jamil may have been true up until last year. But I don't think it's valid now. For all his ups and downs, JaJuan is a far better player as a senior than Jamil was.

JJJ is a better shooter and more efficient scorer — especially inside the arc (58.8% on 2-pointers this year versus 47.3% for Jamil). He's one of our best players at breaking down the defense on the drive. While JaJuan and Jamie are about equal in terms of rebounding percentage, JJJ also gets the edge in DRtg so far this year.

Don't write off JaJuan just yet. Remember the dramatic improvement he showed just a year ago once the Big East conference season began. I think he still has the potential to elevate his game.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2016, 08:01:29 AM »
That may have been true up until last year. But I don't think the comparison is valid. For all his ups and downs, JaJuan is a far better player as a senior than Jamil was.

Jamil's problem in a nutshell - On senior night he passed the ball with D Wilson with 2 seconds left to take the final shot (believe we were down 1-2 points) - we lost the game - perfect reflection of Jamil's tenacity & desire to be a leader on that team.

JJJ has similar challenges now that he fixed the technical parts of his game.   How he reacts will dictate if he is remembered like Jamil or more fondly

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2016, 08:06:06 AM »
The comparison to Jamil may have been true up until last year. But I don't think it's valid now. For all his ups and downs, JaJuan is a far better player as a senior than Jamil was.

JJJ is a better shooter and more efficient scorer — especially inside the arc (58.8% on 2-pointers this year versus 47.3% for Jamil). He's one of our best players at breaking down the defense on the drive. While JaJuan and Jamie are about equal in terms of rebounding percentage, JJJ also gets the edge in DRtg so far this year.

Don't write off JaJuan just yet. Remember the dramatic improvement he showed just a year ago once the Big East conference season began. I think he still has the potential to elevate his game.

Are you sure about that?  The offensive numbers are nearly identical.  I don't know what all goes into DRtg, but if steals are included in that that is a terribly flawed number for JJ, as that is the entirety of his defense.  Jump the passing lane, if he doesn't get it maybe he turns around to look to see what happens.  Fatten up the steal numbers against no names and then get abused on the defensive end against teams like Wisconsin.  And if he sprints into 5 guys and turns the ball over in the middle of the lane or clanks a corner 3 while holding his follow through up like a statue until the other team gets the rebound he might consider jogging to half court before the other team gets an open 3.

Give me Jamil over JJJ 100% of the time.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2016, 08:07:59 AM »
We will see how JJJ performs during the BE season when he can't just "out athlete" people.  I hope it's not a repeat of the UW game and more a repeat of the end of last year.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2016, 08:12:04 AM »
Jamil's problem in a nutshell - On senior night he passed the ball with D Wilson with 2 seconds left to take the final shot (believe we were down 1-2 points) - we lost the game - perfect reflection of Jamil's tenacity & desire to be a leader on that team.

JJJ has similar challenges now that he fixed the technical parts of his game.   How he reacts will dictate if he is remembered like Jamil or more fondly

Jamil also hit 2 absolutely massive 3 pointers towards the end of the Davidson game to give us a prayer in that game.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2016, 08:26:17 AM »
Last time Rowsey was a potential SOTG he couldn't get it according to some because he didn't get it done in the first half.  Now he had a good first half and he can't get it because he didn't have a good second half (which he really didn't have a bad 2nd half either).

tower912

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2016, 08:29:18 AM »
What Jamil Wilson and JjJ have in common is that they are both better as the wingman and not the leader.   Both lack the dynamic, refuse-to-lose mentality MU had become accustomed to from its seniors.   Talented players.   Not leaders.   Both had the fate to play on a team that needed them to be leaders their senior years. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.