[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Vander Blue Man Group
[Today at 07:53:14 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA '17  (Read 241852 times)

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
Re: NBA '17
« Reply #1125 on: April 24, 2018, 08:36:22 PM »
No love for team leader in VORP, Joe Ingles?!?

Great point knew I was missing someone

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1126 on: April 24, 2018, 08:37:01 PM »
Horford hadn’t even left the ground to start his shot when the shot clock hit 0:00. How do you possibly miss that? Not one ref realized the shot clock went off a full second before Horford got the shot off?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1127 on: April 24, 2018, 08:41:25 PM »
Horford hadn’t even left the ground to start his shot when the shot clock hit 0:00. How do you possibly miss that? Not one ref realized the shot clock went off a full second before Horford got the shot off?

Horrible missed call. Not even close.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1128 on: April 24, 2018, 08:46:08 PM »
Horrible missed call. Not even close.

The good thing is it’ll be a nice bulletpoint on a sheet of paper tomorrow afternoon. Thanks NBA!

I get missed calls happen. Not like that though. That shouldn’t happen with 4 minutes left in the first quarter of a preseason game. With a minute left in a 4 point game of a 2-2 Playoff series? Come on.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1129 on: April 24, 2018, 08:49:10 PM »
Kant review dat, why, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1130 on: April 24, 2018, 09:10:28 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sECWJ3xxjz8

3 refs on the court.  Incredible.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1131 on: April 24, 2018, 09:30:58 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2018/04/24/nba-playoffs-live-updates-tuesdays-first-round-games/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.10f0e316c4a8

"The play could not be reviewed. Why? Because going back and checking if the shot clock expired when it hadn’t been called in the first place is not one of the things that triggers a replay review.

Ironically, it would have been better for Milwaukee if Horford’s shot had gone in. Had it, the Bucks would have gotten the ball back, and his shot would have been looked at later, and the points would have been taken off the board."

That absolutely makes no sense.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1132 on: April 24, 2018, 09:41:13 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/brewhoop/status/988954981016457216/video/1

Is the ref behind Horford signaling for a 3 pointer? It looks like he forgets that he’s supposed to signal for a 3 pointer when it was so clearly a 2 point attempt, and so clearly not even close to off in time.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1133 on: April 24, 2018, 10:09:50 PM »
Durant should just start shaving his head. That bald spot is starting to become real obvious.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1134 on: April 24, 2018, 11:35:10 PM »
Durant should just start shaving his head. That bald spot is starting to become real obvious.

That's what did it for me. One day I realized, "Shyte, I'm practically bald."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1135 on: April 25, 2018, 04:21:16 AM »

check their bank accounts, eyn'a?
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1136 on: April 25, 2018, 09:29:24 PM »
Someday, this LeBron kid is really gonna be a decent player.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1137 on: April 25, 2018, 10:08:31 PM »

Maybe Russell Westbrook won’t shoor 20% on 30 shots in a close out game someday.

He’s a great stat chaser though.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1138 on: April 25, 2018, 11:07:07 PM »
Man that Westbrook dude really sucks, aina? Must have read scoop during halftime for a bit of a pep talk.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1139 on: April 25, 2018, 11:09:47 PM »
Man that Westbrook dude really sucks, aina? Must have read scoop during halftime for a bit of a pep talk.

If you like your point guard taking 40 shots and shooting about 40% from the field yeah he's awesome.  And a point guard who can make Ricky Rubio look like the second coming of John Stockton because all he cares about is getting as many rebounds as he can even if it means losing in the first round or running off 2 NBA MVPs, he's incredible.

Gotta hand it to him though.  His Playoff field goal percentage went up with his 17-39 shooting performance tonight.  Good for him.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1140 on: April 25, 2018, 11:14:38 PM »
Interestingly enough when he shot the ball 17 times or less this season the Thunder were 20-2.  Unfortunately for them he averaged 21 shots per game this season.  Weird what happens when the ball doesn't stick to one person's hands...

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1141 on: April 25, 2018, 11:15:47 PM »
I get it, he's a very polarizing player. I wouldn't use the Rubio comparison tonight though, tricky Ricky show a whopping 25% and hauled in 12 rebounds.

For the record, I hope the Jazz win the series, i'd just understand your oddly placed hatred a little more if Westbrook actually played for the Bucks instead on a team in a completely different conference.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #1142 on: April 26, 2018, 01:24:27 AM »
I get it, he's a very polarizing player. I wouldn't use the Rubio comparison tonight though, tricky Ricky show a whopping 25% and hauled in 12 rebounds.

For the record, I hope the Jazz win the series, i'd just understand your oddly placed hatred a little more if Westbrook actually played for the Bucks instead on a team in a completely different conference.

I'll offer a little less polarizing emotional wades take about westbrook. I think he's one of the most exciting players in the NBA but in no way do I think that translates to playoff success. The
Proof is in the pudding too. Now two (three contenders) for MVP have left his them to play the best basketball of their career. Is Westbrook a top 5 player? Yes. Will he ever win a title? No. Really if you truly want to crap on him, gotta look into the advanced stats and look at uncontested rebounds and usage vs win share.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #1143 on: April 26, 2018, 01:26:28 AM »
I'll offer a little less polarizing emotional wades take about westbrook. I think he's one of the most exciting players in the NBA but in no way do I think that translates to playoff success. The
Proof is in the pudding too. Now two (three contenders) for MVP have left his them to play the best basketball of their career. Is Westbrook a top 5 player? Yes. Will he ever win a title? No. Really if you truly want to crap on him, gotta look into the advanced stats and look at uncontested rebounds and usage vs win share.

#freestevenadams

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1144 on: April 26, 2018, 06:05:37 AM »
Proof is in the pudding too. Now two (three contenders) for MVP have left his them to play the best basketball of their career.

Is Durant really playing the "best basketball of his career" at GS?  Statistically his best years were his years at OKC, even when you account for lower usage.

And Harden is clearly playing better basketball at Houston.  But he was 23 when he left OKC.  So is it because he is no longer with Westbrook or because he simply matured as a basketball player?

I mean I understand why people don't think that a team with a ball dominant player like Westbrook isn't going to win anything, but I think the idea that players are better when they don't play with him isn't really accurate.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #1145 on: April 26, 2018, 08:47:54 AM »
One of the best ever,  but he vociferously argues on seemingly every call, and that was a goaltend....

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1146 on: April 26, 2018, 09:49:56 AM »
One of the best ever,  but he vociferously argues on seemingly every call, and that was a goaltend....

Def a goaltend.  Also crazy how a narrative changes, Lebron and company didn't score from about the 5 min mark until the buzzer beater, almost a brutal collapse at home.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1147 on: April 26, 2018, 11:12:27 AM »
Maybe Russell Westbrook won’t shoor 20% on 30 shots in a close out game someday.

Odd response to my comment about a totally different player -- one of the 2 best ever IMHO, who just carried his mediocre team to an exciting playoff win.

As for Westbrook, we agree about his shortcomings and flaws.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1148 on: April 26, 2018, 11:49:59 AM »
Def a goaltend.  Also crazy how a narrative changes, Lebron and company didn't score from about the 5 min mark until the buzzer beater, almost a brutal collapse at home.

NBA officials have indicated that the reviews show it was a goaltend.

Refs totally screwed that up.  They should have called a goaltend.  Then reviewed the play to make sure.  If it wasn't a goaltend, they can overrule it.

But if they don't call it a goaltend, there is not possibility of review.

Gifted a win to the Cavs.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1149 on: April 26, 2018, 11:58:00 AM »

Is Durant really playing the "best basketball of his career" at GS?  Statistically his best years were his years at OKC, even when you account for lower usage.

And Harden is clearly playing better basketball at Houston.  But he was 23 when he left OKC.  So is it because he is no longer with Westbrook or because he simply matured as a basketball player?

I mean I understand why people don't think that a team with a ball dominant player like Westbrook isn't going to win anything, but I think the idea that players are better when they don't play with him isn't really accurate.

I don't necessarily think that players are "better" when they don't play with Westbrook but I do feel like he's a very difficult guy to play with because he's SO ball-dominant that he doesn't give teammates many opportunities to do anything.

Even at the age of 23, James Harden, in his first season away from Westbrook, made his first All-Star Game and led Houston to 45 wins. For reference, the other "stars" on that Rockets team were Chandler Parsons and Jeremy Lin.   

Victor Oladipo didn't suddenly become a great player in a matter of 3 months. He had arguably the worst season of his career playing next to Westbrook and became an All-Star in the next season playing without Westbrook.

Domantas Sabonis went to Indiana and saw his PT increase by about 4 minutes per game yet his production basically doubled.

Carmelo Anthony, who we can all agree is past his prime, went from being an All-Star last season to having the worst season of his career this year (a negative VORP!) playing with Westbrook.

Maybe it's just coincidence. Maybe it's coaching system in OKC. Maybe there are examples of players joining Westbrook and seeing their production and metrics improve. It just really seems like, as naturally gifted as Westbrook is, his Russ-vs-The-World style isn't conducive to successful, team-oriented basketball.