[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Becky Game: Alumni Watching Parties  (Read 3459 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Becky Game: Alumni Watching Parties
« on: December 07, 2016, 07:05:21 PM »
Some of my peoples may be hitting 508 Bar in Minneapolis...

...Wads and I will be in NYC... I may hit the Reservoir Bar for the game.. do they get many MU people there?

Any other potential SCOOPER gatherings for the game outside of Milwaukee?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

real chili 83

• All American
Re: Becky Game: Alumni Watching Parties
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 07:12:10 PM »
Who's planning on the 508?  I will likely be there.  Ma?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 07:35:27 PM »
F*ckin' typically invites all of Scoop nation ta his crib for his annual Toga Wapatui Blast in Sin City. Serves cheap, salty crunchies, but ya can crash der 'til ya can walk a straight line. Just bring yo own barf bag and pm him for directions, hey?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 07:39:11 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 07:38:02 PM »
For where two or three gather in Marquette's name, there is Al with them

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 07:45:01 PM »
I always watch at the schoolyard but I'm debating going to Wills Northwoods, has anyone watched a game there?
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 07:57:26 PM »
We actually have a pretty active club in Charlotte, but the president is out of town this weekend and nobody stepped up to organize anything, dammit.

I've sent out a coupla emails and texts, so hopefully a few fellow Warriors will join me and Mrs. 82 for a few brewskis and Bucky-bashings.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

RideMyBuycks

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 08:22:06 PM »
Was planning on barrio del cassa, but could be talked into 508 if the sound will be on. Monster truck post game planned at US bank

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 10:33:17 PM »
The official Seattle Scoop Watering Hole is the Issaquah Brewhouse which is owned and operated by Rogue

Death on call

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 10:49:13 PM »
The official Seattle Scoop Watering Hole is the Issaquah Brewhouse which is owned and operated by Rogue

My daughter, who is not an MU alum but who was raised right, often goes to these watching parties there. The last couple years she's dragged along her boyfriend, who is a Canadian and definitely isn't a hoops fan, but he's a good sport. Both root for the Warriors!

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2016, 05:41:45 AM »
The Boston game-watching party will be at Cask N Flagon in the Fenway.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2016, 06:07:01 AM »
I always watch at the schoolyard but I'm debating going to Wills Northwoods, has anyone watched a game there?

Mainly a Badger bar isn't it?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2016, 07:13:45 AM »
Mainly a Badger bar isn't it?

I've heard it's a general Wisconsin bar. I just don't want to deal with the TBox crowd like last year.
Maigh Eo for Sam

CreanLover

• Walk-On
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2016, 07:17:44 AM »
We actually have a pretty active club in Charlotte, but the president is out of town this weekend and nobody stepped up to organize anything, dammit.

I've sent out a coupla emails and texts, so hopefully a few fellow Warriors will join me and Mrs. 82 for a few brewskis and Bucky-bashings.
Where do people go to watch in Charlotte?

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2016, 07:20:44 AM »
I've heard it's a general Wisconsin bar. I just don't want to deal with the TBox crowd like last year.

I am obviously getting old.  You will have to explain "TBox".  I would guess you will be outnumbered by Becky fans at Northwoods.

Schoolyard is a zoo though.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2016, 07:28:15 AM »
Some of my peoples may be hitting 508 Bar in Minneapolis...

...Wads and I will be in NYC... I may hit the Reservoir Bar for the game.. do they get many MU people there?

Any other potential SCOOPER gatherings for the game outside of Milwaukee?

Jay Bee,
The last Club of NYC e-mail I got said the gamewatch would be at the Reservoir Bar.  Info below from the email:

Reservoir Bar
70 University Place
Closest Subways: 4/5/6/L at Union Square, N/R at 8th St. NYU

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2016, 07:42:55 AM »
Twelve Bars Of Xmas in Chicago, its a pub crawl
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2016, 08:39:04 AM »
Where do people go to watch in Charlotte?

There have been a few places since I moved here in 2010. Last year, the new Charlotte club presidents (a young couple) booked the upstairs loft at Taco Mac in South Park for 3 watching parties and it was great. They already have said that's where National MU watching will take place. But, as I said, they are out of town and didn't arrange anything for Bucky so it won't be there.

The few years before this, we did Ed's Tavern on Park just on the edge of Dilworth. It's OK. Word is that a few folks are heading there this weekend but I have received no confirmation of that. Sitting there with 3 or 4 other Warriors and watching on a too-far-away TV with no volume is not my preferred way to experience this game.

My first couple years we did a great place in Dilworth called Picasso's but the spot has changed hands several times and it's no longer viable.

I like the Taco Mac space. I just wish something had been done for this weekend. So, alas, we'll probably end up watching it at home on our HD big screen; maybe a fellow Warrior or two will join us.

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2016, 08:57:46 AM »
Denver? Is it just the Snug?

Re: Wills, I quite prefer it to Schoolyard because it's genuinely awesome. Spent a lot of days and nights chugging Leinies and forgetting that I don't smoke cigarettes next to a giant plastic moose. Might not be too slammed out the doors with Badger fans either since they're still smarting over the Big 10 football championship. Schoolyard, you'll need to get there a couple hours early for a table or a spot at the bar.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2016, 09:11:46 AM »
Anyone going to be watching in Indianapolis?
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2016, 09:28:05 AM »
My daughter, who is not an MU alum but who was raised right, often goes to these watching parties there. The last couple years she's dragged along her boyfriend, who is a Canadian and definitely isn't a hoops fan, but he's a good sport. Both root for the Warriors!

Mike

Have your daughter say hi next time she goes. Would love to buy her and her beau a Dead Guy Ale!

Death on call

mikekinsellaMVP

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2016, 09:31:46 AM »

Will's becomes Buckyland on game days.  Go only if you're willing to take some sh*t.

Cortland's Garage is a good non-Lakeview option if you want to avoid TBOX altogether.  Decent food, too.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2016, 09:49:27 AM »
Will's becomes Buckyland on game days.  Go only if you're willing to take some sh*t.

Cortland's Garage is a good non-Lakeview option if you want to avoid TBOX altogether.  Decent food, too.

Hmm well I'm watching with my cousin who's a badger alum so I was hoping it'd be a good neutral site for us but now I'm rethinking that.

Was at Cortland's for the Hawks last Stanley Cup and wasn't a big fan of it, maybe they were just over crowded or something so I'll give it another shot eventually.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2016, 11:04:18 AM »
Mike

Have your daughter say hi next time she goes. Would love to buy her and her beau a Dead Guy Ale!

You gonna be there Saturday? If so, and if she decides to go, I'll have her ask for Crash.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2016, 12:31:55 PM »

This is probably not the game for going for the first time. Pretty heavy bucky bar. I did watch the Marquette-Cuse tourney game (Scoop over and back one). Had a chili cookoff, which was alright.

I'd say go to Cortland's Garage if you're willing to get out of Lakeview/LP. Or Kirkwood's would be a good neutral site in Lakeview (IU and Huskers bar...but the guy that used to be at Schoolyard manages it now).

edit: I forgot it was Tbox. Might as well go to Cortland's then. So glad we are getting out of town and going up for the game. Last year like 3 depaul kids were trying to pass out in the parking lot near the Diversey brown line and it was only 8am. My wife and I had to tell one of them that lying in part of the road was a poor idea. Apparently when you turn 30 you become that unhip parent.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 12:34:24 PM by JakeBarnes »
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

feedback