Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: SOTG  (Read 10284 times)

NCMUFan

• All American
Re: SOTG
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2016, 07:56:00 AM »
Don't buy it on the steals.  It is like saying the basket just happened to be in the right place for his shots.  JJJ got Marquette rolling and didn't let up.  Fischer played a great game though.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2016, 08:15:53 AM »
Mostly agree, but there was the one towards the end where JJJ wasn't within six feet of a Vandy player yet their guard tossed it straight to him.  That was the one the announcer said he wouldn't even classify as a steal.  It was a hilariously awful pass by Vandy.  Again, not to take anything away from JJJ, but that was truly gifted to him.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2016, 08:21:00 AM »
So JJJ is nabbing the "easy steals" this year, ai-na?

fjm

• All American
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2016, 08:32:34 AM »
I said Luke earlier, slept on it, and here is why:

JJJ was huge! Steals, dunks, great plays! But we all sat here this offseason freaking out about "is Luke going to play long once he has 3 fouls 30 seconds into the game!?" And "who is going to rebound! We are going to lose every game by 15 because of our rebounding."

Well Luke played 32 min, stayed relatively out of foul trouble, made is FT's, scored 18 (I believe), and nabbed 7 rebs.

(I will say though, the team rebounding looked great last night!)

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2016, 09:10:13 AM »

Well sure.  But we are talking about the SOTG.  Not the season MVP.I would argue (although not vehemently) that JJJ was better than Luke tonight.
No, this was a divergent thread ( you are not staying on topic with a poster who did not stay on topic) within this thread about who's production the poster thought would be more important in the Michigan game.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2016, 09:13:03 AM »
I said Luke earlier, slept on it, and here is why:

JJJ was huge! Steals, dunks, great plays! But we all sat here this offseason freaking out about "is Luke going to play long once he has 3 fouls 30 seconds into the game!?" And "who is going to rebound! We are going to lose every game by 15 because of our rebounding."

Well Luke played 32 min, stayed relatively out of foul trouble, made is FT's, scored 18 (I believe), and nabbed 7 rebs.

(I will say though, the team rebounding looked great last night!)

No disagreement from me.  If Luke can play that well throughout the season we'll be damn good. 

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2016, 10:21:15 AM »
This was a tough one, and I know some will disagree with me.  JJJ was the stud of the second half.  For game consistency the whole game, I went with Luke.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2016, 11:09:39 AM »
This was a tough one, and I know some will disagree with me.  JJJ was the stud of the second half.  For game consistency the whole game, I went with Luke.
I was at the Blackhawks loss so I missed the Warriors win.  When I saw Big Fischy's picture up, I was surprised, given all the early votes for JjJ.  On the other hand, Rocky's never been shy about his decision being contrary to the majority. 

Great win Warriors!
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2016, 11:22:11 AM »

No Worries, its a win  win.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2016, 11:33:41 AM »
I did not see the game  but centers stay out of foul trouble more if the other four players are playing good defense

Norm

• All American
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2016, 12:03:01 PM »
As someone who was at the game, there was no question JJJ was the SOTG. Fans were marveling at his acrobatic baskets and then he was also hitting 3's, dunking and creating havoc on D. Luke was good, but JJJ was the catalyst to that win.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2016, 12:04:34 PM »
As someone who was at the game, there was no question JJJ was the SOTG. Fans were marveling at his acrobatic baskets and then he was also hitting 3's, dunking and creating havoc on D. Luke was good, but JJJ was the catalyst to that win.

KPom agrees

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2016, 12:07:18 PM »

This is a dictatorship not a democracy.

Or is it just an electoral college?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2016, 12:13:10 PM »

Hmmm.

How was Luke's second half any better than JJJs first?
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2016, 12:16:30 PM »
If its luke we at least need a pic with his chinstrap beard and new haircut.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 12:18:57 PM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

Babybluejeansfan

• Walk-On
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2016, 12:21:20 PM »

The winner.  Love this guy.  SOTG, SOTP (p=program).  Watch him continue to grow.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2016, 01:10:10 PM »
If its luke we at least need a pic with his chinstrap beard and new haircut.

Need the double mint twins in the photo :P
Goal is National Championship

MU82

• All American
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2016, 01:57:29 PM »

I'd have chosen JJJ but I have zero problem with the choice being Luke (and I know you're relieved about that). I'll take another 30 or so just like that from da boata our senior leaders!!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2016, 01:58:49 PM »
I'd have chosen JJJ but I have zero problem with the choice being Luke (and I know you're relieved about that). I'll take another 30 or so just like that from da boata our senior leaders!!

Yeah, let's argue something like 25 or 27 times about the stud!  All good.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2016, 02:01:27 PM »

Except that I was also there and picked Luke. Both were excellent, really a matter of opinion who was better.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

UticaBusBarn

• Team Captain
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2016, 02:03:26 PM »

Rocky, over the years, I have rarely disagreed with your STOG selection. However, I believed you missed high and wide on this one. If JJJ is not the stud, then I ask what more does one have to do to be chosen?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2016, 02:09:02 PM »
Rocky, over the years, I have rarely disagreed with your STOG selection. However, I believed you missed high and wide on this one. If JJJ is not the stud, then I ask what more does one have to do to be chosen?

Make free throws?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2016, 02:17:47 PM »
Make free throws?
FT's don't matter ask JB......
Goal is National Championship

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2016, 03:11:40 PM »

7 rebounds, and 3 blocks.

UticaBusBarn

• Team Captain
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2016, 10:38:08 AM »
7 rebounds, and 3 blocks.

Rocky, not to belabour the point, but 6 steals, 4 rebounds, KPom, etc. Most importantly, JJJ gave the Warriors serious "juice' in the second half. Your call, obviously, and I have no problem respecting it; but ...  ;)