collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:41:27 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: World Serious Thread  (Read 18231 times)

real chili 83

• All American
Re: World Serious Thread
« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2016, 08:20:22 PM »
The Cubs-Cardinals are a great rivalry.  The history and proximity are a big part of it.  It's the football equivalent of Bears-Packers.  Tons of history, proximity, etc.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2016, 10:01:49 PM »
Is there a way to stream the Cubs radio broadcast?  The WSCR ap does not seem to allow it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2016, 10:45:59 PM »
The Cubs-Cardinals are a great rivalry.  The history and proximity are a big part of it.  It's the football equivalent of Bears-Packers.  Tons of history, proximity, etc.

A good example.  And as a Packers fan, I don't consider the Bears-Packers rivalry to be the best in football.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2016, 11:08:06 PM »
That's more like it. Step on their throats next time.

Mike Montgomery is going to be another very underrated trade (and I hope Vogelbach rakes in Seattle).

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2016, 11:10:34 PM »
Is there a way to stream the Cubs radio broadcast?  The WSCR ap does not seem to allow it.
I paid $2.99 for the MLB app for one month.  I've listened to the Cubs broadcast for the last 5-6 games using my phone and Bluetooth speaker. 

Turned out to be essential for the last two because the local stations on TWC have been almost completely pixelated.  When games were on FS1, the picture and sound were crystal clear.  On Fox, nearly unwatchable.

It's ok. It isn't like I've been waiting for 41 years to see these games...I'm fine waiting until Friday evening for TWC to have someone come out and tell me there is nothing wrong on their end.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #105 on: October 27, 2016, 12:04:52 AM »
I paid $2.99 for the MLB app for one month.  I've listened to the Cubs broadcast for the last 5-6 games using my phone and Bluetooth speaker. 

Turned out to be essential for the last two because the local stations on TWC have been almost completely pixelated.  When games were on FS1, the picture and sound were crystal clear.  On Fox, nearly unwatchable.

It's ok. It isn't like I've been waiting for 41 years to see these games...I'm fine waiting until Friday evening for TWC to have someone come out and tell me there is nothing wrong on their end.

Take your box into a TWC store. Had the same problem the past week, took the box in today, and they gave a brand new box and now the system seems to have been upgraded (guide screen and info screen look different). The quality is perfect now.

Also they're streaming the games on SI.com for free.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #106 on: October 27, 2016, 07:49:36 AM »
What, the White Sox don't count?

Edit:  I didn't yet see all other people point this out when I posted. 

MUFIC ad I live in the battleground area of the Red Sox-Yankees rivalry (which is roughly around New Haven).  Hard for us to think any rivalry is bigger than Sox-Yanks.  Truth be told, it isn't now what it was from 95-2009 or so.

CT Warrior - I think the rivalry will have some juice next season.  The Red Sox should be just as good and the young Yankees should be just as entertaining as the second half of this season.  That September series when the Yankees were on a role and then headed to Boston only to be swept had me cursing at the Sox for the first time in awhile.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2016, 08:55:56 AM »
A good example.  And as a Packers fan, I don't consider the Bears-Packers rivalry to be the best in football.

But surely it is top 3. That's what has been said about Cubs-Cards.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #108 on: October 27, 2016, 08:56:41 AM »
But surely it is top 3. That's what has been said about Cubs-Cards.

No argument there.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #109 on: November 02, 2016, 06:57:28 PM »
Game time.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #110 on: November 02, 2016, 07:04:24 PM »
Holy effin chit

real chili 83

• All American