collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Tip-Off Count Down  (Read 8030 times)

Desert_Eagle

• Starter
Tip-Off Count Down
« on: January 10, 2007, 05:54:54 PM »
Love the tip-off count down that you guys have on the board for each game, but it is always off by an hour. Just thought I'd let you guys know if you weren't already aware.
"Marquette is bigger than any one person. Marquette is Marquette."

Sir Lawrence

• All American
Re: Tip-Off Count Down
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 05:57:16 PM »
?  It's set to CST.  Works for us in Smallwaukee.
Ludum habemus.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 09:30:51 PM »
Yup, it's only correct for Central time.  I've looked at other options, but for now if you're in another time zone, you'll have to compensate manually (that includes myself in CO). 

The technical details: It's based off your computer's clock, and there's no way to determine which time zone you're in - so it's always just aiming for a "target" time  which is + or - an hour or so depending on where you live, but is static on the script.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 06:44:26 PM »
Ok - I think I fixed the underlying code to take your locally set timezone into account.  The countdown ticker should now reflect the actual time between now and the game.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 10:06:25 AM »
Ok - I think I fixed the underlying code to take your locally set timezone into account.  The countdown ticker should now reflect the actual time between now and the game.
You are the man - it seems to work for the Eastern time zone.  Thanks for fixing that.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

feedback