collapse

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by JTJ3
[Today at 06:20:57 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:49:54 PM]

Banquet by rocky_warrior
[Today at 04:25:47 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Marlins ace killed in boating incident  (Read 1076 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Marlins ace killed in boating incident
« on: September 25, 2016, 08:36:34 AM »
I haven't been much of a fan of baseball for the past couple years, but this is a tragedy in the world of sports...24 year old with his whole career in front of him...sad...prayers to the family and friends

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/17632541/miami-marlins-ace-jose-fernandez-dies-boating-accident
don't...don't don't don't don't

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Marlins ace killed in boating incident
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 09:01:49 AM »
I haven't been much of a fan of baseball for the past couple years, but this is a tragedy in the world of sports...24 year old with his whole career in front of him...sad...prayers to the family and friends

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/17632541/miami-marlins-ace-jose-fernandez-dies-boating-accident

Just announced his girlfriend is pregnant this week too.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 10:12:28 AM »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 03:18:45 PM »
That gif is amazing.  The other two that stand out, though I can't find them right now are last month where he got BUCKLED swinging at a massive curve, and he's on one knee just laughing and smiling while complimenting the pitcher.  And then in the midst of a "skirmish" probably because he didn't follow the stodgy old rules of baseball, he's in the middle laughing as people are freaking out all around him.

He's going to be missed.  This is one of those "what could have been..." stories that we will talk about 25 years from now.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 03:28:26 PM »
That gif is amazing.  The other two that stand out, though I can't find them right now are last month where he got BUCKLED swinging at a massive curve, and he's on one knee just laughing and smiling while complimenting the pitcher.  And then in the midst of a "skirmish" probably because he didn't follow the stodgy old rules of baseball, he's in the middle laughing as people are freaking out all around him.

He's going to be missed.  This is one of those "what could have been..." stories that we will talk about 25 years from now.

On the first thing you're talking about you can see him saying, "WHAT WAS THAT?!" before the ball is even in the catcher's glove.  It looked like it was a slider that he expected to curve down into the zone but stayed up at the letters.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 11:02:35 PM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter