[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: First Female Rangers  (Read 11217 times)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Re: First Female Rangers
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2015, 01:25:05 PM »
Having never gone through either program I can't even begin to make an argument either way so I will take the road never traveled on the internet and not comment on things I know nothing about  ;D  Though I do believe BUD/S is a 24 week course

The total training cycle time is actually the about the same. The Ranger course includes members of all four services, including SEALs-in-training who are there for the small unit tactical proficiency instruction, so grads earn their tab then go on for specialized mission-specific combat training.

BUDS, unlike the other services, has a very heavy dose of playing in water which makes sense they are Navy.

The TACP 1C4 syllabus breaks out as follows:

TACP Indoc Course                              1 Week        Lackland AFB
Special Tactics Advanced Skills          12 Weeks      Hurlburt Field
SAR/SERE                                            3 Weeks      Fairchild AFB
Ranger Course                                      8 Weeks     Ft Benning
Basic Airborne Course                          3 Weeks      Ft Benning
JTAC Qual Course                                 4 Weeks      Nellis AFB

Once SEALs get their Trident they go on and do 2 weeks of SAR/SERE at Warner Springs or Brunswick then go to jump school so their total training cycle comes out to 31 weeks.

It's not that people hate SEALs but they are prima donnas. SEALs are Patton to TACPs Omar Bradley. You gotta give the Navy credit - You guys had Top Gun and we had Iron Eagle...

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2015, 01:32:02 PM »
I see that Kris Griest has already been added to my kids high school Wikipedia page under Famous Alumni .

Nutmeg

Here is a Sit Rep from one of Griest's Ranger classmates. He shatters the scuttlebutt that the women had relaxed standards.

http://sofrep.com/42761/really-happened-women-ranger-school-class-06-15/

Death on call

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2015, 04:07:09 PM »
The total training cycle time is actually the about the same. The Ranger course includes members of all four services, including SEALs-in-training who are there for the small unit tactical proficiency instruction, so grads earn their tab then go on for specialized mission-specific combat training.

BUDS, unlike the other services, has a very heavy dose of playing in water which makes sense they are Navy.

The TACP 1C4 syllabus breaks out as follows:

TACP Indoc Course                              1 Week        Lackland AFB
Special Tactics Advanced Skills          12 Weeks      Hurlburt Field
SAR/SERE                                            3 Weeks      Fairchild AFB
Ranger Course                                      8 Weeks     Ft Benning
Basic Airborne Course                          3 Weeks      Ft Benning
JTAC Qual Course                                 4 Weeks      Nellis AFB

Once SEALs get their Trident they go on and do 2 weeks of SAR/SERE at Warner Springs or Brunswick then go to jump school so their total training cycle comes out to 31 weeks.

It's not that people hate SEALs but they are prima donnas. SEALs are Patton to TACPs Omar Bradley. You gotta give the Navy credit - You guys had Top Gun and we had Iron Eagle...

First I'm always, always preferred Iron Eagle to Top Gun, music was better and fewer scenes that made me question my sexuality.

Second, the Navy has always, always been very good at PR, its seemingly their 2nd operating philosophy...ya know the first being, being awesome.

Having met a lot of SEALs either through my dad and/or being in the same sphere I would whole heartedly agree with the prima donna statement.  Don't get me wrong, they're amazing warriors, but they aren't the exponential difference they make it  out to be.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2015, 04:37:28 PM »
First I'm always, always preferred Iron Eagle to Top Gun, music was better and fewer scenes that made me question my sexuality.

Second, the Navy has always, always been very good at PR, its seemingly their 2nd operating philosophy...ya know the first being, being awesome.

Having met a lot of SEALs either through my dad and/or being in the same sphere I would whole heartedly agree with the prima donna statement.  Don't get me wrong, they're amazing warriors, but they aren't the exponential difference they make it  out to be.

SEALs are bad ass. Beyond any shadow of a doubt. They just need to stop telling everyone how much better they are.

I will say this: the Navy and Marine Corps have sh1t hot uniforms. The modern Air Force? Not so much unless you are planning on a career as a Culligan Man.

Death on call

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2015, 04:49:09 PM »
I will say this: the Navy and Marine Corps have sh1t hot uniforms. The modern Air Force? Not so much unless you are planning on a career as a Culligan Man.

I'll say this, the Navy uniform runs the gambit from the best to the worst whereas the Air Force is just plain below average across the board.

The Class A uniform(navy blue suit essentially) is just a great look and will turn heads every time.....on the other hand the dress whites or the summer whites are just the worst, wings of gold help offset but not much can overcome that.

I really think the Air Force needs to go back to the Air Corp uniform, I thought those were sharp and retro is in man.  Even the tan with blue cover of the post-WWII pre-Vietnam era would be better.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2015, 01:07:48 AM »
Exactly. In the post about those American heroes who subdued that guy on the train in France -- http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=48384.0;all --  Chicos' reaction was:

"You watch, the marines will get in trouble for doing this somehow."

He can't help himself. He loves to argue, and if nobody is arguing, he'll start the argument so that others will feel compelled to argue. He loves his own voice.

Yiddish talkers would call him a classic "nudnik."

Because our gov't has crapcanned many heroes in the past for acts of heroism.  Examples were provided.  The "OVERDOG" at its finest, crapping on fine US men and women soldiers.  It wasn't a political statement, it was a statement of reality.  Again, examples were provided.  Keep cheering on that ultimate Overdog

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2015, 01:14:16 AM »
Jesus...keep repeating yourself. Fire department physical exams are a joke. How are you comparing the two?

I'm not comparing the two in terms of what is involved.  I'm saying the standards should be equal to pass them regardless of gender.  Female FF should have the same test parameters as male FF applicants.  Exactly what they did for the Rangers....gender should not matter.  They got it right, why can't some FF departments?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2015, 01:18:43 AM »
In what world did fire departments lower their entrance standards?    Must be a California thing.   On my department, everyone has to pass the same agility test in the same time frame.    It is basically pass/fail, so the great athletes completing it in 6:30 count the same as someone who finishes in 9:59.   
  My department dinked around with different tests, in 1988 having  white male, non-white male, and female lists, in 1990 having a male (any color) and female list.   Those got tossed by 1991.    Since 1991, there has been one list.   
   Roughly 1200 people take the test every time.    To get to the agility test, you have to finish basically in the top 60.     If you do the agility test in under 10:00, you move onto the interviews and background checks.   If you are in the top 15, you go through a 16 week class.   Then you are put on the streets, getting monthly progress reports.   The city can fire you for any reason during your first year.   

PRN, I know better.

New York is just the latest    http://nypost.com/2015/05/03/woman-to-become-ny-firefighter-despite-failing-crucial-fitness-test/

cschor

• Walk-On
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2015, 01:56:15 PM »
Times change

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2015, 02:17:14 AM »
Don't know if it is true.  Guess the investigation will shed some additional light.  Hope it isn't true

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/254579-lawmaker-probing-whether-female-army-rangers-received-special-treatment

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2015, 03:58:22 AM »
I am going to post the comments, printed in the Washington Post, of the RTB XO who addressed this bullsh1t last month.

If the RTB XO states that the RIs trained Ranger then no student was cut any slack. I outlined the evaluation process above; it would be impossible for anyone to get through without the concurrence of the RI cadre and their fellow trainees.

The Ranger schoolhouse trains small unit combat leaders from all four services. There is one standard and the entire curriculum is built on one core value: integrity.

Why you want to tarnish the accomplishment of anyone who earned their tab is beyond me.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2015/08/20/ranger-school-officer-combats-rumors-about-how-women-passed-in-pointed-facebook-post/

Death on call

tower912

• All American
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2015, 05:11:29 AM »
Everybody knows why, keefe. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2015, 09:50:29 PM »
I am going to post the comments, printed in the Washington Post, of the RTB XO who addressed this bullsh1t last month.

If the RTB XO states that the RIs trained Ranger then no student was cut any slack. I outlined the evaluation process above; it would be impossible for anyone to get through without the concurrence of the RI cadre and their fellow trainees.

The Ranger schoolhouse trains small unit combat leaders from all four services. There is one standard and the entire curriculum is built on one core value: integrity.

Why you want to tarnish the accomplishment of anyone who earned their tab is beyond me.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2015/08/20/ranger-school-officer-combats-rumors-about-how-women-passed-in-pointed-facebook-post/

I don't know if this was addressed to me, but I think Tower thinks it was.   I would like to see this all cleared up so there isn't any tarnishment of any kind. 

As stated, hope it isn't true.  I don't want the military to do what some fire departments did. 

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2016, 08:25:51 AM »
On Monday, my daughter came home excited after the first day of school.  Kris Griest gave the inspirational speech to her high school to kick-off the school year.  She said she spoke of the perseverance needed to get through the gruesome Ranger training that she went through and then recalled her days as a student in the same high school she was speaking at.  Color my daughter very impressed.

My kid's principal spoke herself last year as she was an Olympian in Athens 2004 representing the USA in the women's hammer throw.       

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2016, 08:49:59 AM »
On Monday, my daughter came home excited after the first day of school.  Kris Griest gave the inspirational speech to her high school to kick-off the school year.  She said she spoke of the perseverance needed to get through the gruesome Ranger training that she went through and then recalled her days as a student in the same high school she was speaking at.  Color my daughter very impressed.

My kid's principal spoke herself last year as she was an Olympian in Athens 2004 representing the USA in the women's hammer throw.     

And this is why it's important to get women and other minorities into these types of positions (after having met the same standard as everyone else of course) so that they can present as positive roll models for the youth. Once someone sees it's possible, more often then not you'll see a lot more people able to do it (call it the Roger Bannister corollary). Broadening the people who will/can strive for this type of achievement ensures we get the highest caliber folks in these types of things.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2016, 10:43:49 AM »
My daughter kept repeating, "Dad, for the first two weeks of the training she only got 2 hours of sleep a night and 2 sort-of meals a day."