[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 3 doors down guitarist found dead  (Read 4326 times)

forgetful

• All American
Re: 3 doors down guitarist found dead
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2016, 12:17:53 AM »
The correlation of addiction and musicians is interesting indeed.  How many jobs out there allow one to drink and drug while you work?  In fact, it's almost expected, or taken for granted.  Is it a character flaw? Is it trying to replace or cover up some inherent weaknesses?  Does it lend to an enhanced creativity?  I think the same might apply to all walks of life, but the musician, many times gets a pass until the behavior becomes destructive.  The life and lifestyles of musicians seem to foster the drink and drug atmosphere until it stops making money

I guess we can also realize correlations with musicians and the rest of the populace as well, but the arts tend to have a little more tolerance toward it, imho, of course.

Wait, don't dentists sample the laughing gas too.  Isn't that why they went into that profession.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2016, 08:19:47 AM »
Never in my life have I met someone that labels themselves a 3 Doors Down fan. Learn something new every day.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2016, 01:11:10 PM »
Wait, don't dentists sample the laughing gas too.  Isn't that why they went into that profession.

The only times I've had nitrous oxide is once in school to show each other how it works and how to administer it.  The other was when my dad was doing a small cavity.  I'm sure some do "sample" it, but how many "samples" is one allowed before it's considered abuse/breaking the law?  We had a dude who a dentist and the alcohol and drug liaison to us students.  So if any issues would come up and you needed to talk to someone about yourself and concerned that you may be developing a substance abuse issue(s) you would seek him out.  Or if he noticed a pattern in your Daily interactions, multiple absenteeism , etc, then he would intervene a little

One minor detail-that dentist who was our quasi AODA dude...overdosed,on nitrous and other cocktails of drugs.  He knew how to disconnect the safety oxygen flow needed to dispense the nitrous.  When you run out of oxygen, your nitrous stops flowing regardless,if ya had a whole tanker full.  Well he knew how to bypass that and probably suffocated himself
don't...don't don't don't don't

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2016, 01:19:37 PM »

The only times I've had nitrous oxide is once in school to show each other how it works and how to administer it.  The other was when my dad was doing a small cavity.

Gosh... I hope your dad was a dentist, too.

I'm wondering how many electricians would admit that the primary inspiration for their career was watching their own father electrocute himself.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2016, 11:18:28 PM »

The only times I've had nitrous oxide is once in school to show each other how it works and how to administer it.  The other was when my dad was doing a small cavity.  I'm sure some do "sample" it, but how many "samples" is one allowed before it's considered abuse/breaking the law?  We had a dude who a dentist and the alcohol and drug liaison to us students.  So if any issues would come up and you needed to talk to someone about yourself and concerned that you may be developing a substance abuse issue(s) you would seek him out.  Or if he noticed a pattern in your Daily interactions, multiple absenteeism , etc, then he would intervene a little

One minor detail-that dentist who was our quasi AODA dude...overdosed,on nitrous and other cocktails of drugs.  He knew how to disconnect the safety oxygen flow needed to dispense the nitrous.  When you run out of oxygen, your nitrous stops flowing regardless,if ya had a whole tanker full.  Well he knew how to bypass that and probably suffocated himself

Honestly, I was just joking....although there is a correlation between drug abuse and suicide as well as suicide and being a dentist.  By the transitive property that means all Dentists abuse drugs right???  I logic good.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2016, 12:45:20 AM »
Honestly, I was just joking....although there is a correlation between drug abuse and suicide as well as suicide and being a dentist.  By the transitive property that means all Dentists abuse drugs right???  I logic good.

Yes my dad was a dentist..or at least I think he was
don't...don't don't don't don't

feedback