[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: the Al tomorrow  (Read 6208 times)

muwarrior87

• All American
the Al tomorrow
« on: December 26, 2007, 11:35:22 PM »
Who's all going to the Al to catch the h.s. games? see Nick Williams and some others in action!

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: the Al tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 11:43:39 PM »
Time?

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 11:46:20 PM »
http://wissports.net/sports/hoopsb/article.asp?nid=14617

here's the schedule, all day long starting at 8:30

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 12:13:25 AM »
I think I might head over to see Nick Williams at 6:30.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 12:18:40 AM »
I think I might head over to see Nick Williams at 6:30.
I'll hopefully be there.  Hopefully they have him match up on Korie Lucious...I was in a class with him last year and he sat on his Sidekick every single class the whole class and got away with anything.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 12:42:04 AM »
I'll be there for the second half of the Vincent game, the Leflore game, and the Racine Horlick game. Hopefully I'll make it to the Leflore game Friday as well.

Nick Williams and Jamil Wilson in back-to-back games. Should be fun to watch.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 08:35:23 AM »
Is there anyone else I should know about who is playing besides Nick Williams and Jamil Wilson?

jage

• Walk-On
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 09:26:13 AM »
Is there anyone else I should know about who is playing besides Nick Williams and Jamil Wilson?

korie lucious (pius--committed to mich st.), flavien davis (wis. lutheran)...the linked article highlights the main attractions of each team. should be a good show.
You know what pressure is? It's when the cheerleaders are jumping and you don't notice their breasts. - Al McGuire

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 11:21:28 AM »
I was there this morning for the second half of the first game and the first half of the St. Bernard's vs Madison East game.  St. Bernard's has a pretty good guard and there are a couple guys on ME that are pretty solid from what I saw.  Crean and a few other coaches were watching the St. Bernard's and MadEast game along with Trevor and Scott.  I'm guessing they'll be around most of the day and if we want to get a feel for who specifically Tom is looking at that we may not already know about, I'm sure we could find out.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 11:26:44 AM »
Madison East has Marquis Mason, a guard from the class of 2010 that already has an offer from MU, and is being heavily recruited to play football for UW. 

St. Bernards has a junior, Jordaire Jett, who is more of a mid-major prospect right now, but his stock has been improving lately.  I don't think MU's involved yet, but he was hearing from SLU and some others.

The Man in Gold

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007, 02:33:43 PM »
It looks like Time Warner Sports will be broadcasting 2 of the Friday games live. 

5:00 p.m. – Milwaukee Vincent vs. Mobile, Alabama, LeFlore
6:30 p.m. – Whitefish Bay Dominican vs. Milwaukee Pius XI

Unfortunately I will be back in KC by then.  Anyone know if there is internet video of TWS out there?  (I highly doubt it but figured I would ask)  I'd love to see Nick Williams in action.
Captain, We need more sweatervests!  TheManInGold has been blinded by the light (off the technicolor sweatervest)

wheresthecake?

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2007, 07:30:05 PM »
Also, Tyshawn Taylor's St. Anthony team can be seen at 4:30 tomorrow, and Saturday at 4:30 if they win.  If they lose they'll play at 1:30 on Saturday.  All games are being broadcast on the Versus network.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2007, 10:37:15 PM »
Just got back from the AL.  Nick Williams looked great but his teammate Demarcus Cousins had one of the most amazing plays I have seen in high school, college, or the NBA!  It looked like an And-1 mix tape!

Was Cousins the teammate Williams was trying to talk into coming to Marquette?

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2007, 10:41:17 PM »
no, he's going to UAB then probably straight to the NBA after one year. It was J. Green...from William's AAU team.

tomcrean4pres

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2007, 10:58:53 PM »
Cousins isn't committed to UAB yet... but i sure don't think he is going to come to MU... I don't understand why he would go to UAB for 1 year?!?! wouldn't you want to go somewhere where you could make an impact and win a title or something?
***Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid. ***

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2007, 11:06:02 PM »
90% guarantee it's UAB or Bama. Close to home, will not have to try especially hard in classes, and at UAB, he'd be the go to guy and would be able to rack up major stats.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2007, 11:27:20 PM »
Cousins isn't committed to UAB yet... but i sure don't think he is going to come to MU... I don't understand why he would go to UAB for 1 year?!?! wouldn't you want to go somewhere where you could make an impact and win a title or something?

Mike Davis may be a terrible game coach, but he's a great recruiter and kids love him.  He got a lot of Bobby Knights talent at the end of his time at IU and got a lot of top kids to come to IU when he was coach.  Some liked him so much that they followed him to UAB, Robert Vaden did transfer, and DJ White would have transferred if he didn't have to sit out a year.  Recruits just really seem to gravitate to him.

Plus, look at Cousins list of schools.  There are other top schools, but he's not really looking outside of the south.  UAB, Alabama, Florida, Louisville, Memphis, UNC, Florida etc.  He's not looking to go too far from home even if it is a top program.

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2007, 10:01:09 AM »
Just got back from the AL.  Nick Williams looked great but his teammate Demarcus Cousins had one of the most amazing plays I have seen in high school, college, or the NBA!  It looked like an And-1 mix tape!

i was at the game as well last night and have to say it was a nice play by Cousins, but i wouldn't claim it as one of the most amazing plays.  plus i was not overall impressed with cousins.  i see him similar to an eddy curry.  all he does is use his height to his advantage in high school (which is fine), but will get eaten alive in college or the pros, because of all the other aspects.  he is 6'11" and the kid guarding him last night was 6'5" and pushing cousins around.  his mid range shot is not there and his work ethic is pathetic.  the kid wouldn't run the court to save his sole.  there were multiple times he wouldn't even be on the blocks for a free throw so that he didn't have to run back, ala shaq nowadays.  this kid is 17 and plays like a 16 year veteran in the pros.  he is slow and lazy.  he would for sure be a crean transfer if he came to Marquette.  i don't see him ever wanting to run the court.
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2007, 11:01:16 AM »
that whole team has a terrible work ethic it seems like and have very little discipline on the court.  They're so highly ranked nationally because they are all extremely gifted athletes and many will play in college somewhere.

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2007, 03:52:40 PM »
Agreed on Cousins MU Gimp, while I will say that move and play was impressive no doubt, would be interesting to see the kid actually play.  Started the game, played like 3 minutes and then had to come out b/c he was sooo out of shape.  He was legitimately the slowest player I have ever seen.  Could not establish position despite a huge size advantage as mentioned and had a huge ATTITUDE/EGO.  Next team came on to court to warmup following there game and he walked through the middle of them and stared at them like they should get out of his way.

MUCrisco

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2007, 05:20:03 PM »

i was at the game as well last night and have to say it was a nice play by Cousins, but i wouldn't claim it as one of the most amazing plays.  plus i was not overall impressed with cousins.  i see him similar to an eddy curry.  all he does is use his height to his advantage in high school (which is fine), but will get eaten alive in college or the pros, because of all the other aspects.  he is 6'11" and the kid guarding him last night was 6'5" and pushing cousins around.  his mid range shot is not there and his work ethic is pathetic.  the kid wouldn't run the court to save his sole.  there were multiple times he wouldn't even be on the blocks for a free throw so that he didn't have to run back, ala shaq nowadays.  this kid is 17 and plays like a 16 year veteran in the pros.  he is slow and lazy.  he would for sure be a crean transfer if he came to Marquette.  i don't see him ever wanting to run the court.

Laflore was pressing after made FT's.  When that happens, you don't want your big man on the blocks, but you place him in the back as a safety.

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2007, 11:11:02 AM »

Laflore was pressing after made FT's.  When that happens, you don't want your big man on the blocks, but you place him in the back as a safety.

thanks Dr. Naismith, i mean Mucrisco for that tutorial in basketball.  please leave the coaching tips to murf... anyways, as i said before he was the laziest player on the floor and there were times when they were not pressing, but he wouldn't go low.  also he wouldn't take the ball out after made baskets because he would be the last up the floor.  the couple times he did take the ball out after a made basket, he wouldn't make an attempt to even cross the half court line.  he would just hope his team took a shot within the first 5 seconds, which usually happened.
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2007, 11:45:25 AM »
Well Cousins might be lazy, might slow, might be out of shape but I would take him in a second if he wanted to come here.  Great size, good ball handling skills for a big his size and looked like he could shoot free throws.  Nick Williams got the team back into the game but Cousins seemed like the go to guy at the end of the game and was making an impact.  He could be a monster at the next level.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2007, 05:55:31 PM »
He also could take the route of Caracter at Louisville. His ego is too big for his own good from the two games I saw him play.  He acts like he's God's gift to earth, and while I'm not saying we may or may not already have players like that, we don't need that kind of kid in the locker room. If he matures between now and when he enters college, then I might change my tune but from what I've seen, he wouldn't really mesh well with the team attitude and I don't know if he would work hard enough to get in shape to play for a team like ours.

Rockmic87

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2007, 11:29:15 AM »
My thoughts after the games:

1. Korie Lucious is in his own world, and has his own ego. The kid was doing his own thing in pre-game warm-ups, and took every shoot for Pius, missing about 2/3 of them. Yea, he looks good when he hits his jump shots, but he looked sooo lazy on the court.

2. Kwamaine Mitchell needs to score first, then Pass first. He could have done the same thing as korie, but insteads he opts to get his team involves.

3. Shavon Scott is a true competitor. This guy can flat out play and win! Where's he goin next year?

4. Cousins reminds me of Rufus King Mitchell Carter a few years back.

5. Nick Williams look legit.

6. Korie going to have to hits the weights hard if he  wants to succeed at the next level. Its not goin to be a picnic walk at MSU.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2007, 01:49:20 PM »
I thought Mitchell looked really good. While he didn't have the points that Lucious or some of the other team leaders had, he was definitely a leader on that Dominican team.  Great intensity and made some great passes to teammates for easy buckets.

tomcrean4pres

• Starter
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2007, 11:15:59 PM »
anyone know which college coaches were on had at the AL if any?
***Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid. ***