collapse

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Butler to T-Wolves?  (Read 14205 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: Butler to T-Wolves?
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2016, 02:26:37 PM »
Today is an amazing day. I cannot even start to explain how happy I am to be wrong.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2016, 02:33:27 PM »
But I'm just Skip Bayless and hate all things Chicago sports and Derrick Rose and Jay Cutler have done some incredible things for Chicago sports...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2016, 02:34:51 PM »
Doesn't matter.  Dump him and let the stench clear.  I'll bet the Knicks or someone would take him.

Quoting myself from 8 days ago....the Knicks?  BAM!
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2016, 02:35:42 PM »
This is more than I thought they'd get for him.  Two serviceable vets to play a role and a young PG.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2016, 02:35:52 PM »
But I'm just Skip Bayless and hate all things Chicago sports and Derrick Rose and Jay Cutler have done some incredible things for Chicago sports...

You're not?

Quoting myself from 8 days ago....the Knicks?  BAM!

Well fricking done.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2016, 02:41:41 PM »
Does the Lopez acquisition close the door on what already seemed like an unlikely return for Noah?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2016, 02:47:41 PM »
Does the Lopez acquisition close the door on what already seemed like an unlikely return for Noah?

Pretty much my thought. They're blowing the old roster up!

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2016, 02:51:21 PM »
Man, Bulls fans are the worst. Everyone on my facebook is bitching that Rose is gone and that Noah is the next one out. Do they not understand what the Cubs literally just did to become the best team in the majors?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2016, 04:03:53 PM »
Man, Bulls fans are the worst. Everyone on my facebook is bitching that Rose is gone and that Noah is the next one out. Do they not understand what the Cubs literally just did to become the best team in the majors?

Not just that, but complaining that they sent him away for nothing.  Don't get me wrong, GarPax is a disaster right now, but this was a swindle.  Nobody wanted Rose really.  Shell of himself, terrible contract, and created friction.  Not only did they move him before the season, they got a good C on a VERY favorable deal as well as a solid talent at guard in Jerian Grant who is young and could grow into a really nice player.  Excellent trade IMO.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2016, 04:04:38 PM »
If I'm the Bulls, I'm trading Butler immediately. It's much easier to trade Butler now that Rose is dealt.

I doubt Boston would do it, but my offer would be Butler & 11, for Bradley, Zeller, Young, 3, and Brooklyn's 1 next year.

If I'm the Bulls, that'd give me a chance to bottom out, and have 2 high picks in the loaded 2017 draft. I'd be PG heavy in 2016 with Calderon, Grant, Bradley, but whatever. Lopez is a steal with his contract, and at 3 this year, I can get Chriss or Murray. Next year, a chance at Giles and Josh Jackson. I'd also have a ton of cap room in 2017. Sign me up for that plan.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2016, 04:12:51 PM »
Not just that, but complaining that they sent him away for nothing.  Don't get me wrong, GarPax is a disaster right now, but this was a swindle.  Nobody wanted Rose really.  Shell of himself, terrible contract, and created friction.  Not only did they move him before the season, they got a good C on a VERY favorable deal as well as a solid talent at guard in Jerian Grant who is young and could grow into a really nice player.  Excellent trade IMO.

+1

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2016, 04:16:54 PM »
Lost on no one is that the day hometown hero LeBron enjoys a parade another hometown hero is given a bus ticket out of town.   ;D

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2016, 04:19:36 PM »

Agreed.
Some people just don't want to recognize how bad Rose has been since 2012.
His value over replacement player was -0.7 last season, tied with Tony Snell for worst on the team. He's a shell of his former self who consistently hurt the team with poor shot selection and decision making.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2016, 04:24:43 PM »
If I'm the Bulls, I'm trading Butler immediately. It's much easier to trade Butler now that Rose is dealt.

I doubt Boston would do it, but my offer would be Butler & 11, for Bradley, Zeller, Young, 3, and Brooklyn's 1 next year.

If I'm the Bulls, that'd give me a chance to bottom out, and have 2 high picks in the loaded 2017 draft. I'd be PG heavy in 2016 with Calderon, Grant, Bradley, but whatever. Lopez is a steal with his contract, and at 3 this year, I can get Chriss or Murray. Next year, a chance at Giles and Josh Jackson. I'd also have a ton of cap room in 2017. Sign me up for that plan.

I assume the Brooklyn pick is unprotected?  Even if it is I'm not sure I do that.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2016, 08:26:12 PM »
Everything said, Knicks could be good if Rose decides to play for a max contract.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2016, 09:52:04 PM »
Everything said, Knicks could be good if Rose decides to play for a max contract.

True, I guess, I just don't believe he has that level of play in him anymore.  If he does, man, that would actually be infuriating. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #91 on: June 22, 2016, 10:47:49 PM »
If only the Brewers would pull this off with Braun...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2016, 11:03:01 PM »

...and steps into a DeLaurean and gets out at 2011.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2016, 08:41:58 AM »

Rose has a $185M deal with Adidas. Assuming Reggie hasn't spent that money already, I'm not sure Derrick is going to put his body on the line for 82 games to go for a max deal. I'm also not sure he understands that he'd need to do that in order to get a max deal.

Latest rumor: Miami is attempting to acquire Butler. Dragic, Wade, Butler, Bosh (if he can play) and Whiteside, with Deng and Winslow off the bench. That's a pretty good team.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 08:45:22 AM by MerrittsMustache »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2016, 09:06:01 AM »
Rose has a $185M deal with Adidas. Assuming Reggie hasn't spent that money already, I'm not sure Derrick is going to put his body on the line for 82 games to go for a max deal. I'm also not sure he understands that he'd need to do that in order to get a max deal.

Latest rumor: Miami is attempting to acquire Butler. Dragic, Wade, Butler, Bosh (if he can play) and Whiteside, with Deng and Winslow off the bench. That's a pretty good team.

Can't see how they'd be able to put together a package for Jimmy that doesn't include Winslow. Heck, even with Winslow, I can't imagine they could put together such a deal. They have no draft picks this year, no second in 2017 and no first in 2018.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2016, 09:11:19 AM »
Can't see how they'd be able to put together a package for Jimmy that doesn't include Winslow. Heck, even with Winslow, I can't imagine they could put together such a deal. They have no draft picks this year, no second in 2017 and no first in 2018.

Yeah.  And you're already paying Dragic and Bosh and you'd have to pay Deng, Wade and Whiteside, and then you'd be adding Butler's contract.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 09:13:38 AM by wadesworld »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2016, 09:15:38 AM »

Butler's contract isn't a poor one.  He is an all-star and a very good two-way NBA player.  The only way I trade him is if they think the relationship with Hoiberg is not salvageable. 

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2016, 09:16:01 AM »
Yeah.  And you're already paying Dragic and Bosh and you'd have to pay Deng, Wade and Whiteside, and then you'd be adding Butler's contract.

I heard something yesterday suggesting Whiteside might be going west.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2016, 10:29:01 AM »

Butler's contract isn't a poor one.  He is an all-star and a very good two-way NBA player.  The only way I trade him is if they think the relationship with Hoiberg is not salvageable.

Yes, it is a very good contract, and will be viewed even better in the new salary cap era.

You need superstars to win in the NBA, and I'd take a big gamble that by netting the Nets first rounder, and tanking 2016-17, I'd get two shots at high picks next year. Josh Jackson is going to be a superstar. If Giles stays healthy this year, he as well. It's a risk, but it also nets me the third overall pick tonight. I love Butler, he's very very close to being a superstar, but I'd take the risk here.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2016, 10:46:08 AM »

Good point on Winslow. He'd almost definitely have to be shipped out, although there's talk of a potential 3-team deal which would result in the Bulls getting picks from a third team.

feedback