Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wally  (Read 19161 times)

martyconlonontherun

• All American
Re: Wally
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2016, 03:42:15 PM »
The meet at Carroll College was an age group meet.  No "open" high Jump.  No Wally results listed.
http://entries.pttiming.com/system/results/files/16680/original/Saturday-Results.htm?1465673704

Is this the meet you're talking about.

Weird. Well he was there, jumped and looked disappointed after not getting over the bar. If he was the only one in his age group and didn't register any official jumps, maybe they don't record it? He jumped over one bar pretty easily, so not sure if that was just him warming up or an official attempt.

Most of the events only had 1-3 competitors. It was actually pretty funny watching 70 year old men "compete" in the 1500m.

Though, looking through the results, that may just be from Saturday since I don't see any adult listings.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2016, 04:43:52 PM »
Wally has been going to workouts with Hank, as he has been seen on various videos.

So flying around with Hank, trying to maybe be Olympic worthy, and still practice with mubb?

Yeah, I'm over the Ellensons now

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2016, 06:47:53 PM »
Wally has been going to workouts with Hank, as he has been seen on various videos.

So flying around with Hank, trying to maybe be Olympic worthy, and still practice with mubb?

Yeah, I'm over the Ellensons now

But he wouldn't be flying with hank if he was part of mubb.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2016, 09:19:17 PM »
But he wouldn't be flying with hank if he was part of mubb.

You sure about that? My train of thought is he wanted to be part of the Hank tour, and Woj said no.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2016, 09:26:01 PM »
You sure about that? My train of thought is he wanted to be part of the Hank tour, and Woj said no.

Wojo can still tell him what to do after he's been cut? That seems odd.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2016, 09:33:53 PM »
Wojo can still tell him what to do after he's been cut? That seems odd.

Woj said no, and he was then cut.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2016, 09:47:10 PM »
Woj said no, and he was then cut.

OK

🏀

• All American
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2016, 09:54:07 PM »
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 09:56:26 PM by PTM »

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2016, 10:45:55 PM »
http://m.journaltimes.com/sports/gery-woelfel-racine-in-running-for-bucks-d-league-team/article_cc801bfb-e734-5217-a8db-2134034b07c5.html

"Ellenson isn’t the only member of his family who has finished his athletic career at Marquette.

I’ve been told Wally Ellenson, Henry’s older brother, also is ready to relocate. Wally was a reserve forward for the Golden Eagles’ basketball team and is one of the elite high jumpers in the nation. Wally Ellenson was poised to make the U.S. Olympic Trials before suffering a hamstring injury.

The scuttlebutt is Wally Ellenson is looking to prolong his basketball career either in Europe or in the NBA’s Development League.
"
Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2016, 10:59:15 PM »
http://m.journaltimes.com/sports/gery-woelfel-racine-in-running-for-bucks-d-league-team/article_cc801bfb-e734-5217-a8db-2134034b07c5.html

"Ellenson isn’t the only member of his family who has finished his athletic career at Marquette.

I’ve been told Wally Ellenson, Henry’s older brother, also is ready to relocate. Wally was a reserve forward for the Golden Eagles’ basketball team and is one of the elite high jumpers in the nation. Wally Ellenson was poised to make the U.S. Olympic Trials before suffering a hamstring injury.

The scuttlebutt is Wally Ellenson is looking to prolong his basketball career either in Europe or in the NBA’s Development League.
"

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2016, 11:05:52 PM »
The only way Wally its to play in the D league or Europe is if an NBA or European team offers him a "Wojo" (a 2 for 1 with Henry).

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2016, 11:21:06 PM »
Wish him all the luck in the world, but I don't see Wally making a career as a pro basketball player. He wasn't much of a college basketball player. Now, a high-flying, dunking team mascot — that he could be awesome at.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2016, 12:29:05 AM »
I'd love to see Wally live his dream, but he'll be more likely to play in China than Europe or the D-League.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2016, 06:06:13 AM »
Hubris

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2016, 06:19:18 AM »
I'd love to see Wally live his dream, but he'll be more likely to play in China than Europe or the D-League.

China may be a bit more competitive than he's capable of, frankly. I don't think he's going to find what he's looking for, and being Henry's brother won't be worth anything anymore.

Sometimes a kid just needs to be told "no" or "you're not good enough"

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2016, 07:28:47 AM »
Wait a minute...wasn't Ners' last screen name Ners Ellenson -- it all comes together.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2016, 07:44:51 AM »

"

So Mr. Woeful thinks Diamond Stone will definitely go in the first round, perhaps as high as 11?  Glad to see that Gery's as pluged in as he never was.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

tompopsicle

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2016, 08:01:05 AM »
Wally could make it in Europe, albeit not on an elite first division team. I'm sure he could get a contract offer from a second division team in a smaller country.

I live in a smaller city in Spain, and there are DII athletes playing professionally here with a livable salary and a paid apartment and car. It's not lavish by any means, but it's certainly better than many of today's graduates and a decent living doing something you love.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2016, 08:05:58 AM »
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2016, 08:33:39 AM »
Guys it's Gary Woeful.

Anytime he makes a prediction about something, the opposite will occur.  For example.

http://journaltimes.com/sports/gery-woelfel-offseason-will-be-time-of-change-for-bucks/article_46fb08d9-a48b-52c1-aa8c-26f972c0722e.html

"I’ve also been told by people close to the Bucks’ situation that Kidd, once the golden boy of the organization, is now on shaky ground. His future with the franchise is clearly cloudy, especially from a coaching standpoint when some highly-regarded and vastly more experienced coaches than Kidd are available. Can you say Tom Thibodeau?"

Kidd signed a three year extension yesterday.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 09:16:12 AM by The Sultan of Sunshine »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2016, 09:14:51 AM »
So Mr. Woeful thinks Diamond Stone will definitely go in the first round, perhaps as high as 11?  Glad to see that Gery's as pluged in as he never was.

Not that I am coming to Mr. Woelfuls defense, but that is not exactly what he said.
Here is what he said:

"Coming off his freshman season at Maryland, Stone also is expected to be a first-round selection, although he’ll probably be selected in the mid-to-late first round. The Bucks don’t have a pick in that area at this time, but that isn’t preventing them from garnering more information on him as well.According to a source, Stone will work out for the Bucks in Milwaukee on June 20. Like Ellenson, Stone has had workouts with several teams, his latest one being with the Orlando Magic, who have the 11th pick."

I don't think his reporting on this specific issue is off the market. i
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2016, 09:17:53 AM »

So 'expected' = 'definitely'? And 'Stone has had workouts with several teams, his latest one being with the Orlando Magic, who have the 11th pick.' = 'as high as 11'? I think you are taking some liberities here. It says the Bucks are picking 10, but yet you didn't take that as him going number 10? I don't see how stating what teams a guy is working out with counts as a prediction. It was just a factual comment.

Coming off his freshman season at Maryland, Stone also is expected to be a first-round selection, although he’ll probably be selected in the mid-to-late first round. The Bucks don’t have a pick in that area at this time, but that isn’t preventing them from garnering more information on him as well.

According to a source, Stone will work out for the Bucks in Milwaukee on June 20. Like Ellenson, Stone has had workouts with several teams, his latest one being with the Orlando Magic, who have the 11th pick.

warriorOregon

• Walk-On
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2016, 10:20:51 AM »
Am I missing something?  Is he participating in Oregon this week?   If so, what has he done so far?

Would have enjoyed seeing him up here in Eugene performing.  Unfortunate that he had a down year.  The championships were incredible as always in Tracktown USA.  Bumped into Villanova's squad a few times around town.  Representing the Big East.  Oregon took second overall.  Go Ducks.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2016, 11:49:47 AM »
Guys it's Gary Woeful.

Anytime he makes a prediction about something, the opposite will occur.  For example.

http://journaltimes.com/sports/gery-woelfel-offseason-will-be-time-of-change-for-bucks/article_46fb08d9-a48b-52c1-aa8c-26f972c0722e.html

"I’ve also been told by people close to the Bucks’ situation that Kidd, once the golden boy of the organization, is now on shaky ground. His future with the franchise is clearly cloudy, especially from a coaching standpoint when some highly-regarded and vastly more experienced coaches than Kidd are available. Can you say Tom Thibodeau?"

Kidd signed a three year extension yesterday.

Thank you

Woeful (Awful) has rarely been right on anything.  In fact, Awful saying Wally is leaving is a reason to think he is staying.

Additionally, unless Wally has real hate for the track team, he is taking up a  full schollie, they are only allowed 12.6 total (that can give unlimited partial rides totaling 12.6 full rides).  If Wally is leaving, he can rescind his schollie and that frees up his money for late signers, or allow the team, to spread his money to other more financially strapped team-mates.

So if Wally is indeed leaving, he should give back his schollie so others can benefit from it and not be selfish.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 11:57:28 AM by Heisenberg »

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2016, 11:51:45 AM »
Would have enjoyed seeing him up here in Eugene performing.  Unfortunate that he had a down year.  The championships were incredible as always in Tracktown USA.  Bumped into Villanova's squad a few times around town.  Representing the Big East.  Oregon took second overall.  Go Ducks.

He competed in Eugene twice last year, NCAAs and the USATF championship (the non-Olympic year equivalent to the Olympic trials).