'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:41:27 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bo Ryan update.......  (Read 18844 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks

real chili 83

• All American
Re: Bo Ryan update.......
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 10:02:12 PM »
Bo may have to go through reseating.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 10:04:22 PM »
Unless they have proof that at UW official gave her name to a reporter, this isn't going anywhere.  A lot of people knew who she was.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 10:20:12 PM »
From what I have been told (and the guy who told me what I know has been pretty spot on on everything he told me about the situation), it isn't just 1 girl.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 10:22:39 PM »
From what I have been told (and the guy who told me what I know has been pretty spot on on everything he told me about the situation), it isn't just 1 girl.

Yeah that's what I have heard too.  I just mean this lawsuit isn't going to go anywhere.

But really this entire thing is pretty much old news now. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 10:23:27 PM »

Yeah that's what I have heard too.  I just mean this lawsuit isn't going to go anywhere.

But really this entire thing is pretty much old news now.

Agreed.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 10:26:54 PM »
More than one woman....correct.

What is at issue to me is the fox doing their own investigation of the hen house, but we'll see where it goes.  I have no doubt that the considering the jurisdiction, things will break UW-madison's way.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 10:41:06 PM »
Heard last summer that Bo's wife wanted him off the road, because there was someone involved with either the basketball office or athletic department.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 01:11:31 AM »
Heard last summer that Bo's wife wanted him off the road, because there was someone involved with either the basketball office or athletic department.

Athletic department.  Who may or may not have also been Barry's side piece.  And who may or may not have brought new life into this world based on the relationship.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 05:53:04 AM »
now that the dust has settled a little bit, the gloves may just come off a little bit here.  with the b-ball program seemingly back on path without bo, we'll see if alvarez et.al. will throw him under the bus to save their own arses, including the schools.  if the focus goes from "extra-marital" to "mistreatment" of women, i.e. physical (aside from the S & M crap) in nature and she can convince people that bo slaps his beaches around when he doesn't get his way, this will be a game changer.  the last thing the university needs is to defend a woman-beater. 

ok, that will depend on if anyone else knew about said allegations or if pics can be produced-not of bo lying on his stomach with a ball in his mouth, but of the women a little bruised up.  were police ever called?  that sort of thing

bo's comments of this being a "mistake in his private life" is the understatement of the year and the university's investigation that found no improper uses of schools resources will be revisited at the least.  so it was proper for bo to take his "playmate" on the road with him?  i doubt she was helping him scout players
don't...don't don't don't don't

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2016, 08:41:53 AM »
Could there be an independent investigation?

From the article:

"University officials have said they found Ryan misused no university resources when he and Van Ert would rendezvous during some of Ryan's out-of-town scouting of players.  But in the notice of claim, Van Ert said the university investigation was flawed.

"The 'investigation' was not thorough or conducted in good faith,"  the notice of claim states."
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2016, 08:46:33 AM »
Athletic department.  Who may or may not have also been Barry's side piece.  And who may or may not have brought new life into this world based on the relationship.

Heard that the pregnancy was not true, but he was fired on the spot when Barry heard about it. Living in Madison, I've heard so much stuff about this, hard to parse out "truth."

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2016, 02:32:54 PM »
Heard that the pregnancy was not true, but he was fired on the spot when Barry heard about it. Living in Madison, I've heard so much stuff about this, hard to parse out "truth."
MUDPT,
Is your PT indicative of Physical Therapist? I noticed the lady referenced (as connected to Bo) worked as a massage therapist at on office on N. Midvale Blvd. Do you know of her?

I smiled at that Midvale reference. I went to Midvale elementary (grades 2-5). If grandma sent me Xmas money, we'd hike up Midvale to Hilldale shopping area...I didnt realize that was the Madison massage district. lol
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2016, 03:22:41 PM »
MUDPT,
Is your PT indicative of Physical Therapist? I noticed the lady referenced (as connected to Bo) worked as a massage therapist at on office on N. Midvale Blvd. Do you know of her?

I smiled at that Midvale reference. I went to Midvale elementary (grades 2-5). If grandma sent me Xmas money, we'd hike up Midvale to Hilldale shopping area...I didnt realize that was the Madison massage district. lol

I am. I have no idea who this massage therapist is. We live about a mile from midvale, nice area. I was actually at the ACE at hilldale, this afternoon. As a PT, we hear lots of things from lots of people.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2016, 05:18:13 PM »
MUDPT,
I noticed the lady referenced (as connected to Bo) worked as a massage therapist at on office on N. Midvale Blvd.

Not sure, but the massage place may have been owned by Bo's daughter.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2016, 09:06:29 PM »
Not sure, but the massage place may have been owned by Bo's daughter.

She owns a yoga studio for sure, not sure about massage.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2016, 10:55:41 AM »
Could there be an independent investigation?

From the article:

"University officials have said they found Ryan misused no university resources when he and Van Ert would rendezvous during some of Ryan's out-of-town scouting of players.  But in the notice of claim, Van Ert said the university investigation was flawed.

"The 'investigation' was not thorough or conducted in good faith,"  the notice of claim states."

To me, a phony investigation done to cover up the original indiscretion is a much bigger deal than the original indiscretion itself. It suggests a lack of institutional control and poor governance at the university, and would result in much bigger punishments than anything Bo did.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2016, 11:29:43 AM »
To me, a phony investigation done to cover up the original indiscretion is a much bigger deal than the original indiscretion itself. It suggests a lack of institutional control and poor governance at the university, and would result in much bigger punishments than anything Bo did.

On a much much smaller scale(as far as we know) it's exactly what roiled Baylor's football program. They decided to handle things internally, which certainly lends itself to protecting the program as opposed to the accusers.

Not sure how a program can get away with internally investigating something that is considered a crime and not reporting it based on the internal findings. MU is certainly guilty of this as well and will likely be punished for it....not sure why UW should be different.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2016, 11:41:40 AM »
On a much much smaller scale(as far as we know) it's exactly what roiled Baylor's football program. They decided to handle things internally, which certainly lends itself to protecting the program as opposed to the accusers.

Not sure how a program can get away with internally investigating something that is considered a crime and not reporting it based on the internal findings. MU is certainly guilty of this as well and will likely be punished for it....not sure why UW should be different.

What in specific are you referring to?

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2016, 11:45:41 AM »
MU is certainly guilty of this as well and will likely be punished for it....not sure why UW should be different.
MU will be punished for what?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2016, 01:24:58 PM »
There were some potential Title IX issues under the previous regime, including one that was published in the Chicago Tribune involving our previous head coach talking to alleged* victim of assault about what happened. There are potential federal actions that could be taken that are yet to be determined.

*alleged because I don't know whether or not was ever determined to have happened.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2016, 03:26:12 PM »
There were some potential Title IX issues under the previous regime, including one that was published in the Chicago Tribune involving our previous head coach talking to alleged* victim of assault about what happened. There are potential federal actions that could be taken that are yet to be determined.

*alleged because I don't know whether or not was ever determined to have happened.

Whoa, really?  I thought that whole thing was well resolved by now.  Can the Feds really Hoopaloop an old case like that?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2016, 03:35:45 PM »
Whoa, really?  I thought that whole thing was well resolved by now.  Can the Feds really Hoopaloop an old case like that?

Feds and civil cases can be made at any point, both are theoretically in play.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2016, 03:36:57 PM »

I think it is resolved.  Here is the letter issued to Marquette:

http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/docs/investigations/more/05142516-a.pdf

Here is the resolution document.

http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/docs/investigations/more/05142516-b.pdf

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2016, 04:33:01 PM »

I think it is resolved.  Here is the letter issued to Marquette:

http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/docs/investigations/more/05142516-a.pdf

Here is the resolution document.

http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/docs/investigations/more/05142516-b.pdf

Yep that's the federal issue for that event....I think civil cases are still on-going.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2016, 04:39:42 PM »

Title IX complaints often take between 5 and 10 years to get resolved. To call it a slow process would be generous
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2016, 08:48:55 PM »
Yep that's the federal issue for that event....I think civil cases are still on-going.

I would think the statute of limitations would have lapsed on any civil cases by now... unless there was some conspiracy, which I suppose wouldn't be out of the question.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2016, 09:22:27 PM »
I would think the statute of limitations would have lapsed on any civil cases by now... unless there was some conspiracy, which I suppose wouldn't be out of the question.

Don't know about conspiracy, but civil cases are definitely still going on last I checked in with folks.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2016, 09:43:45 PM »

Statue of limitations doesn't apply if the case has already been started but is lengthy.
TAMU

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2016, 10:27:49 PM »
went to Pedro's for dinner a few weeks back.  pulled up and the Auto Zone parking lot was full of squads with the rollers on.  Thought Bo dumped another body there....

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2016, 08:51:20 AM »
Statue of limitations doesn't apply if the case has already been started but is lengthy.

Must have missed that... I don't recall a case having been filed.  If so, the plaintiff's attorney isn't doing a good job trying it in the media.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2016, 09:00:13 AM »
Must have missed that... I don't recall a case having been filed.  If so, the plaintiff's attorney isn't doing a good job trying it in the media.

A couple of different cases have been filed in civil court, only one is related to the athletic program(that I'm aware of). You are correct, it's been quiet on the media front but I suspect(for all sorts of reasons that I don't want to openly speculate on) these cases may not make it to the point where media attention is beneficial to the civil case.

Side note, I'm aware that you were likely going full Benny snide with that last comment but some folks might not have caught that.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2016, 09:14:47 AM »
went to Pedro's for dinner a few weeks back.  pulled up and the Auto Zone parking lot was full of squads with the rollers on.  Thought Bo dumped another body there....

You ate at Pedro's?

Why do you hate yourself?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2016, 09:17:03 AM »

Musta needed a 'hole bottle of Gasx or Beano, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2016, 08:50:05 PM »
You ate at Pedro's?

Why do you hate yourself?

On ZFB's budget, that's a delicacy.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Gato78

• Team Captain
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2016, 08:43:56 AM »
Fwiw all is done on the civil front on all levels. Nothing more to discuss.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2016, 08:48:15 AM »
She owns a yoga studio for sure, not sure about massage.

A properly trained massage therapist should always be kitted out in yoga pants. Pride and professionalism articulates itself in many ways.

Death on call

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2016, 09:50:33 AM »

all things have been suitably swept under the rugs, eh?

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2016, 10:21:36 AM »
all things have been suitably swept under the rugs, eh?

At least Marquette handled this correctly. Unlike many other things.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2016, 11:28:57 AM »

Correctly is a strong word. With best intentions might be more accurate
TAMU

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2016, 12:35:57 PM »
Correctly is a strong word. With best intentions might be more accurate

Or handled it without malice anyway

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2016, 02:11:42 PM »

So, how many sheckles did he cough up, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2016, 07:26:05 PM »

so we are comparing MU's handling of "what exactly" and it parallels bo ryans situation in.....??   you mean the rrrrr,  rrrrrrrr, rrrrrrrra... i'm not sure what it was actually.  but on the other hand, we have a once esteemed married dude with kids carrying on affairS for years and of course he didn't spend any of the university's money on them err anything cuz they did an investigation ::)  alls cool hein'a?   apples and fire hydrants in my book

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2016, 12:52:32 PM »
A properly trained massage therapist should always be kitted out in yoga pants. Pride and professionalism articulates itself in many ways.

Never heard ass cheeks referred to as "pride" and "professionalism" before, but I like it.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2016, 04:39:39 PM »

Is this referring to MU, or to Saint Bo?  I assume you mean MU....
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2016, 09:29:38 PM »
Is this referring to MU, or to Saint Bo?  I assume you mean MU....

MU.

Bo's just gettin started.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2016, 04:09:54 AM »
Never heard ass cheeks referred to as "pride" and "professionalism" before, but I like it.

awesome
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2016, 02:21:17 PM »
so we are comparing MU's handling of "what exactly" and it parallels bo ryans situation in.....??   you mean the rrrrr,  rrrrrrrr, rrrrrrrra... i'm not sure what it was actually.  but on the other hand, we have a once esteemed married dude with kids carrying on affairS for years and of course he didn't spend any of the university's money on them err anything cuz they did an investigation ::)  alls cool hein'a?   apples and fire hydrants in my book

Agreed.  These two issues are not really comparable, besides that there were investigations into what went wrong and how to fix it.

MU looked into it, found what it did wrong and changed policies.
UW looked into it, and determined that nothing wrong occurred.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2016, 03:40:42 PM »
The real question isn't if Ryan spent University money.  I have no doubt that he did not.  Too easy to trace...accessible via public record...

The question is how much was spent using donor money through their booster club.  Both sides have a reason to keep that under wraps.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2016, 05:55:02 PM »
The real question isn't if Ryan spent University money.  I have no doubt that he did not.  Too easy to trace...accessible via public record...

The question is how much was spent using donor money through their booster club.  Both sides have a reason to keep that under wraps.

Both of these questions are fine and relevant.

But I think there are fair questions around having your sidepiece join you on a recruiting trip.

Time is tight during the evaluation periods. If you're busy wining and dining your mistress, while you yourself are there on 'company money,' are you servicing the best interest of the program?

There may be nothing against the rules in doing so.. but, that the madison media and uw-madison folks don't seem to feel a bit squirmy about it is bizarre.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2016, 06:03:51 PM »
Maybe 'cuz Bo took 'em ta 2 FF's, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2016, 06:08:35 PM »

But I think there are fair questions around having your sidepiece join you on a recruiting trip.

Time is tight during the evaluation periods. If you're busy wining and dining your mistress, while you yourself are there on 'company money,' are you servicing the best interest of the program?

There may be nothing against the rules in doing so.. but, that the madison media and uw-madison folks don't seem to feel a bit squirmy about it is bizarre.

Don't disagree at all.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2016, 08:09:39 PM »
Maybe 'cuz Bo took 'em ta 2 FF's, ai na?

well, bo was taking his mistress on some of his trips because they can be stressful and tiresome.  with that said, just as the announcers on tv will tell ya, wouldn't this apply to coaches to?  so bo was just taking himself out of the game AND "getting a blow" ::)

nothing wrong with that EYE'na heyyyooooo fellas?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Get%20a%20blow

Black Swan

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2016, 08:10:45 PM »

Huggins would take both his wife and GF to the Final Four. His wife would be in the room and he would be grinding on his GF in the hotel bar. Good times...

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2016, 08:17:57 PM »
This is starting to sound like The National Enquirer.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2016, 09:09:21 PM »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2016, 11:04:31 PM »
ya just never know sometimes-

http://www.businessinsider.com/national-enquirer-stories-that-were-true-2013-2

The Enquirer may be the last true source of investigative journalism in the country. There's a lot of crap to sort through, but they've had some big stories right and first. As newspapers trim the budgets to made for Twitter headlines, the Enquirer just may be the best bet for investigative news.

God have mercy on our souls...we have destroyed democracy with Kardashian hot takes.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2016, 11:06:15 AM »
ya just never know sometimes-

http://www.businessinsider.com/national-enquirer-stories-that-were-true-2013-2

When you are reporting that every celebrity couple known to mankind are on the verge of divorce, you are bound to get one or two right.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)