[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: UCLA Shootin'  (Read 2815 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
UCLA Shootin'
« on: June 01, 2016, 12:57:03 PM »
WTF is wrong wit this country/world, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Goose

• All American
Re: UCLA Shootin'
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 01:02:32 PM »
Really is sad. Things are all screwed up in this country.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 02:12:56 PM »
Law enforcement sources have told CBS News that the shooting was a murder-suicide incident. A gun and note were recovered on campus.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/06/01/shooting-on-ucla-campus/

More detail

The Los Angeles police chief says the shooting of two men at UCLA was a murder-suicide.

Chief Charlie Beck said Wednesday there was no continuing threat and the campus is safe.  The shooting occurred in a small office in an engineering building. The chief says a gun was found along with what might be a suicide note.

No identifications have been released.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 02:29:49 PM by Heisenberg »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 08:09:08 PM »
Murder suicide.  Could have happened with any number of weapons.  You want to kill one person, not a whole lot to do to stop it.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 09:07:31 PM »
Murder suicide.  Could have happened with any number of weapons.  You want to kill one person, not a whole lot to do to stop it.

Maybe, but I'd prefer to go up against a knife or some blunt instrument rather than a gun if it came to that.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 09:12:40 AM »
Maybe, but I'd prefer to go up against a knife or some blunt instrument rather than a gun if it came to that.

Me to
Maigh Eo for Sam

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 09:20:04 AM »

Me three, especially if I had a gun on me for protection.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 09:29:26 AM »
I don't disagree, but my point is if someone wants you dead they have a great ability to do so.  Whether by ambush, shooting, poison, run them over with a car, etc, etc. 

The professor lived in the town I work in.  Very sad.  Young guy.  Kid snapped, accused the professor of stealing his computer code.

http://collegecandy.com/2016/06/02/mainak-sarkar-ucla-shooter-gunman-william-scott-klug-engineering-professor/

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-mainak-sarkar-ucla-20160602-snap-story.html
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 09:31:31 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 11:47:15 AM »

First, nobody mentioned anything about the weapon used because this is not a political board.

Second, we know your view on this because you have stated numerous times that machetes, rocks and feather pillows are every bit as dangerous as guns.

Third, did I mention this is not a political board yet you immediately sought to politicize it?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 01:26:01 PM »
We had a weird one in Houston over the weekend. A California vet with 2 Iraq tours had been showing PTSD signs lately. He traveled to Texas (nobody knows why)and slept behind an auto detailing shop on Memorial, near Wilcrest (upscale area). He gets up... confronts a customer...kills him with pistol...shot to the forehead. Lets a married couple off without shooting them...because they were "Christians", his words.

Then goes to his car grabs an AR-15 (?...the M1 civilian model) shoots it out with a bunch of cops...wounds two of them...shoots up their cruisers, and the cop helicopter, also wounds a local who tried to join in/respond with his own gun. One dead... four wounded....Current count is he got off 212 rounds....those assault rifles are nasty!
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 02:20:24 PM »
We had a weird one in Houston over the weekend. A California vet with 2 Iraq tours had been showing PTSD signs lately. He traveled to Texas (nobody knows why)and slept behind an auto detailing shop on Memorial, near Wilcrest (upscale area). He gets up... confronts a customer...kills him with pistol...shot to the forehead. Lets a married couple off without shooting them...because they were "Christians", his words.

Then goes to his car grabs an AR-15 (?...the M1 civilian model) shoots it out with a bunch of cops...wounds two of them...shoots up their cruisers, and the cop helicopter, also wounds a local who tried to join in/respond with his own gun. One dead... four wounded....Current count is he got off 212 rounds....those assault rifles are nasty!

First, assault rifles are no worse than knives. Just ask Chicos.

Second, at least the heathen is the dead one.

Third, I apologize for making light of a horrific incident. I would make myself say 10 Hail Marys if I weren't a heathen.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 02:25:25 PM »

Yeah, but he was a law-abiding citizen.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2016, 02:31:59 PM »

It's not an assault weapon. It's a sporting rifle. Duh.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2016, 03:20:25 PM »

If someone wants to take down a police helicopter with an AR-15, there's not much you can do to stop them.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2016, 03:30:56 PM »
First, nobody mentioned anything about the weapon used because this is not a political board.

Second, we know your view on this because you have stated numerous times that machetes, rocks and feather pillows are every bit as dangerous as guns.

Third, did I mention this is not a political board yet you immediately sought to politicize it?

First, it was mentioned in post 3.  I was post 4, after it was already mentioned.

Second, you owe me an apology for falsely accusing me of number 1.

Third, I didn't politicize anything.  So you managed to lie on number 1 and number 3.  I made zero comments about policies, laws, etc.  Zero.

Pat yourself on the back for blowing it completely.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2016, 03:32:13 PM »
First, assault rifles are no worse than knives. Just ask Chicos.

Second, at least the heathen is the dead one.

Third, I apologize for making light of a horrific incident. I would make myself say 10 Hail Marys if I weren't a heathen.

No need to ask me, it is in the FBI statistics.  Truth will set you free.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2016, 04:08:03 PM »
First, it was mentioned in post 3.  I was post 4, after it was already mentioned.

Second, you owe me an apology for falsely accusing me of number 1.

Third, I didn't politicize anything.  So you managed to lie on number 1 and number 3.  I made zero comments about policies, laws, etc.  Zero.

Pat yourself on the back for blowing it completely.

No.

Heisy pointed out only FACTS - that there was a shooting and the police reported that it was a murder/suicide.

You introduced the POLITICAL OPINION that the FACT that a gun was used was irrelevant and that any number of alternatives would have been equally effective. You were the first and only one to qualify a fact with a political opinion.

I'm sure 82 will graciously accept your apology for your misrepresentations.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2016, 04:21:43 PM »
It is also a FACT that had he used a knife or other weapon, we would not be discussing this.

FYI an assault weapon is a fully automatic piece . what he had was a sporting rifle that is configured to look like  a military gun.

brandx

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2016, 04:47:23 PM »

But we're safer when every nut has one.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2016, 04:51:08 PM »
This no politics in the superbar thing is working out swimmingly.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2016, 06:13:55 PM »
This no politics in the superbar thing is working out swimmingly.

The irony is the one accusing others of politics.....never mind.  I just find it funny in all he had to do was read post number 3 he would have saved himself some embarrassment in his accusations.

Looks like the killer took someone out in Minnesota as well.  Crazy people do crazy things, with all sorts of ways to do it.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2016, 06:19:33 PM »
But we're safer when every nut has one.

Political comment.  Not needed.  False statement, also.  Sad

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2016, 06:23:50 PM »
No.  WRONG.  Second sentence...he states the weapon that was used.  MU82 said NO ONE stated the weapon.  Heisy did, second sentence...."A gun and note were recovered on campus."    YOU ARE WRONG

Heisy pointed out only FACTS - that there was a shooting and the police reported that it was a murder/suicide.   He stated the weapon used.  Second sentence.   A gun and note were recovered on campus.

You introduced the POLITICAL OPINION that the FACT that a gun was used was irrelevant and that any number of alternatives would have been equally effective. You were the first and only one to qualify a fact with a political opinion.    I gave no such political opinion.  My opinion had nothing to do with politics.  I gave an opinion that any number of weapons can be used to kill someone, which is not only not an opinion, but  a fact.  Wrong again.

I'm sure 82 will graciously accept your apology for your misrepresentations.   He was flat out wrong, I proved him wrong and proved you wrong.  Heisy did mention the weapon, in the post before me.  Unless you are blind and can't read it, you are wrong.  I also offered nothing political at all, but the mere fact that there are many weapons that can be used to kill someone.  How is that political?  Some of you are looking for something that isn't there.  I was extremely careful NOT to use any political language at all.  I await his apology for being completely wrong and accusing me of something I didn't do, which was mention the weapon first in this thread....an absolute falsehood on his part.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 06:26:06 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

feedback