collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Any Uber Drivers Out there?  (Read 5870 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Any Uber Drivers Out there?
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2016, 03:46:15 PM »
Yup. Lot of 4 am bars in chicago. One of my favorite bars is actually open until 5 on Saturdays for the real trooper in you. Though the 3 am bar scene in Indy surprises me, good to know.

Hang Up? McFaddens?
Maigh Eo for Sam

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2016, 03:48:38 PM »
Hang Up? McFaddens?

Hardwater, on the way northside in Rogers Park.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Exiting Austin due to regulations?
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2016, 11:35:13 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/uber-lyft-set-leave-texas-city-over-fingerprinting-075141677.html?ref=gs

Existing Austin...Lyft as well.   Other cities may be exiting also.  They don't want to deal with the regulations.

JWags85

• All American
Re: Exiting Austin due to regulations?
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2016, 11:01:42 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/uber-lyft-set-leave-texas-city-over-fingerprinting-075141677.html?ref=gs

Existing Austin...Lyft as well.   Other cities may be exiting also.  They don't want to deal with the regulations.

Good to see that instead of the Taxi industry attempting to better itself, they are just gonna attack ride sharing in other ways.  For a city like Austin, this is a bummer cause its so spread out, without a ton of super concentrated areas where you normally find cabs, that getting cabs isn't easy and Uber/Lyft was great.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2016, 06:29:06 PM »
True statement.

I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure Louisville bars are all open till 4, random I know.

Yeah, I think Louisville still has a 4am bar time.. some cry about it... not sure it's gotten them anywhere, though.

I was there a year and a half ago with a bunch of old MU buddies.. I don't think we made it out past 11pm any night.. but we could have!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2016, 09:16:47 AM »
Good to see that instead of the Taxi industry attempting to better itself, they are just gonna attack ride sharing in other ways.  For a city like Austin, this is a bummer cause its so spread out, without a ton of super concentrated areas where you normally find cabs, that getting cabs isn't easy and Uber/Lyft was great.

Why can't it be argued that Lyft and Uber should have to better themselves, with background checks?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2016, 10:16:01 AM »
Why can't it be argued that Lyft and Uber should have to better themselves, with background checks?

I think they should do background checks.

Also, from experience, the tax situation is a clusterunnatural carnal knowledge. No one, including tax lawyers, are quite sure how the company is getting away with it.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2016, 12:02:12 PM »
They do perform background checks
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

reinko

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2016, 12:42:36 PM »

Statistically Uber and Lyft drivers drive safer than cab drivers, get in less accidents, and they themselves are attacked less by passengers.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2016, 05:17:01 PM »
Statistically Uber and Lyft drivers drive safer than cab drivers, get in less accidents, and they themselves are attacked less by passengers.

Who gets more actions from broads they meet while driving though?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2016, 06:58:48 PM »
Who gets more actions from broads they meet while driving though?

Some guys named the "Bang Brothers," I believe.  They've got the videos to prove it.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2016, 07:33:47 PM »
Some guys named the "Bang Brothers," I believe.  They've got the videos to prove it.

This rings a bell... I may need to drive foe dem

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2016, 10:49:45 AM »
They do perform background checks

That was my understanding as well.

Criticism of some of Uber's practices are fair, including how their driver compensation seems to be falling.  However, whenever I see attacks from proponents of the traditional taxi industry, its never featuring a way to improve the taxi experience.

I recently lost my wallet in a cab, had a cab driver go to a Chase branch to try to hunt me down since he saw my debit cards, and held my wallet for a week as I was out of the country (long story).  Great guy, great story.  So in the weeks after, I tried to take a few more cabs when I'm almost exclusively an Uber customer these days.  About 75% of the time I was hassled about trying to use a CC, two different drivers were rude about my route suggestions, and the cabs as always ranged from "beat up" to "need a complete overhaul".

Every incident with an Uber driver gets wildly publicized and mentioned as a "DANGER IN RIDE SHARING" when I know multiple instances of shady and menacing behavior by cabbies, not to mention 2 different friends injured when cabs ran red lights.