Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Offense Next Year  (Read 15469 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Offense Next Year
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2016, 07:39:09 AM »
Well, he is traditional. Got dat goin' for him, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2016, 10:41:44 AM »
Next year, it's lights out baby!  Here come the shooters!!!

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2016, 03:08:52 PM »
Next year, it's lights out baby!  Here come the shooters!!!
Hope you are right, but who really knows? By most accounts Duane was a great shooter in HS, I recall some saying over 50% from three, and we have only seen a few streaks from him. JJJ was reputed to be a good shooter in HS, but we did not see that until the second half of this year. HE supposedly could shoot the 3, but we got about 28% out of him this year. Traci Carter was reputed to be a good outside shot, but we did not see much this year. So I would hold off the lights out baby for next year until we actually see it materialize.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2016, 04:00:15 PM »

I hope our last scholly is ANYONE of size.  Take any sort of project we can get our hands on.

If your definition of "project" is the same as mine, that person won't help us much next season. Heldt was a "project" this past season. How much would he have helped us if he were asked to play major minutes?

I will take my chances on Heldt next season over any Heldt-like "project."

I do want another big for next season, of course. And I also wouldn't another project, though I wouldn't expect squat from that project for 2-3 years.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2016, 04:22:34 PM »
Willie, apparently you haven't seen Hauser, Howard or Rousley play.  I know you're not used to it, but the day of the shooters is here.  Can't wait!

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2016, 04:44:33 PM »
If your definition of "project" is the same as mine, that person won't help us much next season. Heldt was a "project" this past season. How much would he have helped us if he were asked to play major minutes?

I will take my chances on Heldt next season over any Heldt-like "project."

I do want another big for next season, of course. And I also wouldn't another project, though I wouldn't expect squat from that project for 2-3 years.

+11
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2016, 06:40:45 PM »
Hope you are right, but who really knows? By most accounts Duane was a great shooter in HS, I recall some saying over 50% from three, and we have only seen a few streaks from him. JJJ was reputed to be a good shooter in HS, but we did not see that until the second half of this year. HE supposedly could shoot the 3, but we got about 28% out of him this year. Traci Carter was reputed to be a good outside shot, but we did not see much this year. So I would hold off the lights out baby for next year until we actually see it materialize.

Actually Duane is the only one of those I remember being labeled a shooter in high school. JJJ was an athletic slasher with a poor shot. Henry could shoot it bit it wasn't his strength. Same with Carter.

Difference I hope between Duane and the newbies is level of competition. Findlay, SPASH, and unc asheville face much tougher competition than Duane did at Dominican. Well see
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2016, 06:42:13 PM »
Actually Duane is the only one of those I remember being labeled a shooter in high school. JJJ was an athletic slasher with a poor shot. Henry could shoot it bit it wasn't his strength. Same with Carter.

Difference I hope between Duane and the newbies is level of competition. Findlay, SPASH, and unc asheville face much tougher competition than Duane did at Dominican. Well see

Not to mention that Duane had a McD AA as a high school teammate. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2016, 09:08:10 PM »

Yeah and also wasn't Henry's shooting even worse in high school? I feel like at least one of his high school seasons had him shooting the 3 even worse.

And I know I saw him as a mid 60s at the line guy.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

feedback