[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Matt Velazquez] Iowa State Cyclones Jameel McKay, Deonte Burton have Marquette connection  (Read 2197 times)

MattVelazquez

Iowa State Cyclones Jameel McKay, Deonte Burton have Marquette connection

Longtime friends and former Milwaukee City Conference rivals, Jameel McKay and Deonte Burton were set to play together at Marquette. That never happened. But now they’ve joined forces at Iowa State and will take the court together for a Sweet 16 game against Virginia.
Source: Iowa State Cyclones Jameel McKay, Deonte Burton have Marquette connection

KampusFoods

• All American
Love Matty V. Nice piece here.

Can't imagine any of the previous beat writers going after this story or even realizing the connection.

Nukem2

• All American
Love Matty V. Nice piece here.

Can't imagine any of the previous beat writers going after this story or even realizing the connection.
Uhh....Rosiak

KampusFoods

• All American
Uhh....Rosiak

Maybe. Think he was just finishing the MU beat when I started tuning in (2010 was freshman year).

mubbnation

• Walk-On
After his mother's passing in October 2014, Burton started re-evaluating his college decision. When Burton decided to transfer, he contacted McKay to help him gain insight on the Iowa State program.

"It had nothing to do with basketball," Burton said of leaving Marquette. "It was more of me personally trying to better myself as a person, and I felt leaving home would help me the most....

"I actually want to go back to Marquette — just for school, no basketball — and get my master's from Marquette because it is such a good school."

That last line made my head spin for a second.

KampusFoods

• All American
After his mother's passing in October 2014, Burton started re-evaluating his college decision. When Burton decided to transfer, he contacted McKay to help him gain insight on the Iowa State program.

"It had nothing to do with basketball," Burton said of leaving Marquette. "It was more of me personally trying to better myself as a person, and I felt leaving home would help me the most....

"I actually want to go back to Marquette — just for school, no basketball — and get my master's from Marquette because it is such a good school."

That last line made my head spin for a second.

Grad transfer?

Earl Tatum

• All American
Burton and McKay hit it big and don't forget Matt Thomas of Onalaska, Wis.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Yea, gonna be a home court advantage for Iowa St. Single session tickets are going for no less than $250 as of last night. You have 3 kids from Wisconsin, and Nader from the area. Gonna be rocking for the Cyclones this evening.

Hards Alumni

• All American
Rooting for our former players the rest of the way out.

feedback