[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Matt Velazquez] Steve Wojciechowski discusses method behind Marquette's 2015-'16 schedule  (Read 18750 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
I am ok with doing 3 for 1 deals with Green Bay or Milwaukee. Creates a little more fan interest  when we play at home and gives us an opportunity for a road win under favorable circumstances.  Attendance at these games has always been higher, both reported and actual bodies at the BC. Through in some bottom tier MAC and MVC and we will be fine.

We just have to play the scheduling game as it is defined. Even if it costs a few bucks in guarantees etc.

bulls#!t, don't give UWM crap. We gave them a helluva a deal with a 4 for 1 and they crapped on it like we were doing them a favor. Zero scheduling benefit and zero upside for Marquette. If you want to do something like that, do it for Bradley.....UWM got rot for all I care.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
I am ok with doing 3 for 1 deals with Green Bay or Milwaukee. Creates a little more fan interest  when we play at home and gives us an opportunity for a road win under favorable circumstances.  Attendance at these games has always been higher, both reported and actual bodies at the BC. Through in some bottom tier MAC and MVC and we will be fine.

We just have to play the scheduling game as it is defined. Even if it costs a few bucks in guarantees etc.

Whatever any of us like is irrelevant. At the current time, Marquette has zero interest in giving home games to mid and low major schools. They will not schedule series with Milwaukee, Green Bay, Bradley, Loyola-Chicago, Detroit, Valparaiso, or any other mid-major school or below that requires a home game in return.

Personally, I think Marquette would benefit massively from setting up four different teams on 3-for-1 deals. It locks four teams in for four years, so you don't have to solicit as many opponents annually, it guarantees you three decent mid-major home games, and also gives you one RPI-boosting away game. I think it would help our scheduling in many regards. But Marquette isn't interested in those, and no amount of interest on any of our parts matters.

3-for-1, 2-for-1, 4-for-1, 8-for-1, Marquette simply isn't interested in doing those deals.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

The Lens

• All American
Whatever any of us like is irrelevant. At the current time, Marquette has zero interest in giving home games to mid and low major schools. They will not schedule series with Milwaukee, Green Bay, Bradley, Loyola-Chicago, Detroit, Valparaiso, or any other mid-major school or below that requires a home game in return.

Personally, I think Marquette would benefit massively from setting up four different teams on 3-for-1 deals. It locks four teams in for four years, so you don't have to solicit as many opponents annually, it guarantees you three decent mid-major home games, and also gives you one RPI-boosting away game. I think it would help our scheduling in many regards. But Marquette isn't interested in those, and no amount of interest on any of our parts matters.

3-for-1, 2-for-1, 4-for-1, 8-for-1, Marquette simply isn't interested in doing those deals.

I think you're right on and if I'm Broeker I go to the Horizon office and get this deal with:

UWGB (119)
UWM (175)
Detroit or Oakland (200 / 119)
UIC or Valpo (346!!! / 49!!!)
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart