Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Markus Howard, Sam & Joey Hauser, Tyler Herro attending MU vs. Villanova  (Read 34840 times)

bilsu

• All American
Re: Markus Howard, Sam & Joey Hauser, Tyler Herro attending MU vs. Villanova
« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2016, 04:10:10 PM »
They'll need to get a lot more from the group of Hill, Thomas, Iverson, and Illikainen. I know they're famous for doing more with less, but that was with the other guy at the helm.

Personally, I'd like them to lose every game, but if we need to settle for having them on our resume as a quality win I will accept that.
I always root against the Badgers and was very happy when they were 9-9 and looking like they were going to have a losing season. I want them to suck, but I can see how well they are playing now. Remember UW has a built in recruiting advantage, since about everyone is a UW football fan. I root against them in football too. Kobe King, or whatever his name was, has already picked the Badgers over MU. Maybe Wojo wins the majority of recruiting battles for WI players willing to consider both schools, but there are some that will be UW no matter what and not really consider MU.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2016, 05:16:46 PM »
Marquette usually has much superior talent than the rodents. The latter is always coached up and plays better as the season progresses. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #102 on: March 01, 2016, 05:19:15 PM »
Marquette usually has much superior talent than the rodents. The latter is always coached up and plays better as the season progresses.

That's not at all true, especially the last 3-4 years. Bucky had two top-20 picks in the NBA last year, for pete's sake, and another guy who could sneak into the first round this year.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #103 on: March 01, 2016, 06:06:17 PM »
Tried to read through this and have a few thoughts:

I think Trevor Anderson wins WI Mr. Basketball this year, not Hauser. Anderson is having an insane year.

Herro loves Wojo. Talked to his dad before the MU offer but after the WI offer, and he said they were excited about MU and waiting on the offer from Wojo. Said him an Ty both love Wojo. Poole deciding on Michigan (his dream school), made the Herro offer open up since both are similar.

For those looking at these local kids and thinking they are leaning one way or the other because of Tweets, Instagrams, photo ops or whatever, you need to realize these kids are loving the free tickets and recruiting. They get to go to games for free in great seats, what's not to like?

The Koenig Insta pic with Herro does have some history. Herro plays for WI Playground Warriors (not Ike Wilson's Playground Elite). Koenig was point for Playground Warriors and played up with Dekker and Tokoto. Ritchie David recruited all of these guys for Playground Warriors. He also recruited Kobe King. Herro's little brother and Tokoto's little brother played AAU together.  Point is, they all know each other well.

Here's why I don't think it matters. I think the recruiting of Herro is wide open and dependent upon the other dominoes falling. Herro left a pretty good AAU team a few years ago to team up with McCabe again after that experiment had failed earlier. Herro teamed with McCabe for one reason -- to gain from his exposure (or overexposure) -- that is a fact. I think Herro has now leapfrogged him. The same thing will happen with his recruiting -- he wants a great true point and a great 4 and 5. All these alpha dogs want to know who will be around them to make them look better. Joey Hauser and Herro have never played together. I think if Hauser were to commit, that would be a really good thing.

As I've said before, Herro just wins. His dad may rub people the wrong way, but he is a straight shooter and I appreciate that. I would love rooting for both Hauser and Herro. They are the two best in the WI class and I don't think it is even close.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #104 on: March 01, 2016, 07:37:57 PM »
Blossomgame is so good. We need him to transfer here bad
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2016, 08:04:21 PM »
I have heard second hand that Joey is a good good bet to stay in state.Just not sure where yet.Hopefully a little brotherly love will help!

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2016, 09:06:40 PM »
Parking
You may be a troll, as Marquette has had much more talent than the rodents.  It's not close.  Please leave this board.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2016, 10:49:57 PM »
Blossomgame is so good. We need him to transfer here bad

Plus Tax..........I hope that Wojo has some history with him.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

feedback