Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Novak on the move  (Read 24949 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Novak on the move
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2016, 07:20:47 AM »
Novak should give at least 80% of his earnings these last few years to Jeremy Lin.

Linsanity made Novak rich!

As should Crean do da same wit Wade, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2016, 08:23:10 AM »
Can someone remind us how well the San Antonio workout went for Steve a few years back.  Didn't he hit a crazy number of three in a row?

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2016, 09:32:22 AM »
I'm still obsessed with Novak.

MU TommyDieHard

• Walk-On
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2016, 09:34:09 AM »
Oh wow, he made 29 of 30 threes.  Ok, 500,000 6'0" guys can shoot like that.  is that better estimate?  I love how all your MU guys cling to one word to make your argument.  I just picture a bunch of dork engineers/attorneys/accountants that have never played the game like that dork that jumps around on timeouts at your games wowing at all his swished FTs that jumps around at your game. 

I never said the guy couldn't shoot.  And I certainly don't begrudge him for making millions off it.  Good for him.  Just too bad he could never get any other part of his game to be anything but way below average for NBA standards.  And I mean any part of his game. 

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2016, 09:46:43 AM »
Rocky? Looks like there's a troll in the dungeons!
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2016, 09:52:11 AM »
Oh wow, he made 29 of 30 threes.  Ok, 500,000 6'0" guys can shoot like that.  is that better estimate?  I love how all your MU guys cling to one word to make your argument.  I just picture a bunch of dork engineers/attorneys/accountants that have never played the game like that dork that jumps around on timeouts at your games wowing at all his swished FTs that jumps around at your game. 

I never said the guy couldn't shoot.  And I certainly don't begrudge him for making millions off it.  Good for him.  Just too bad he could never get any other part of his game to be anything but way below average for NBA standards.  And I mean any part of his game.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2016, 09:56:25 AM »

So you are doubling down on stupid???

He has the sixth highest 3 pt % in the history of professional basketball in the United States.  Sixth.  There are not thousands of guys who can shoot like he can.  That is a completely false statement.

You may have "played the game," but it is clear that it didn't translate into any knowledge.  Maybe you should have spent more time in math class understanding simple statistics.

LON

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2016, 10:00:34 AM »

I played.  And I'm an accountant.

MU TommyDieHard

• Walk-On
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2016, 10:03:10 AM »
Those 500,000 guys aren't tall enough to be in NBA.  Get it? 

Why is he doing nothing the last 3-4 years?  Did he forget how to shoot?  No, it is the rest of his game.  Doesn't matter if he is that big a defensive liability. 

He is a class act and great shooter.  I actually was pulling hard for him.  I just don't understand how a great shooter like that cannot be a court spacer and three drainer on a team with a great player constantly demanding doubles.  Something is up.  See Ryan Anderson, Reddick, Dirk, Ersan I even of Bucks, Kerr, Parsons, all slow footed very good shooters that have managed to remain on the court.  I can give you 20 more if you want.  Can you? 

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2016, 10:06:57 AM »

Tommy comes in guns blazing. Hell of an entrance, my man, hell of an entrance.

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2016, 10:07:31 AM »

So you were so bored today that you decided, hey what the hell, let me go through the effort of creating a profile on a Marquette fan site to bash a guy who last played for them 10 years ago? 

I'll really get them riled up, not by saying something with some half truths in it, but rather something so incredibly refutable that it will only make me look more like the uniformed troll I'm attempting to be.

It's not even good trolling when it is this forced.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2016, 10:08:33 AM »

He didn't make the NBA because he is tall.  He made it because he's a gifted shooter.  Get it?

He is also the sixth best 3 point shooter in the history of NCAA D1 basketball.  He didn't do that because he is like thousands of other shooters.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 10:13:41 AM by The Sultan of Sunshine »

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2016, 10:14:23 AM »

Why is he doing nothing the last 3-4 years?  Did he forget how to shoot?  No, it is the rest of his game.  Doesn't matter if he is that big a defensive liability. 

He is a class act and great shooter.  I actually was pulling hard for him.  I just don't understand how a great shooter like that cannot be a court spacer and three drainer on a team with a great player constantly demanding doubles.  Something is up.  See Ryan Anderson, Reddick, Dirk, Ersan I even of Bucks, Kerr, Parsons, all slow footed very good shooters that have managed to remain on the court.  I can give you 20 more if you want.  Can you?

No one here is suggesting he is a great NBA player, far from it, as he didn't have skills beyond shooting to contribute significantly.  All of those other players are better all-around players than Steve and have a more diverse skill set.  However, he hung on for 10 years for a reason, and height had nothing to do with it - his 3-pt shooting percentage did. 

To say that there are 500,000 people who can shoot like that is categorically false. 

« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 10:19:57 AM by Marquette_g »

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2016, 10:15:59 AM »
So you were so bored today that you decided, hey what the hell, let me go through the effort of creating a profile on a Marquette fan site to bash a guy who last played for them 10 years ago? 

I'll really get them riled up, not by saying something with some half truths in it, but rather something so incredibly refutable that it will only make me look more like the uniformed troll I'm attempting to be.

I'm kinda envious in that he has the time to troll. That period of my life has come and gone, alas.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2016, 10:26:43 AM »
Never forget

<a href="http://youtu.be/H3CiMh7RFDA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://youtu.be/H3CiMh7RFDA</a>

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2016, 11:07:07 AM »

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2016, 11:57:15 AM »

So you are doubling down on stupid???

He has the sixth highest 3 pt % in the history of professional basketball in the United States.  Sixth.  There are not thousands of guys who can shoot like he can.  That is a completely false statement.

You may have "played the game," but it is clear that it didn't translate into any knowledge.  Maybe you should have spent more time in math class understanding simple statistics.
Bench warmer at Black Earth High.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2016, 12:05:45 PM »
No one here is suggesting he is a great NBA player, far from it, as he didn't have skills beyond shooting to contribute significantly.  All of those other players are better all-around players than Steve and have a more diverse skill set.  However, he hung on for 10 years for a reason, and height had nothing to do with it - his 3-pt shooting percentage did. 

To say that there are 500,000 people who can shoot like that is categorically false.

Let's be honest, his height had a little bit to do with it.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2016, 12:11:07 PM »
Can someone remind us how well the San Antonio workout went for Steve a few years back.  Didn't he hit a crazy number of three in a row?
If I recall correctly, he started off shooting a free throw.  Upon each make he took a big step backwards, and shot again.  If he missed 3 in a row from one spot he was done.  He was close to the top of the key on the other half of the court when he missed 3 in a row.
Tommy Diehard in unimpressed.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2016, 12:31:29 PM »
Why even engage this guy?  Here's his story:

His beloved UW Vadgers started off the season horribly, losing to 2 mid (okay, low) majors at home, losing at home to the in state rival.  This was coming off the best 2 years in the history of his favorite team's program.  A team he is a fan of because his UWSP alum father once bought him a  sweatshirt from Kohl's for Christmas when he was young.  Things looked bleak for his beloved school that he never attended.  To make things worse, the Saint that had been around for as long as he could remember turned out to be not so big of a Saint, but daddy didn't tell him that when he got his sweatshirt!  Shocked that a man of that age could still get it up, he was even more shocked by the man quitting on his team.  But then something weird happened.  The Vadgers got into B1G play, you know, the best conference in America, who the heck wouldn't want to be part of that conference?  Not only do you get the best athletics in the country, but the best academics too!  And what do you know, they run off 7 straight, including a HUGE win at Maryland!  They're set!  Back to another Final Four!

Oh wait, Maryland loses to the worst major-conference team in America, the Vadgers lose to Michigan State, and life once again starts to suck for these Kohl's Vadger fans.

I know what to do with my life!  Let's go over to the Marquette fan forums, a school we pretend isn't even relevant to us because they're just a mid major in a mid major conference (forget that Butler, who is getting killed in the BE, beat one of our top dogs, MU, who is getting killed in the BE, beat one of our top dogs, etc.), and try to rile them up!

Good luck with Gard.  I think Marquette fans are just as excited as you that he will be the next coach in Madison.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2016, 12:40:35 PM »
I don't remember if this was actually asked back in this thread, but, straight from the horse's mouth (well at least Novak's twitter feed a while back):

Most 3's ever made in a row?  62
Most FT's made in a row? 212

I "liked" those tweets because I knew I would have to refer back to them some day.  I still can't believe those numbers.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2016, 01:35:57 PM »
I can give you 20 more if you want.

20? Or 500,000? Or a million? Which is it?

What an effen douche.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2016, 02:14:37 PM »
Why even engage this guy?  Here's his story:

His beloved UW Vadgers started off the season horribly, losing to 2 mid (okay, low) majors at home, losing at home to the in state rival.  This was coming off the best 2 years in the history of his favorite team's program.  A team he is a fan of because his UWSP alum father once bought him a  sweatshirt from Kohl's for Christmas when he was young.  Things looked bleak for his beloved school that he never attended.  To make things worse, the Saint that had been around for as long as he could remember turned out to be not so big of a Saint, but daddy didn't tell him that when he got his sweatshirt!  Shocked that a man of that age could still get it up, he was even more shocked by the man quitting on his team.  But then something weird happened.  The Vadgers got into B1G play, you know, the best conference in America, who the heck wouldn't want to be part of that conference?  Not only do you get the best athletics in the country, but the best academics too!  And what do you know, they run off 7 straight, including a HUGE win at Maryland!  They're set!  Back to another Final Four!

Oh wait, Maryland loses to the worst major-conference team in America, the Vadgers lose to Michigan State, and life once again starts to suck for these Kohl's Vadger fans.

I know what to do with my life!  Let's go over to the Marquette fan forums, a school we pretend isn't even relevant to us because they're just a mid major in a mid major conference (forget that Butler, who is getting killed in the BE, beat one of our top dogs, MU, who is getting killed in the BE, beat one of our top dogs, etc.), and try to rile them up!

Good luck with Gard.  I think Marquette fans are just as excited as you that he will be the next coach in Madison.

TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2016, 02:31:35 PM »

Not sure how many in a row. But he made 96/100 which is insane.

Even when Curry hit 77 in a row last year. His final total was like 92/100.

Just show how insane 96 is.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2016, 04:02:08 PM »
Steve Novak, Steph Curry, Steve Kerr.  I guess if you want your kid to be a crazy good shooter, Stephen is the name for you. 

feedback