[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Creighton  (Read 4546 times)

WarriorPA

• Walk-On
Re: Creighton
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2016, 05:42:11 PM »
Went to the 9pm mass at Gesu after the game and couldn't believe there were more students at mass than in the student section. Great news for the Catholic Church, but bad news for Marquette basketball.

Students have been spoiled by success, and a lot of others plainly just don't care. Apparently not everyone chose Marquette for the basketball program? I missed the memo.

source?

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2016, 07:08:28 PM »
I'll be at the game but not in the student section, although I did buy the student season tickets. Friend of mine got a couple tickets in the lower bowl from some family member, don't have to wait out in the cold to get a decent seat for once.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2016, 07:30:44 PM »
First of all Providence is going to finish 7th or 8th in the conference. They are 0-3 against MU/DePaul. Live by three die by the three is where Creighton falls. They have enough big men that the size of Ellenson and Fischer will not be a big advantage for us. Both of our big guys will be forced to try to cover their bigmen who will shoot threes. Creighton has a very good point guard, but he does not have the size of Dunn or Whitehead which should make it easier for Carter and Wilson to guard him. Basically, if Creighton is hitting their threes it will be very hard to beat them. If they have a poor three point shooting nights the games will be very competitive

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2016, 07:32:48 PM »
Yes and no.    I recognize that times change and you kids need to get off my lawn and all of that crap, but I was there 84-88, two years of Majerus and two years of Dukiet, and was at every game that was played on campus while school was in.    The exhibitions against the Chinese national team.    Watching Rod Strickland laugh at Anthony Candelino trying to guard him.   David Rivers.    Dolan tip in.   Missed Copa dunk landing in press row at mid-court. Rod Grosse jumping center and coming out at the first dead ball, never to be seen again.    Being so bad we were worried about beating Fordham and Niagara.   Student section all 4 years.    Wearing god-awful MU boxer shorts and goofy-assed sunglasses so the folks back home watching on WGN could see their hard-earned money being put to good use.
Thanks awesome Tower--good work!

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2016, 07:45:43 PM »
First of all Providence is going to finish 7th or 8th in the conference. They are 0-3 against MU/DePaul. Live by three die by the three is where Creighton falls. They have enough big men that the size of Ellenson and Fischer will not be a big advantage for us. Both of our big guys will be forced to try to cover their bigmen who will shoot threes. Creighton has a very good point guard, but he does not have the size of Dunn or Whitehead which should make it easier for Carter and Wilson to guard him. Basically, if Creighton is hitting their threes it will be very hard to beat them. If they have a poor three point shooting nights the games will be very competitive

Opposing teams tend to shoot very well from 3 pt land @ BMOHC!  Could be a bummer.  But at least it will be loud.