'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Which meme is better?

JFB
100 (80.6%)
Automatic
24 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 122

Voting closed: May 16, 2014, 08:46:54 AM

Author Topic: Good Clean American Fun Regional - 6 vs 11  (Read 2089 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Good Clean American Fun Regional - 6 vs 11
« on: May 14, 2014, 08:46:54 AM »
JFB
Nickname for one of Marquette's best players in the 2000s, Jimmy Butler.  A thread looking for a nickname produced this co-development.  Ziggy proposed Jimmy F*cking Butler and IAmMarquette followed it up with the acronym, sealing it in MUScoop history

Automatic
This meme started as a bro chant from the broiest part of the student section every time Davante Gardner was at the free throw line.  Immediately, it drew ire and disdain from the MUScoop faithful (see anything the current students do), prompting vigorous debate.  Eventually Davante Gardner himself voiced a favorable opinion of the chant, swinging the board 70/30 in favor and saving lead bros from more internet Scoop scorn.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Good Clean American Fun Regional - 6 vs 11
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 12:22:27 PM »
I was pro-automatic, but JFB must win.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 02:03:02 PM »
JFB
Nickname for one of Marquette's best players in the 2000s, Jimmy Butler.  A thread looking for a nickname produced this co-development.  Ziggy proposed Jimmy F*cking Butler and IAmMarquette followed it up with the acronym, sealing it in MUScoop history

Automatic
This meme started as a bro chant from the broiest part of the student section every time Davante Gardner was at the free throw line.  Immediately, it drew ire and disdain from the MUScoop faithful (see anything the current students do), prompting vigorous debate.  Eventually Davante Gardner himself voiced a favorable opinion of the chant, swinging the board 70/30 in favor and saving lead bros from more internet Scoop scorn.

About the make/miss ratio of Davante shooting free throws, which makes him far from "Automatic!"
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 02:47:40 PM »
I was pro-automatic, but JFB must win.

Automatic grew on me, but I never fully commited.  Regardless, JFB is greatest nickname in MU history that I've been a part of I think....maybe Dean the Dream was better, but that was well before my time.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 02:50:51 PM »
When Davante stopped making free throws at a high rate, the chant just sounded dumb.   JFB is forever.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 03:00:57 PM »
I will never be partial to "Automatic" due to the douche-bros who started the chant in the first place.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 03:26:11 PM »
When Davante stopped making free throws at a high rate, the chant just sounded dumb.   JFB is forever.   

I will never be partial to "Automatic" due to the douche-bros who started the chant in the first place.

+1 to both.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter