Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tyler Herro  (Read 26062 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Tyler Herro
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2016, 10:06:00 AM »
I sure hope the recruits coming on Sat don't have an offer from Nova--cuz if same logic is used we might' be in big trouble.

If Nova fans outnumber MU fans by 2-to-1 on Saturday, you'd be right.

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2016, 10:14:33 AM »

Next weekend might be the biggest weekend for Wojo, I am sure he has asked every kid in the area to come visit as well as any out of town kids, should be close to
a sell-out I am sure, not often the #1 team in America shows up here.  Hope they beat X.  Place should be rocking, hope the team does not lay an egg like Iowa.  Who
is visiting?

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2016, 12:59:12 PM »
Will be joining fellow alums in san diego... last time the place made an effort offering a real chili poser but appreciated the effort.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2016, 02:25:14 PM »
I believe most every away teams fans outnumber the home team at DePaul.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2016, 05:13:51 PM »
Will be joining Marquette alums in New Orleans to cheer the Warriors on to victory over Villinova.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2016, 07:18:34 PM »
Tyler Herro front & center at the Badgers game, yet again tonight

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2016, 08:27:01 PM »
Tyler Herro front & center at the Badgers game, yet again tonight

Diamond stone was at every badger game and almost every MU game. Hs kids love free tics

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2016, 08:37:54 PM »
JPT certainly took advantage---saw him at every game.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2016, 09:47:50 PM »
Diamond stone was at every badger game and almost every MU game. Hs kids love free tics

I posted this for the poster who said Herro wouldn't be a cultural fit at UW. It's simply a reach. He likes both UW & MU

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2016, 10:36:59 PM »
I posted this for the poster who said Herro wouldn't be a cultural fit at UW. It's simply a reach. He likes both UW & MU

Or maybe he likes college hoops and tries to take in every game he can.  I sure would.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2016, 10:51:13 PM »
admissions might be Madison hurdles.

No, admissions to Wisconsin isn't a problem. He isn't trying to get into Northwestern or Michigan. It's just Wisconsin. You know, the school that Ron Dayne   is an alumnus of...

Death on call

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2016, 10:59:48 PM »

That poster was a Vadger fan trying to take shots at the type of character the kids we recruit have. Better to ignore the Kohl's UW fans than to take them seriously.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2016, 11:21:52 PM »
That poster was a Vadger fan trying to take shots at the type of character the kids we recruit have. Better to ignore the Kohl's UW fans than to take them seriously.

My apologies. I didn't see who posted it.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2016, 11:40:26 PM »
Herro is a solid player definitely D1, but aren't we trying to get to where Wisconsin is with back to back final fours. Recruiting guys like him will only keep this program average

Maybe they should step up their game and go harder after him.

Cheesy, I don't know if you just struggle to put together coherent thoughts, or are just a troll.  You have a handful of posts here in the last 8 months, and have *only* posted about Herro.  And apparently you've gone from thinking he's average, to thinking MU should go after him harder. Care to explain yourself? 

Based on posting history, I'd say you're too close to Herro.  But possibly just a Badger troll?  Confounding...

CheesyMUfan4ever

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2016, 09:17:32 AM »
Cheesy, I don't know if you just struggle to put together coherent thoughts, or are just a troll.  You have a handful of posts here in the last 8 months, and have *only* posted about Herro.  And apparently you've gone from thinking he's average, to thinking MU should go after him harder. Care to explain yourself? 

Based on posting history, I'd say you're too close to Herro.  But possibly just a Badger troll?  Confounding...

I am sure many people are in my boat. I didn't think he was elite back when I did that post. But he improved a lot. He improved so much Marquette and Wisconsin offered him after I did that post. I think the bigger question is why don't you want an elite player like Herro on campus? Some sort of grudge?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2016, 09:30:01 AM »
I think the bigger question is why don't you want an elite player like Herro on campus? Some sort of grudge?

Herpity derpity, er, what?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2016, 09:34:28 AM »
I am sure many people are in my boat. I didn't think he was elite back when I did that post. But he improved a lot. He improved so much Marquette and Wisconsin offered him after I did that post. I think the bigger question is why don't you want an elite player like Herro on campus? Some sort of grudge?

Where did rocky say he didn't want Herro at MU? 

CheesyMUfan4ever

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2016, 09:51:11 AM »

Where did rocky say he didn't want Herro at MU?

I guess with the negativity of post it was implied. Sultan you seem to not want him though. You said maybe one of the best players ever to come out of Wisconsin was not a make or break prospect. So why don't you want him?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2016, 09:56:28 AM »
I guess with the negativity of post it was implied. Sultan you seem to not want him though. You said maybe one of the best players ever to come out of Wisconsin was not a make or break prospect. So why don't you want him?

You seem to be pretty much borderline out-of-your-mind. Rocky didn't say he didn't want him. Sultan didn't say he didn't want him. Anyone who questions your motivations doesn't want Herro? Is that what you're going with?

The kid looks like a nice player. Looks like a probable top-100 kid. Will help someone out quite a bit. It'd be nice to get him here, but if he goes elsewhere, it won't be the end of Marquette basketball. More of a "nice to have" than "need to have" player. I would like it if he came to Marquette. I wouldn't be devastated if he went elsewhere. I hope he doesn't go to Wisconsin. Personally, I think Joey Hauser is a more important recruit at this point.

Relax a little bit. Still early in the recruitment.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2016, 10:16:01 AM »

If Wojo wants him, than I want him.  But it's early. 

He is currently ranked by 247 as the #65 prospect in the country.  If that holds up, that would hardly mean he is "one of the best players ever to come out of the state of Wisconsin."  Even in recent years that would put him behind...

Vander Blue, Jamil Wilson, JP Tokoto, Sam Dekker, Matt Thomas, Deonte Burton, Duane Wilson, Kevon Looney, Diamond Stone and Henry Ellenson.

Furthermore in his same class, he will likely be behind Joey Hauser who is currently #33 according to 247.

I've been through this many times.  You win some.  You lose some.  If Herro decides to go elsewhere, I have faith that Wojo will find a more than adequate substitute.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2016, 10:27:51 AM »
Last time I saw a poster so fixated on a player was Ners and Magic Dawson.

MU TommyDieHard

• Walk-On
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2016, 10:50:46 AM »

Or 75% of you cheesers with Novak. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2016, 11:35:47 AM »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2016, 12:03:32 PM »

And it is a recruit that is 2 years away.    Not the sign of a healthy psyche.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU TommyDieHard

• Walk-On
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2016, 02:07:47 PM »
I'd tend to agree with Cheesy.  This Herro kid has drastically improved.  HIs Dad was a heck of a player and the kid works much harder than him.  So what if it is two years away.  Cheesy might be a better recruiter and analyst of BB than any MU alum I can think of.