[Today at 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Providence game (Kenpom)  (Read 1890 times)

WarriorPride68

• All American
Providence game (Kenpom)
« on: January 04, 2016, 12:32:15 PM »
Overall Kenpom

Providence: 33
MU: 113

Offensive efficiency Kenpom

Providence: 42
MU: 181

Defensive efficiency Kenpom

Providence: 46
MU: 58

If the offense shows up, could be a close one. Also, should be the last game of the season in the 300's for SOS.

Has anyone seen any early lines for this one?

MUfan12

• All American
Re: Providence game (Kenpom)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 12:40:52 PM »
MU is gonna have a hell of a time guarding them. I don't know who will handle Bentil and Bullock. Maybe Sandy on Bullock, but Bentil is too quick for Henry or Luke.

And that's not even mentioning Dunn. After seeing what Whitehead did to Traci, I'm scared to watch that matchup. It might be a time to play zone, and hope they miss some outside shots.

I think MU gets beat by 15+ tomorrow night.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 01:15:41 PM »
MU is gonna have a hell of a time guarding them. I don't know who will handle Bentil and Bullock. Maybe Sandy on Bullock, but Bentil is too quick for Henry or Luke.

And that's not even mentioning Dunn. After seeing what Whitehead did to Traci, I'm scared to watch that matchup. It might be a time to play zone, and hope they miss some outside shots.

I think MU gets beat by 15+ tomorrow night.

I would not worry about Bullock. He's good, but you have to gameplan for the other two. I would probably throw Sandy on Dunn. Bentil I would probably sag off, dare him to shoot and hope he misses.

This would be the game to try a compact 2-3 zone if there ever were one. Clog the lanes. If they beat you from outside, so be it.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 01:18:54 PM »
Overall Kenpom

Providence: 33
MU: 113

Offensive efficiency Kenpom

Providence: 42
MU: 181

Defensive efficiency Kenpom

Providence: 46
MU: 58

If the offense shows up, could be a close one. Also, should be the last game of the season in the 300's for SOS.

Has anyone seen any early lines for this one?

I would continue to bet against MU until they win a game or two.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 01:37:15 PM »
I'm not staying up till 3AM to listen to this one.  I'll read the box score in the morning.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 01:41:08 PM »
I would not worry about Bullock. He's good, but you have to gameplan for the other two. I would probably throw Sandy on Dunn. Bentil I would probably sag off, dare him to shoot and hope he misses.

This would be the game to try a compact 2-3 zone if there ever were one. Clog the lanes. If they beat you from outside, so be it.

I don't know if Sandy is quick enough hang with Dunn, but it's an interesting thought. Maybe his length can be disruptive.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 02:21:06 PM »
Miraculously win this game or kiss an NCAA berth good-bye. I know it was a long shot at any rate, but an L here would pretty much sound the death knell. Team desperately needs a spark.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 02:30:50 PM »
Miraculously win this game or kiss an NCAA berth good-bye. I know it was a long shot at any rate, but an L here would pretty much sound the death knell. Team desperately needs a spark.

Agree that it's a (very) long shot....but this game isn't a must have. We need to sweep SJU, Creighton, and DePaul, win the remaining games with Georgetown and SHU, then win 3 out of 8 games against the top 4. I'd be shocked if that happens at this point, but this game isn't a must win.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2016, 02:32:19 PM »
Agree that it's a (very) long shot....but this game isn't a must have. We need to sweep SJU, Creighton, and DePaul, win the remaining games with Georgetown and SHU, then win 3 out of 8 games against the top 4. I'd be shocked if that happens at this point, but this game isn't a must win.

Yep.  Still possible. A win tomorrow would be huge.   
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2016, 02:38:28 PM »
I think part of my proclamation was based on the fact that I don't see a second year coach with a roster full of (albeit) talented freshmen recovering from an unsightly 0-3 start to conference.

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2016, 02:40:42 PM »

Seriously?  A loss to the number 8/9 team in the country in the 3rd conference game of the season is a death knell to tournament hopes?  Not that I had expectations of them making the tourney anyway, but hey, Kansas City won 10 straight to make the playoffs, so in my mind, anything can happen!  If they improve enough by March, they could win the BEast tourney and get in.  Again. not that I expect it to happen, but never give up hope!
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2016, 02:42:03 PM »
Oh, I'll always have hope and support the program. Believe that. Just an opinion.