[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Brandx 1, bamamarquettefan 0 re Traci Carter  (Read 6009 times)

BM1090

• All American
Re: Brandx 1, bamamarquettefan 0 re Traci Carter
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2015, 03:15:48 PM »
We were able to survive against Wisconsin without a good game from Carter due to the nature of their defense. They play a very low pressure on ball defense, against which Duane and Haanif are able to play well. Carter is the only guy on the roster currently who can run the PG successfully against higher pressure defenses with quicker guards.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2015, 03:40:35 PM »
BTW, Sandy Cohen has 2 more assists to Henry than Traci Carter does this season.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2015, 03:49:32 PM »
The fouls were a problem for Trace but 4 TO's stink as well. Here's hoping it was just a bad day because I don't think anyone else is going to be a good PG anytime soon. So far, I'm willing to let one bad day go, and would like to see him progress with more experience.

brandx

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2015, 04:24:53 PM »
bilsu

Comparing up and down performances of Carter and HC is a reach IMO. HC is a HIGH level freshman basketball player and Carter has a ways to go. I am NOT bashing Carter one bit, but do not agree with majority on here that believes he is the answer at PG.

I disagree, Goose. But I also said in my earlier post "as I think we agree he will have some struggles."

Playing against an average UW team is a whole different ballgame than playing against cupcakes. Traci will be up and down this year, but I think there will be more "ups" as the year goes on.

Any half-decent high school PG can dump it into the big guys; It's a whole different challenge when playing a good defensive team in college. TC is never gonna be Tyler Ulis, but I think by next year he will be able to match up well with anyone in the BE.

Traci is the best we have at PG. Duane is a '2' guard and so is Haanif as we have seen since he moved there.

In exactly the same number of minutes, Traci has more rebounds, steals, and fewer turnovers than Haanif. And, Traci has twice as many assists.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2015, 04:30:41 PM »
In exactly the same number of minutes, Traci has more rebounds, steals, and fewer turnovers than Haanif. And, Traci has twice as many assists.

Is it fair to mention their FT rates are similar and that Haanif's eFG% is an incredible 63.7% on 17.5% shots while Traci is at a brutally-low 37.0% on 14.1?

brandx

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2015, 04:42:26 PM »
Is it fair to mention their FT rates are similar and that Haanif's eFG% is an incredible 63.7% on 17.5% shots while Traci is at a brutally-low 37.0% on 14.1?

I have no doubt that HC is a better offensive player. I have already said a month ago that I believe he will lead MU in scoring by his junior year.

My remarks were strictly in the context of the PG position and whom I fell will be better there in the long run

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2015, 04:59:27 PM »
Any half-decent high school PG can dump it into the big guys; It's a whole different challenge when playing a good defensive team in college.

I have no doubt that HC is a better offensive player. I have already said a month ago that I believe he will lead MU in scoring by his junior year.

My remarks were strictly in the context of the PG position and whom I fell will be better there in the long run

Gotcha. So the fact that Sandy has more assists to Henry than Traci means what, relative to your commentary?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2015, 06:02:57 PM »
Gotcha. So the fact that Sandy has more assists to Henry than Traci means what, relative to your commentary?

That stat is so irrelevant. Yes, Sandy has 2 (really a miniscule amount) more assists then Traci on Hank baskets, but are the assists from Sandy when Hank is at the top of the free throw line, or on the wing? You have no idea the exact nature of those assists.

Furthermore, you are completely discounting assistst to another pretty darn good post player, and frankly, a player who really won't leave the post. You should be comparing their assist numbers to Luke instead of Henry because you know damn well that Fish is on the block when he's making those baskets.

brandx

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2015, 06:08:43 PM »

You're looking for a fight. I'm just giving an opinion.

Find someone else.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2015, 07:49:22 PM »
Incredible performance by Traci today.

Let's also remember even after today, he's at 38.1% eFG% for the season and has a turnover rate of 21%+.

7/22 for 31.8% 2FG shooting on the year.. after today's 3/3. 

If you want to crown him,.......

........... flash back.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2015, 07:56:14 PM »
Yup.  The jury is still out.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2015, 12:07:14 PM »
Last night: 6 minutes played, 4 fouls, 2 turnovers, 0/2 FG

I might go:
Haany
Duane
Sandy
Henry
Luke

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2015, 12:13:00 PM »

I might go:
Haany
Duane
Sandy
Henry
Luke

Maybe even JJJ instead of Sandy, or at least last night. Sandy looked awful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2015, 12:47:34 PM »
Traci is our only player whose natural position is point guard. Unfortunately he's not ready - even though they're playing out of position, Duane and Hanif are better (but still sub par) options.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2015, 12:59:39 PM »

I might go:
Haany
Duane
Sandy
Henry
Luke
That was the starting lineup in the 2nd half last night against SHU.  Did not help.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2015, 01:41:12 PM »
It seems there are very few true point guards in basketball anymore.  One of the few pure examples is Monte Morris of Iowa State.  He is what I think about with a point guard.  Thinks pass first but will have big scoring games on occasion when he's hot.  High shooting and passing efficiency.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2015, 03:12:37 PM »
Traci is our only player whose natural position is point guard. Unfortunately he's not ready - even though they're playing out of position, Duane and Hanif are better (but still sub par) options.

Depends on the game.  If a team pressures the ball a lot in the backcourt or frontcourt I want Carter play 20+ minutes.  If they are a sit back and play defense type team I am okay with Carter getting less minutes.  Nova, for instance, will eat Cheatham and Wilson alive if they split the point for 40 minutes.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2016, 12:22:26 PM »
Traci will not get those kind of minutes until such time as he can learn to stay out of foul trouble. It's easy to say the early fouls vs. Wiscy messed him up, but his BE debut was a debacle that included a strip out in the open that was so easy the SHU guy could have taken his shorts. He's a frosh, I know, I know. I wonder what Wojo will do if TC doesn't pick it up - soon.

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2016, 12:14:18 AM »
http://www.crackedsidewalks.com/2015/11/mu-faces-toughest-point-guard-gauntlet.html

Yeah, it just makes for a tough matchup regardless. When I wrote the piece on us facing the toughest PG gauntlet in the country, I really had not even thought through the fact that Seton Hall and a press like that would be even more of a problem.

It does look like we just need Duane to stay at the 2 and find his 3-point shot and just take our best shot at the two freshman growing up quickly at the point.
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

feedback