'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by MU82
[Today at 12:03:03 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bo Ryan's Legacy  (Read 14462 times)

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
Re: Bo Ryan's Legacy
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2015, 10:11:41 AM »
The man's legacy will be defined by his poor sportsmanship and the disgrace he brought upon himself, his employer, his team, and the pain he inflicted on his wife of 40 years.

Nobody forced Ryan to cavort with hookers. I will give him as much consideration as he gave to his wife when he chose to betray everyone who trusted him.

He was a good basketball coach. So what? He was a miserable human being. Adios you selfish, malicious bastard.

Keefe proving once again why he's the best poster on scoop. Preach! Screw Bo & the hushed, reverent tones people speak of him with. Dude's an all-time a-hole with a ridiculous ego that coached for our rival. Burn, grinch.

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2015, 10:19:28 AM »
Keefe proving once again why he's the best poster on scoop. Preach! Screw Bo & the hushed, reverent tones people speak of him with. Dude's an all-time a-hole with a ridiculous ego that coached for our rival. Burn, grinch.

Other than that, EFR, how do you feel about Coach Ryan?
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

connie

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2015, 11:04:43 AM »
I'm with you.  The Bo deification makes me gag.  My favorite is hearing how great and loyal he is to Gard, completely ignoring how he has f-ed over Barry, the university and the program.  Claiming that he should have just screwed them at the end of the summer, but is such a great guy that he was concerned about doing that while Gard's dad was sick just confirms the immortal words of Lee Dreyfus:  Madison is 30 square miles surrounded by reality.

How clueless are these people that they think Bo's shenanigans are not going to turn Barry away from hiring Gard.  The only person in Madison with a bigger ego than Bo is Barry.  Bo may have made the first move, but when Barry whips his out and puts it on the counter to be measured my bet is on Barry.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2015, 11:28:56 AM »
A few things that you don't do if you want to be in good graces with Barry:

1. Override his position as AD and annouce that you have found the next Mens basketball coach.

2. When your AD says not so fast my firend, force Barry's hand so that he has no choice but to give Gard an on court interview.

Based upon this IMO--there is no way in hell that Barry removes the interim tag from Gard.
 I predict they will say all the right things--Gard will be granted an interview, etc. but his services will not be retained--with very little regard of how he performs in his semester on the bench.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2015, 11:30:39 AM »
Plus, if the refs did screw Wisconsin, who cares, job well done!

Outstanding!

Death on call

🏀

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2015, 12:07:44 PM »
Let's not forget that hog of a daughter that took to Twitter to slam Diamond Stone.

She's been quiet, can't believe she hasn't come up for enough air to comment lately.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2015, 12:23:33 PM »
His legacy = great coach

Not a great person.  I'll never forget the BS he said at the Holman funeral regarding Bruce Pearl.   Then with the transfer situation, he demand people be loyalty and commitment to him and the program.....I wonder how he felt about commitment and loyalty toward his wife.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2015, 04:18:36 PM »
I'll never forget the BS he said at the Holman funeral regarding Bruce Pearl.   

What was this about?

Death on call

CountryRoads

• All American

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2015, 06:52:53 PM »
I was really disappointed in how Bo reacted to their loss in the Final. I actually always liked him. I think he let his emotions get the better of him. Hard to judge, although a man his age should've done better. At this point I'm just gonna take the rumors about women of ill repute as just that, rumors. He was just an outstanding basketball coach. To use a cliche, he was a coaches coach.

With all of that said, comparing him to Al McGuire is a joke. Al was a giant. A shining star in the sport. If he was in his heyday in this day and age, I'm afraid his celebrity would actually overwhelm him as a person, much like it did Bobby Knight.

Al was a perfect coach in a perfect time and his timing was impeccable. If he was around now, I think he might have become a different person than the lovable legend he turned into.