[June 16, 2024, 06:05:09 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 16, 2024, 02:42:15 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by We R Final Four
[June 16, 2024, 11:50:43 AM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[June 15, 2024, 09:14:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wisconsin Thoughts  (Read 22794 times)

Anti-Dentite

• All American
Re: Wisconsin Thoughts
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2015, 10:16:56 PM »
I agree with this analysis. JJJ made a lot of very important contributions to our win today. In fact without those contributions a victory would have been much more difficult. He made some nice drives, had some nice assists and was a quick athletic presence defensively and offensively. He did a good job on Hayes and did what Wojo asked of him.  He gave us 14 hard fought minutes.
I agree also, he had a nice game. Solid.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2015, 10:27:07 PM »
I really like the commitment to going into the post and the willingness of Henry to stay down there.  That is this team's identity.  If they committed to scoring in the post and playing solid defense like they did today they will be in nearly all their conference games home and away.  I don't know if it was an adjustment the Badgers made or our guys getting tight at the end but at about the 9 minute mark of the second half we suddenly stopped going inside and of course the lead dwindled.
We've got to keep pouring it on when we have a lead.  Seems like Wojo's teams that last 2 years have gone away from what built the 2nd leads.  Got to find a way to finish particularly on the road.
i thought the issue ~9min mark of the second half was a bit of exhaustion and Wojo pulled Henry out right after (or right before) then sat Luke for a shockingly short breather.

Agree with the inside game being a big key to conference play but the guard quality we will see in conference is a whole other level from what they've seen so far.  Games 2 and 3 at G'Town then Prov (IIRC) are going to be great learning opportunities against incredible guards.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2015, 11:34:28 PM »
Amazing that we defeated a team with 17 players. How do they get around the NCAA scholarship rule? I know they have at least two walk-ons, but do they have four? And the large roster doesn't include the non-qualifier who can't dress for games. So he's No. 18.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2015, 12:58:33 AM »
Great win.  It seemed that we dominated 80% of the game.  Hope the WArriors can win more in the Big East.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2015, 05:49:31 AM »
Amazing that we defeated a team with 17 players. How do they get around the NCAA scholarship rule? I know they have at least two walk-ons, but do they have four? And the large roster doesn't include the non-qualifier who can't dress for games. So he's No. 18.

Will Decorah, Jordan Smith, Matt Ferris, Zak Showalter, Aaron Moesch, Jackson Bax, and TJ Schulndt all initially walked on at Wisconsin. I am fairly certain Van Vliet (the kid sitting out) is on scholarship, and I believe Smith and Showalter are both on scholarship now. That brings them to 13. I remember a few years back, Syracuse had something like 21 players on their roster. The Orange have 18 this year. They could have challenged Wisconsin to an all-walk-on game.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2015, 08:51:33 AM »
JJJ was good.  He is good in limited minutes unless he is hot from the field.

I am going to take it easy on Carter because of the early foul trouble - and I thought the second foul was bogus.

Duane will another solid effort.  32 minutes doing a lot of the little things. 

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2015, 09:20:54 AM »
I've made an effort to avoid the Badger boards the last few years, but I had to check it out after such a great win.  This gem from Eric the Red was fantastic and worth sharing.

"9. There's nothing worse than hearing a bunch of douche bags chanting "We Are Marquette" in our arena. If someone says Marquette is not a huge rival, simply put, that person is full of crap."

MU82

• All American
« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2015, 09:40:12 AM »
JJJ was good.  He is good in limited minutes unless he is hot from the field.

I am going to take it easy on Carter because of the early foul trouble - and I thought the second foul was bogus.

Duane will another solid effort.  32 minutes doing a lot of the little things.

Agree on all fronts.

Funny thing about JJJ ... I was watching with about 20 other Warriors at our event in Charlotte and when JJJ came in in the second half, I declared that unlike some who gave up on him, I really like him. I was acting very proud of myself.

JJJ then committed two fouls, missed a layup and forgot to defend Koenig, who made a 3. Thanks for making me look like a dummy, Jajuan! (Still like you, though.)

Carter deserves a mulligan. He's a kid and he's allowed to have a bad game after a very, very nice stretch for us.

Duane has been solid all season and I thought he showed great maturity on his shot selection and role yesterday.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2015, 10:16:52 AM »
Agree on all fronts.

Funny thing about JJJ ... I was watching with about 20 other Warriors at our event in Charlotte and when JJJ came in in the second half, I declared that unlike some who gave up on him, I really like him. I was acting very proud of myself.

JJJ then committed two fouls, missed a layup and forgot to defend Koenig, who made a 3. Thanks for making me look like a dummy, Jajuan! (Still like you, though.)

Carter deserves a mulligan. He's a kid and he's allowed to have a bad game after a very, very nice stretch for us.

Duane has been solid all season and I thought he showed great maturity on his shot selection and role yesterday.

I'm just glad that last Duane shot went in, because that was not a good shot, but somehow found a way to go in. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2015, 10:20:33 AM »
I'm just glad that last Duane shot went in, because that was not a good shot, but somehow found a way to go in.

True. It was a horrible, impatient shot. I guess we were overdue for a break like that!

SuddenSam

• Starter
« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2015, 10:32:30 AM »
I've made an effort to avoid the Badger boards the last few years, but I had to check it out after such a great win.  This gem from Eric the Red was fantastic and worth sharing.

"9. There's nothing worse than hearing a bunch of douche bags chanting "We Are Marquette" in our arena. If someone says Marquette is not a huge rival, simply put, that person is full of crap."

Good one.  It seemed the rodent fans booed the MU chant and the chant backed down, hopefully my impression from TV was wrong.  Would be nice to go into G-Town 11-2.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2015, 10:49:34 AM »
True. It was a horrible, impatient shot. I guess we were overdue for a break like that!

I think he tried a couple of those in the second half and I became worried the young guys would push and get away from the game plan. Especially when the Vadgers came back from 14

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2015, 10:59:40 AM »

It was a miracle that that shot went in. When St. Peter ushers me through the pearly gates and I ask him why he'll say it's all those prayers you said during those Marquette games.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2015, 11:05:57 AM »
Agree on all fronts.

Yep.  Big hostile crowd.  Learning experience for the Frosh.  Not worried at all and thankful the DU played with a 'no worries kid, I got this' attitude.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2015, 11:07:07 AM »
It was a miracle that that shot went in. When St. Peter ushers me through the pearly gates and I ask him why he'll say it's all those prayers you said during those Marquette games.

Between that play and Cheetham driving to his left and having his pass stuffed by Happ, I was SMDH.  Made some big plays, got lucky on a few.  Will take it.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2015, 11:31:25 AM »

Duane will another solid effort.  32 minutes doing a lot of the little Unnoticed   things.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2015, 11:55:32 AM »

Wasn't there about 5 seconds left on the shot clock when he took it and about 8 seconds when he started the drive?

The shot clock was winding down, someone had to do something.  He drove, which is a good play.  The defense responded well so he had to take a tough shot with the clock winding down.  Yes, we were fortunate to make it, but it really wasn't a bad shot. 

People seem to forget about situation.

Similarly, JJJ guarding Bronson on the 3.  I'm pretty sure he was doing exactly what they were told.  When Hayes has the ball give help and force him to stay out of the pain.

Bronson backed off to NBA range, which left too much ground to close.  Again, not really a bad play as that was what they were coached to do.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2015, 01:14:27 PM »
Wasn't there about 5 seconds left on the shot clock when he took it and about 8 seconds when he started the drive?

The shot clock was winding down, someone had to do something.  He drove, which is a good play.  The defense responded well so he had to take a tough shot with the clock winding down.  Yes, we were fortunate to make it, but it really wasn't a bad shot. 

People seem to forget about situation.

Similarly, JJJ guarding Bronson on the 3.  I'm pretty sure he was doing exactly what they were told.  When Hayes has the ball give help and force him to stay out of the pain.

Bronson backed off to NBA range, which left too much ground to close.  Again, not really a bad play as that was what they were coached to do.

Nope, there were 14 seconds left on the shot clock when he got it.  An eternity.  He put up the shot with 11 seconds left on the shot clock.

Not a good decision, but it went in.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2015, 03:04:22 PM »
Nope, there were 14 seconds left on the shot clock when he got it.  An eternity.  He put up the shot with 11 seconds left on the shot clock.

Not a good decision, but it went in.

Thanks for the info.  Correct then, bad shot.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2015, 03:57:17 PM »
Between that play and Cheetham driving to his left and having his pass stuffed by Happ, I was SMDH.  Made some big plays, got lucky on a few.  Will take it.

In the second half, when Cheetham was going to his left, it was right in front of me. Scary good.  That dude is quick.

Reminds me of Doc, only Cheetham has learned at an earlier age to drive with his head up.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2015, 04:04:56 PM »
Reminds me of Doc, only Cheetham has learned at an earlier age to drive with his head up.

Cheatham is better than I thought he'd be at this point. He needs polish and experience to really star, but he can already drive to the hoop, score outside, and play quality man defense. Wisconsin was on to his baseline drive yesterday and took it away a couple times, that was well-scouted, but when he adds a few moves to his repertoire, he could be scary good. It wouldn't surprise me when all is said and done if he's the most decorated college player of his recruiting class.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2015, 04:50:47 PM »
In the second half, when Cheetham was going to his left, it was right in front of me. Scary good.  That dude is quick.

Haney is a great finisher. I love that so much.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #97 on: December 13, 2015, 11:31:47 PM »
Wojo channeling Norman Dale postgame- https://www.instagram.com/p/_NLLsCMZaR/
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 10:18:51 AM by MUfan12 »

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #98 on: December 14, 2015, 03:33:36 AM »
Wojo channeling Norman Dale postgame-https://www.instagram.com/p/_NLLsCMZaR/

Is that the inside of the visitor's locker room at Kohl? Looks like a broom closet.

Death on call

MU82

• All American
« Reply #99 on: December 14, 2015, 08:44:39 AM »
It wouldn't surprise me when all is said and done if he's the most decorated college player of his recruiting class.

That would be quite an accomplishment. I hope you're right!

feedback