[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Chris Farley/Kareem Abdul Jabbar Specials  (Read 695 times)

HouWarrior

• All American
Chris Farley/Kareem Abdul Jabbar Specials
« on: December 03, 2015, 02:48:49 AM »
I am sorry if I missed threads on this:

1)
 "I am Chris Farley" ....

was a great 2 hour special on his life...lots of time given to his Madison roots (Edgewood HS, the Ark improv Theater, etc.), and to Marquette..esp. to his rugby buddies, (incl Pat Finn, and Matt Foley...from whom Farley stole the name for his classic motivational speaker who lives in a van down by the river). It covers his SNL/Movies rise and demise very well. Its worth a watch.

BTW We all know a Foley, or a Murphy who attended MU, so...what are the top 5 most common surnames among MU students? I nominate these two.

2)
"Minority of One"......

was an excellent HBO bio of my childhood hero, Kareem Abdul Jabbar. Sadly very short shrift was given to the draft and his Milwaukee Bucks time in the NBA. (I was hoping for some practice footage from the old Concordia Gym --see pic---where the Bucks used to practice...my brother used to sneak me in to watch). Overall though, the bio seemed to capture his BB and enigmatic life journey/changes. It could have spent more time describing his prolific post BB life, including lots of writing (8 books) and his interesting social commentary.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 02:59:04 AM by houwarrior »
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Sylvester78

• Scholarship Player
Re: Chris Farley/Kareem Abdul Jabbar Specials
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 11:24:17 AM »
They are both fantastic.    30 for 30s are great but nobody makes documentaries better than HBO.

The Farley family produced their doc so they didn't delve deep into the darkness that caused his death - and rightfully so.

feedback