[Today at 08:17:02 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by bilsu
[Today at 07:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Help for Childrens Sizes  (Read 1533 times)

CTWarrior

• All American
Help for Childrens Sizes
« on: November 30, 2015, 07:23:59 AM »
We have a giving tree at church and one of the kids I have is a 7 year old boy.  They are supposed to put sizes on the sheet, but this kid didn't.  He has a couple specific things he wants but I want to add a Marquette sweatshirt to his gifts.  What would be an appropriate size to get for an average 7 year old?  I'll probaby go a little larger so if he is too small he'll grow into it rather than have it be too small in the fierst place.  Going to order from FansEdge today along with a bunch of other stuff for other people, so any help would be approeciated.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Dan

• Walk-On
Re: Help for Childrens Sizes
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 07:39:13 AM »
I would go with a child's medium to fit for 6 months to a year, or child's large if the kid is big or you're thinking long term.

tweakers_suck

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 08:00:08 AM »
If you are wanting to buy something the kid will grow into, then you need a size 8 or 10. But it really depends on the child. Is the kid short or tall compared to his peers?

Generally, a size 7 will fit an average 7 year old. But it can vary.

My kids are short and always wear a size smaller than their age.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 08:15:00 AM »
I happen to have a 7 year old boy.  He's a youth/kids medium, but there are others in his grade who would be a youth-small.  The one "big" kid might be a large.

So .. Youth Medium is likely the right target.  I see Fansedge doesn't have a lot of kid stuff .. if they had any adult XS, that's what I'd pick.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 08:38:00 AM »
I happen to have a 7 year old boy.  He's a youth/kids medium, but there are others in his grade who would be a youth-small.  The one "big" kid might be a large.

So .. Youth Medium is likely the right target.  I see Fansedge doesn't have a lot of kid stuff .. if they had any adult XS, that's what I'd pick.

Thanks, actually was Fanatics, not FansEdge (I get roughly 5000 emails/day from each this time of year).  I'll go with YM  They have a nice hooded sweatshirt that looks warm.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

cheesey

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 09:00:43 AM »
Generally a youth small is a 6-8, Medium is a 10-12.   I would go with a medium.   The Spirit Shop online has a good selection of youth items & you can get free shipping with coupon code Joy15   http://spiritshop.marquette.edu/category-s/125.htmπ

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 10:24:07 AM »
Generally a youth small is a 6-8, Medium is a 10-12.   I would go with a medium.   The Spirit Shop online has a good selection of youth items & you can get free shipping with coupon code Joy15   http://spiritshop.marquette.edu/category-s/125.htmπ

Would it be accurate to say that when you buy from a retailer, MU receives a licensing fee/royalty which is a small fraction of the cost; however, when you buy from the Spirit Shop, all of the profits stay on campus?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

SpiritShop

• Walk-On
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 10:48:51 AM »
Would it be accurate to say that when you buy from a retailer, MU receives a licensing fee/royalty which is a small fraction of the cost; however, when you buy from the Spirit Shop, all of the profits stay on campus?

That is correct.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2015, 10:00:44 PM »
ZFB is the size of a 7 year old boy and wears womens size M
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.