collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Anyone Ever Purchase Micron Technology?  (Read 2359 times)

Eldon

• All American
Anyone Ever Purchase Micron Technology?
« on: June 09, 2015, 09:51:33 PM »
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=MU

The company that makes semiconductors and RAM.  I often type "MU" in the address bar, and before "Scoop" can follow, I've impatiently already hit the enter key and it takes me to google and the first link is always to Micron Technology and their stock performance (ticker: MU).

I've inadvertently become keenly aware of this company's news and financials.  As a result, I shorted their stock last month and have since made a killing.  Thanks, MUScoop!

MU82

• All American
Re: Anyone Ever Purchase Micron Technology?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 11:47:03 PM »
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=MU

The company that makes semiconductors and RAM.  I often type "MU" in the address bar, and before "Scoop" can follow, I've impatiently already hit the enter key and it takes me to google and the first link is always to Micron Technology and their stock performance (ticker: MU).

I've inadvertently become keenly aware of this company's news and financials.  As a result, I shorted their stock last month and have since made a killing.  Thanks, MUScoop!

That's like going to Vegas and betting big against Marquette!

Of course, you would have made a killing doing that last year, too!!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 01:34:18 PM »
Looks like shorting MU was a great idea.  Down 44% YTD and 18% today alone. :o

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 02:05:47 PM »
Wouldn't be indefensible to call a bottom on MU here (just like the bottom of our season last year?) and bet that it's oversold and due to recover somewhat. Might be able to catch a regression upwards and sell after taking a few points of gain?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 02:49:27 PM »
Wouldn't be indefensible to call a bottom on MU here (just like the bottom of our season last year?) and bet that it's oversold and due to recover somewhat. Might be able to catch a regression upwards and sell after taking a few points of gain?

Don't know enough about the stock to take the plunge, but the thought occurred to me as well....

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 04:25:56 PM »
Guess it all depends on your risk tolerance. Gotta make sure it fits whatever your strategies are. If you embrace buying and selling securities based on charts rather than investing long term in companies, then the underlying company's attributes don't matter as much.

The question then becomes: Does the chart point to a regression upward, or is this dog going to keep on getting kicked?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 10:58:50 AM »

I pondered this back in June, but never bought.  Glad I didn't - in the last 6 months, MU is down another 42%.  There were one or two brief moments in mid-to late-July that it got very slightly above its late-June price, but for the most part it's been down, down, down.  Even in June, MU82's shorting strategy would still have been the winner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 04:29:02 PM »
I pondered this back in June, but never bought.  Glad I didn't - in the last 6 months, MU is down another 42%.  There were one or two brief moments in mid-to late-July that it got very slightly above its late-June price, but for the most part it's been down, down, down.  Even in June, MU82's shorting strategy would still have been the winner.

Got the wrong guy. I didn't short it, darn it.

Didn't buy it, either, thankfully.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, 09:27:03 PM »
Got the wrong guy. I didn't short it, darn it.

Didn't buy it, either, thankfully.

Oops!  Meant Eldon.