'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Why DW missed 3pt shot was a positive  (Read 1058 times)

Big Daddy 84

• Team Captain
Why DW missed 3pt shot was a positive
« on: November 24, 2015, 11:08:53 AM »
1) Because the warriors still one
2) 2nd time it happened,  it will not happen a third time
3) Why wojo was so pissed
 a) Lane was wide open for DW to drive  and score, get fouled (or both) or dish off to LF.
 b) LF was in the lower block guarded by the 6'6' 190 lb point guard.

There was no issue with being aggressive, wojo wanted them to attack, but taking that shot was not what he wanted.  I really don't think it will happen again. 

Here was the exact conversation (OK maybe not exact):

You shoot a bad 3pt at a critical point one time, you got yourself a seat on the bench. You do it twice you got yourself practicing outside. You ain't gonna need no third set, 'cause you gonna get your mind right.     (yes I like movies)

My guess for starting 5 tonight   Engine, j3, SC3, HE and LF.

Wojo has made it clear this is his team and they will reflect his style...here is what he said after the Iowa game: (OK not exact, but damn close, really close)

Wojo: My name's Coach Wojo and I've sunk more free-throws and slapped more floors and made more steals and stomped more teams that all of you numb-nuts put together. Now Marquette has put me in charge of this team.
Player #1: We take care of ourselves.
Wojo: You couldn't take care of a wet dream. God loves you.
Player #2: I know that!
Wojo: You men do not impress me!
Player #3: Marquette kicks butt.
Wojo: [grabs Player #3 by the nose] If you ladies think that you can slip and slide just because your last coach was nuts, you're going to start acting like Warriors right now!
Player #1: Who invited ya!
Wojo: I'm not doing this because I want to take long showers with you and I don't want to get my ass handed to me  in some far away court because you don't understand your assignments?
Player #4: Ruh!
Wojo: You?
Player #5: Yes, Coach.
Wojo: I'm here to tell you that life as you knew it has ended. You all may as well go out tonight. You may as well laugh and make fools out of yourselves. Put on all your nice gear and parade around campus, and then get rid of it. Because at 0600 tomorrow your ass is mine.

Wojo: Now it's my will against yours and you will lose. So don't forget, 0600.

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Why DW missed 3pt shot was a positive
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 11:12:04 AM »
It sounds like some bad attitudes but sounds like Wojo wasn't effing around. Trying to figure out if he was talking to JJJ, DW or Luke about Buzz or if he was talking to one of the other guys about their high school coach. 
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 11:15:48 AM by BagpipingBoxer »
Maigh Eo for Sam

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 11:18:38 AM »

You shoot a bad 3pt at a critical point one time, you got yourself a seat on the bench. You do it twice you got yourself practicing outside. You ain't gonna need no third set, 'cause you gonna get your mind right.     (yes I like movies)

Wojo has made it clear this is his team and they will reflect his style...here is what he said after the Iowa game: (OK not exact, but damn close, really close)

Wojo: My name's Coach Wojo and I've sunk more free-throws and slapped more floors and made more steals and stomped more teams that all of you numb-nuts put together. Now Marquette has put me in charge of this team.
Wojo: [grabs Player #3 by the nose] If you ladies think that you can slip and slide just because your last coach was nuts, you're going to start acting like Warriors right now!
Wojo: I'm not doing this because I want to take long showers with you and I don't want to get my ass handed to me  in some far away court because you don't understand your assignments?
Wojo: I'm here to tell you that life as you knew it has ended. You all may as well go out tonight. You may as well laugh and make fools out of yourselves. Put on all your nice gear and parade around campus, and then get rid of it. Because at 0600 tomorrow your ass is mine.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eeyy1t47wiQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eeyy1t47wiQ</a>

Death on call

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 12:27:06 PM »
1) Because the warriors still one
2) 2nd time it happened,  it will not happen a third time
3) Why wojo was so pissed
 a) Lane was wide open for DW to drive  and score, get fouled (or both) or dish off to LF.
 b) LF was in the lower block guarded by the 6'6' 190 lb point guard.

There was no issue with being aggressive, wojo wanted them to attack, but taking that shot was not what he wanted.  I really don't think it will happen again. 

Wait a minute. That last quote was Gunny Highway.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.