[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Fire Wojo !  (Read 135989 times)

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
Re: Fire Wojo !
« Reply #550 on: March 04, 2021, 12:18:14 PM »
To summarize:

Wojo either is or isn't on the hot seat.

It's March 4. Within the next month or so, we'll know exactly how hot his seat has been.

We will know in the next ten days.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #551 on: March 04, 2021, 12:20:54 PM »

Unless we win the BET! 😂
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #552 on: March 04, 2021, 12:27:48 PM »
Unless we win the BET! 😂

Well, if we do that I think its safe to say he will be back next year.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #553 on: March 04, 2021, 02:38:43 PM »

Here's hoping.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #554 on: March 04, 2021, 05:34:09 PM »
Unless we win the BET! 😂
Not happening. And it will be another frustrating March as we see many teams playing, but we are not. Wojo-Dukiet must go. But that likely is not happening with the candy ass decision makers at MU.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #555 on: March 04, 2021, 05:56:28 PM »
Not happening. And it will be another frustrating March as we see many teams playing, but we are not. Wojo-Dukiet must go. But that likely is not happening with the candy ass decision makers at MU.

Have you quit making donations to the university?
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #556 on: March 04, 2021, 07:10:20 PM »
Have you quit making donations to the university?
Your condescending logic is so backwards. Why punish the entire University for the failures of the basketball team?

I’m not so spiteful against Wojo that I’d like to see the entire school become a midmajor.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #557 on: March 04, 2021, 07:15:16 PM »
Your condescending logic is so backwards. Why punish the entire University for the failures of the basketball team?

I’m not so spiteful against Wojo that I’d like to see the entire school become a midmajor.

Money talks, BS walks
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #558 on: March 04, 2021, 07:31:50 PM »
Money talks, BS walks
Nice non-descript response. Now I’m sure you don’t know what you’re talking about.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #559 on: March 04, 2021, 07:34:53 PM »

We kind of agree. There's no reason to withhold donations to the engineering school or the journalism school or the philosophy department.

But buying basketball tickets - money they are just gonna turn around to use to pay for Wojo's extension - that's a heck of a way to show one wants Wojo gone.

The ONLY response that fans have at their disposal that has a chance to work is hitting the athletic department in the wallet -- even if you think that being on an interwebs site, kvetching, and belittling fellow fans who root for the team to win individual games is somehow better.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #560 on: March 04, 2021, 07:38:54 PM »
Nice non-descript response. Now I’m sure you don’t know what you’re talking about.

If you think bellyaching on message boards over and over about the coach and program are what is going to get a change made immediately, you’re wrong.  No one is any longer arguing about the merits of keeping Wojo as a coach on these here message boards.  Maybe they are at Dodds but not on Scoop.  The horse has been beaten to death.  Actions speak louder than words.  Money speaks louder than actions for places like Marquette.  That’s just a way of life.  You don’t have to like it, but if people want immediate change, hit them where it hurts immediately and that isn’t having every post you make on scoop about the coach and program

Viper

• All American
« Reply #561 on: March 04, 2021, 07:45:21 PM »

Lovell overextended. That new biz school bldg? Will be half empty. Zoom.
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #562 on: March 04, 2021, 07:50:43 PM »
Lovell overextended. That new biz school bldg? Will be half empty. Zoom.

Don’t get ahead of yourself. The idea that most or greatly increasing amounts of Higher Ed will be Zoom or virtual is overdone. It has appeal but most students, especially business students, and professors still want a traditional classroom experience.

Acting like it’s going to sit empty cause everything will be virtual is as silly as assuming all office towers downtown will be empty cause we got breathless articles from tech writers over the summer declaring the end of traditional offices
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 07:54:08 PM by JWags85 »

Viper

• All American
« Reply #563 on: March 04, 2021, 07:52:34 PM »
Don’t get ahead of yourself. The idea that most or greatly increasing amounts of Higher Ed is overdone. It has appeal but most students, especially business students, and professors still want a traditional classroom experience.

Acting like it’s going to sit empty cause everything will be virtual is as silly as assuming all office towers downtown will be empty cause we got breathless articles from tech writers over the summer declaring the end of traditional offices
tour on me. Free of charge. Dont worry. We won’t be interrupting anyone.
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #564 on: March 04, 2021, 08:01:06 PM »
Don’t get ahead of yourself. The idea that most or greatly increasing amounts of Higher Ed will be Zoom or virtual is overdone. It has appeal but most students, especially business students, and professors still want a traditional classroom experience.

Completely agreed. In fact I think this year showed why an on campus, residential education is so valuable.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #565 on: March 04, 2021, 08:01:59 PM »
Completely agreed. In fact I think this year showed why an on campus, residential education is so valuable.

Many businesses pride themselves on their fancy offices and buildings.  It’s a chance to show off