Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Iowa game thread  (Read 15664 times)

Da 'Lanche

• All American
Re: Iowa game thread
« Reply #250 on: November 19, 2015, 09:40:38 PM »
I'm in this camp....I expected a lot more because of the hype of recruit rankings....o did not expect to get blown out at home by Iowa....but, painful as it is to watch....these guys have talent...oodles of talent....and it is game 3.  They will get better as will Wojo.  So, the suffering at some point, this year or next, will be eased with success

warriorfan 14

• Starter
« Reply #251 on: November 19, 2015, 09:41:31 PM »
They played Rutgers!

watching that game i was thinking wow these 2 teams look bad. then i started watching us play.....

Warriorfish

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #252 on: November 19, 2015, 09:42:14 PM »
I'm in this camp....I expected a lot more because of the hype of recruit rankings....o did not expect to get blown out at home by Iowa....but, painful as it is to watch....these guys have talent...oodles of talent....and it is game 3.  They will get better as will Wojo.  So, the suffering at some point, this year or next, will be eased with success

Where is this "oodles of talent?"  Talent at doing what exactly?

You guys are imagining things.  They can't shoot!

Class71

• All American
« Reply #253 on: November 19, 2015, 09:43:05 PM »

Is this the time when someone says, "respect the process"?
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

southpaw9984

• Walk-On
« Reply #254 on: November 19, 2015, 09:43:20 PM »
So frustrating to watch. I really hope we get this figured out by conference time. Not sure I can take a second irrelevant year.

Way too many three point attempts, turnovers, and horrible defensive plays. I'm grabbing a glass of Woodford and going to bed.

Ugh, as I type that we take a three out of a TV timeout. We made it but I slightly wish we hadn't. Just a bad play call given our history tonight.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #255 on: November 19, 2015, 09:44:34 PM »
So frustrating to watch. I really hope we get this figured out by conference time. Not sure I can take a second irrelevant year.

Way too many three point attempts, turnovers, and horrible defensive plays. I'm grabbing a glass of Woodford and going to bed.

Ugh, as I type that we take a three out of a TV timeout. We made it but I slightly wish we hadn't. Just a bad play call given our history tonight.

Third....we were irrelevent Buzz's last year....remember? Picked to win the Big East, played like crap all year.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #256 on: November 19, 2015, 09:46:23 PM »
Remember the good old days when we could beat NJIT?
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #257 on: November 19, 2015, 09:47:10 PM »
For those who've watched Ellenson a lot in high school, what were his strong points.

He can't shoot from the outside and is overpowered underneath.

He does dribble nicely out of the break, though.

He was a good high school big man who was unfortunately overly hyped. He had a couple of good AAU events that sent his stock higher than it should have been.  I still think he has good potential for us as a four year player. 
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #258 on: November 19, 2015, 09:47:26 PM »

Ners, you haven't changed

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #259 on: November 19, 2015, 09:48:13 PM »
We have talented kids, but like kids, they don't play enough defense and don't shoot. Keep this group together and they could be good in a year or two. Just hard to see optimism this year. There's no point guard who is ready, no leadership, and a poorly construed offensive gameplan.

I do believe they will improve, but the gap between where they are now and where I thought they could be preseason is so immense. Just disappointing to see this much on paper talent unable to translate on court.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Da 'Lanche

• All American
« Reply #260 on: November 19, 2015, 09:49:33 PM »

You are in another camp....fine.  it is the 3rd game of a college career for many of these kids.  You don't see talent in Duane (remember some break out games last year), cheatham, Henry, sandy, Luke, etc....okay....then what talent should we be recruiting?  They didn't deliver tonight...it is early on the season for one of the most inexperienced teams in the NCAA.  I still have hope.  By the way, I graduated in 1988 and witnessed a basketball program with D3 talent by the end of my tone...this is much different

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #261 on: November 19, 2015, 09:51:12 PM »
We will get better.  Wojo will learn from this.  It may take longer than we thought, but this team will be much better in February.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #262 on: November 19, 2015, 09:52:23 PM »
JJJ had a nice drive again. Hope his leg is ok.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

southpaw9984

• Walk-On
« Reply #263 on: November 19, 2015, 09:55:59 PM »
Third....we were irrelevent Buzz's last year....remember? Picked to win the Big East, played like crap all year.

Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder... I really hope we get this going. Lots of talent here.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #264 on: November 19, 2015, 09:57:13 PM »
Better chemistry, better coaching, better shooting, better defense. No floor leader. HE needs to play inside until he can defend, they sagged the whole game because we can't hit any shots. A total embarrassment!

Class71

• All American
« Reply #265 on: November 19, 2015, 09:58:54 PM »
Better  chemistry, better coaching, better shooting, better defense. No floor leader. HE needs to play inside until he can defend, they sagged the whole game because we can't hit any shots. A total embarrassment!

Yea, but just wait until next year!
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #266 on: November 19, 2015, 10:16:21 PM »
We held them to under 100 and got above 50 ourselves. 

I would not have taken that as a bet at the end of the first half.

Other than that, I'm not sure what to conclude.  I fear that even if (when) we start playing more effectively, our lack of outside shooting will keep us in the basement of the BE.  Yes, we have talent, but I fear our "mix" is wrong.
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.