[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Matt Velazquez] Marquette coach Steve Wojciechowski signs contract extension  (Read 3680 times)

MattVelazquez

Marquette coach Steve Wojciechowski signs contract extension

Steve Wojciechowski's new contract tacks on two years to his original deal, extending him through the close of the 2021-’22 season.
Source: Marquette coach Steve Wojciechowski signs contract extension

The Equalizer

• All American
Clicked.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American

MattVelazquez

[Matt Velazquez] Marquette coach Steve Wojciechowski signs contract extension
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 03:00:04 PM »

Steve Wojciechowski's new contract tacks on two years to his original deal, extending him through the close of the 2021-â  22 season.

jsheim

This has probably been said in other posts...but I think it shows his commitment to MU as well as MU to him. He could take off for Duke one day but I don't think that's what he's thinking....hope that's not naïve on my part.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
This has probably been said in other posts...but I think it shows his commitment to MU as well as MU to him. He could take off for Duke one day but I don't think that's what he's thinking....hope that's not naïve on my part.

If it happens, it happens.  Cannot assume that will happen.  Coach K is going nowhere and Duke will have more than Wojo to pick from when that day comes.

mreezybreezy

• Walk-On
If Wojo leaves from Duke, it probably means he did an extraordinary job at MU.... wouldn't be happy if he left with that as the qualifier, but definitely understandable.

jsheim

If Wojo leaves from Duke, it probably means he did an extraordinary job at MU.... wouldn't be happy if he left with that as the qualifier, but definitely understandable.

good point.

Bocephys

• All American
Did it ever come out what we're paying Wojo?

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
Interesting. Wonder who was coming after Wojo. No other reason to extend at this point. I'm happy with him so far but 0 NCAA berths and a contract extension? Seems premature unless this was for retention.
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

MattVelazquez

[Matt Velazquez] Marquette coach Steve Wojciechowski signs contract extension
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2015, 04:15:05 PM »

Steve Wojciechowski's new contract tacks on two years to his original deal, extending him through the close of the 2021-'22 season.

real chili 83

• All American
Double clicked.

chapman

• All American
Nice move.  Scholl didn't hire Wojo, and while there was no steaming pile of stink like the previous AD/Coach combination, it's a nice public display of confidence anyway.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Interesting. Wonder who was coming after Wojo. No other reason to extend at this point. I'm happy with him so far but 0 NCAA berths and a contract extension? Seems premature unless this was for retention.

No one wanted him. Just the university showing some commitment in Wojo. I don't think the extension included any distract increases.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Jay Bee

• All American
Non-event. Unless the contract is extraordinarily rare, this isn't a lot more than a nice little gesture. Contracts are 'broken' all the time.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American

Coming after him?  On December 29, 2015?  When he's 2 games over .500 as a head coach?  No.  This is not him using leverage.  This is MU going public saying, "We like the image our program has and the direction it's heading, so we're going to make the public excited by signing you to an extension while we're on a 9 game winning streak.  If you stink it up in BE play, stink it up next year, and aren't in the Tourney in your first 4 years, everyone, including us, will forget this 'extension,' and if you kill it and get an offer from Duke in 6 years, everyone including you will forget this 'extension.'"
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
If it happens, it happens.  Cannot assume that will happen.  Coach K is going nowhere and Duke will have more than Wojo to pick from when that day comes.

Lets cool our Jets.....the buzz on the Duke site (DBR) has been to look at Brad Stevens or assistant Jeff C. when K decides.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'

Lets cool our Jets.....the buzz on the Duke site (DBR) has been to look at Brad Stevens or assistant Jeff C. when K decides.
"Fan sites!  The place to go for rational insights that you can take to the bank!"
                                   - Nobody - 12/29/ever

A top 3 job by any measure but i wouldn't rule out a Duke lifer if he's given 2 more years to prove himself*

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
"Fan sites!  The place to go for rational insights that you can take to the bank!"
                                   - Nobody - 12/29/ever

I guess you would include the site you're posting to now.

naginiF

• All American
I guess you would include the site you're posting to now.
yep.  certainly a ton of great insight, analysis, and perspectives on Scoop but.........if you quoted a theory off of Scoop and held it as 'fact' on another board you'd be suspect at best.  In other words.......

"Well, I went to the doctor
I said, "I'm feeling kind of rough"
"Let me break it to you, son
Your s&1t's f'ed up"

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
yep.  certainly a ton of great insight, analysis, and perspectives on Scoop but.........if you quoted a theory off of Scoop and held it as 'fact' on another board you'd be suspect at best.  In other words.......

"Well, I went to the doctor
I said, "I'm feeling kind of rough"
"Let me break it to you, son
Your s&1t's f'ed up"

Thank You

naginiF

• All American

feedback