[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 30 for 30: Rocky ended the Cold War  (Read 2319 times)

jesmu84

• All American
30 for 30: Rocky ended the Cold War
« on: November 11, 2015, 02:30:09 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NyWx1CkMTtI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NyWx1CkMTtI</a>

tower912

• All American
Re: 30 for 30: Rocky ended the Cold War
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 02:47:23 PM »
I thought that was John Paul II.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 04:44:42 PM »
Cannot stop laughing at this.  This might be the worst boxing movie...fighting movie... and just movie in general... ever.  First one great, second one good, third one bad, fourth horrendous, fifth shouldn't have ever been made, sixth surprisingly good, let's see how the seventh does. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 04:48:52 PM »
I remember lining up as a 17 year old to watch this on opening weekend...and how utterly disappointed I was.  (I liked Rocky III too.)

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 05:00:28 PM »
Cannot stop laughing at this.  This might be the worst boxing movie...fighting movie... and just movie in general... ever.  First one great, second one good, third one bad, fourth horrendous, fifth shouldn't have ever been made, sixth surprisingly good, let's see how the seventh does.

Prediction for anyone who says Rocky III was bad?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 05:08:16 PM »
Ok I mean bad because as a fighter that was the most unrealistic fight sequence I've ever seen. I mean he has his hands on the ground and is getting completely pounded, and the punches are clearly pulled sometimes not even making contact. He also miraculously learned to read and film commercials etc which he couldn't do in the second one which forced him into the rematch. For a story line it is a decent movie though.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 05:17:32 PM by BagpipingBoxer »
Maigh Eo for Sam

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 05:14:19 PM »
Ok I mean bad because as a fighter that was the most unrealistic fight sequence I've ever seen. I mean he has his hands on the ground and is getting completely pounded, and the punches are clearly pulled sometimes not even making contact. For a story line it is a decent movie though.

Ok snooty pants.  The baseball in Major League is terrible, but it is a great movie.  Don't be such a snob.  Its a movie. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 05:17:37 PM »
Ok I mean bad because as a fighter that was the most unrealistic fight sequence I've ever seen. I mean he has his hands on the ground and is getting completely pounded, and the punches are clearly pulled sometimes not even making contact. For a story line it is a decent movie though.

Rocky II had terrible fight scenes.  Really they all did.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 05:20:44 PM »

Rocky II had terrible fight scenes.  Really they all did.

I've seen the third one more recently, don't think I've watched the second in 5 years. Really only watch the first and 6th, the 6th one they actually don't do terrible sequence but that's because Antonio Tarver (Mason Dixon) was an actual heavyweight champion. The first one Carl Weathers (Apollo Creed) looked like he studied how to box and came out with decent form.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 05:22:33 PM by BagpipingBoxer »
Maigh Eo for Sam

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 06:48:38 PM »
let's see how the seventh does.

I can't get past the fact that even if Apollo Creed impregnated his wife the afternoon of his fight with Drago, his son would be 30 years old.  Isn't that a little old to be starting a boxing career?
Have some patience, FFS.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 09:37:25 PM »
These comments are blasphemy.  Rocky IV is my favorite one.

And if you're wondering, yes, I also enjoyed Rocky V.  And yes, I'm aware that I'm probably the only person in the world who does.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2015, 11:00:20 PM »
I'm actual excited for Creed. I've never seen a Rocky movie before but Creed peaks my interest for some reason.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2015, 11:56:26 PM »
I'm actual excited for Creed. I've never seen a Rocky movie before but Creed peaks my interest for some reason.

Maigh Eo for Sam

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2015, 07:10:14 AM »

Wat?

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2015, 01:51:02 PM »
This is hilarious.  "Drago picked up his promoter by the neck."
Yes, the fighting is terrible and does not resemble real boxing.... it seems the movie makers were smart enough to realize that nobody actually watches real boxing, so they better switch it up.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2015, 02:13:42 PM »
This is hilarious.  "Drago picked up his promoter by the neck."
Yes, the fighting is terrible and does not resemble real boxing.... it seems the movie makers were smart enough to realize that nobody actually watches real boxing, so they better switch it up.

Well that's just not true. Especially in movies (rocky, Cinderella man, the fighter, raging bull, million dollar baby) and especially at the time the movie was made 1985 boxing was still popular. White Americans think that people only watch football, basketball hockey and baseball. Worldwide boxing is more popular than any of those and is behind soccer in terms of popularity.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 02:15:44 PM by BagpipingBoxer »
Maigh Eo for Sam

feedback