[Today at 03:02:37 PM]

What do Wisconsinites call people from Illinois? by tower912
[Today at 03:01:12 PM]

2024 Scoop Art Competition by Skatastrophy
[Today at 09:53:42 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[June 10, 2024, 10:45:56 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Where is MU at with Tyler Herro?  (Read 22608 times)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Re: Where is MU at with Tyler Herro?
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2015, 12:34:43 PM »
Goal is National Championship

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2015, 02:49:18 PM »
His younger brother "Gyro" is pretty good in his own right. I don't know exactly what grade he is in, but I believe he is on Shooters AAU with JP Tokoto's little brother. I believe that team also used to feature Buzz assisant, Isaac Chew's young son as well.

They are on the 6th grade/12U WI Shooters team.  A nice group of players.  Isaac Chew's son, Patrick,  came back from Virginia last year to play in a few tournaments with them. 

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2015, 03:47:09 PM »
I'll be very surprised if Keshawn comes off the bench.

McCabe
Herro
Justice
Plumb
Trapp

I've heard nothing of these rumors. Keshawn just showed out at Pangos with McCabe, Herro & Trapp. Ritchie is too smart to axe Justice for Diener.

But you are The Don, and I listen! Thanks again Freeport
I heard that Barber quit the WI Shooters to go play with Deiner at WI Playground Warriors under the advisement of their HS coach (Tom Deiner). That is the word on the street. I have no idea where the playing time is going to come from because McCabe and Herro play almost the entire game. I love Justice's game too, especially because out of all of them, he really gets after it on D.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2015, 04:01:22 PM »
I heard that Barber quit the WI Shooters to go play with Deiner at WI Playground Warriors under the advisement of their HS coach (Tom Deiner). That is the word on the street. I have no idea where the playing time is going to come from because McCabe and Herro play almost the entire game. I love Justice's game too, especially because out of all of them, he really gets after it on D.

Ritchie just grabbing everyone, wow.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2015, 04:20:39 PM »
Ritchie just grabbing everyone, wow.
Besides Justice, no great defenders though. At 7' 2" Trapp can almost touch the rim without jumping, so that really helps. But if you get a 6' 7"+ active, athletic kid going against Trapp he wilts. There was a kid from MN (forgot name, Ortega? JayBee knows who I'm talking about) who just killed him last year. No doubt Trapp will get better as he gets used to his body, but for those old dudes like me, he reminded me of Rod Gross.  My opinion would be that Richie's team would be much better off adding a junkyard dog like Carlos Curtis from Riverside. Dude is only 6' 2" but he gets after it on D and is a nasty scorer. I'd rather add him to the mix than Barber and Deiner. While they are really good players, they just add to the softness.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2015, 05:34:26 PM »
Besides Justice, no great defenders though. At 7' 2" Trapp can almost touch the rim without jumping, so that really helps. But if you get a 6' 7"+ active, athletic kid going against Trapp he wilts. There was a kid from MN (forgot name, Ortega? JayBee knows who I'm talking about) who just killed him last year. No doubt Trapp will get better as he gets used to his body, but for those old dudes like me, he reminded me of Rod Gross.  My opinion would be that Richie's team would be much better off adding a junkyard dog like Carlos Curtis from Riverside. Dude is only 6' 2" but he gets after it on D and is a nasty scorer. I'd rather add him to the mix than Barber and Deiner. While they are really good players, they just add to the softness.

Plumb is a legit 6'8 by some accounts. Him and Trapp were grabbing a ton of boards at end of spring.

But I agree, would love a Maymon type next to Trapp. Is MU recruiting him? Would be ashame if they weren't

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2015, 05:50:27 PM »
Freeport,

Could this mean McCabe is playing up this spring with Kobe King and the older PGW club? I remember Bronson played up a year with Tokoto/Dekker/Wally/Phil Nolan.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2015, 06:52:15 PM »
But if you get a 6' 7"+ active, athletic kid going against Trapp he wilts. There was a kid from MN (forgot name, Ortega? JayBee knows who I'm talking about) who just killed him last year.

Daniel Oturu (2018 Cretin-Derham Hall / Howard Pulley)
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2015, 07:34:28 PM »
Freeport,

Could this mean McCabe is playing up this spring with Kobe King and the older PGW club? I remember Bronson played up a year with Tokoto/Dekker/Wally/Phil Nolan.
You mean in his actual grade (sorry couldn't resist)? I have no idea. I think McCabe may have hit his recruiting ceiling, mostly because he isn't going to grow any more. I know kids who are seniors who are actually younger than him. I know Herro's Whitnall running mate Kevion Taylor left Shooters to go to Kobe King's team. I don't recall how long KK has been with PG Warriors, but McCabe has been with them forever. If KK was there for a while he probably already played a few years with McCabe before he reclassified. 

Daniel Oturu (2018 Cretin-Derham Hall / Howard Pulley)
Yes. This guy abused Trapp.

Plumb is a legit 6'8 by some accounts. Him and Trapp were grabbing a ton of boards at end of spring.

But I agree, would love a Maymon type next to Trapp. Is MU recruiting him? Would be ashame if they weren't
Definitely can board and has great IQ, but Plumb has been 6' 6"+ since 7th grade. He's now 6' 8".  But even when he was 6' 6" he had way smaller teammates who could dunk while he could not. My point is that he is way more athletic than Trapp, but that is not that high of bar. Next level guys like Oturu as mentioned above take it to these guys.  That team is the best in the state no doubt, but this team is of a softer variety when compared against the best national level teams. They need a few city kids who can play lock down D to be at that level.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2015, 11:42:57 AM »
You mean in his actual grade (sorry couldn't resist)? I have no idea. I think McCabe may have hit his recruiting ceiling, mostly because he isn't going to grow any more. I know kids who are seniors who are actually younger than him. I know Herro's Whitnall running mate Kevion Taylor left Shooters to go to Kobe King's team. I don't recall how long KK has been with PG Warriors, but McCabe has been with them forever. If KK was there for a while he probably already played a few years with McCabe before he reclassified. 
Yes. This guy abused Trapp.
Definitely can board and has great IQ, but Plumb has been 6' 6"+ since 7th grade. He's now 6' 8".  But even when he was 6' 6" he had way smaller teammates who could dunk while he could not. My point is that he is way more athletic than Trapp, but that is not that high of bar. Next level guys like Oturu as mentioned above take it to these guys.  That team is the best in the state no doubt, but this team is of a softer variety when compared against the best national level teams. They need a few city kids who can play lock down D to be at that level.

Yeah, I was going to go without making the obvious declaration that Diener & McCabe are playing a grade down. I wouldn't mind one bumping up & replacing K.Bailey (Loewe & king buddy, I know).

I've also seen Jiovanni Bickham destroy both Plumb & Trapp. Imagine if Ritchie got him!

Going to be a few unhappy parents come spring (playing time). Justice is fersure staying on. I agree though, talented group without a junkyard dog.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2015, 11:46:37 AM »
Freeport,

Any idea who Greg Foster Jr will be playing with this spring?

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2015, 07:08:20 PM »
Freeport,

Any idea who Greg Foster Jr will be playing with this spring?
He played with Deiner last year on a Playground Elite team at the last NY2LA and I don't their team won a game and it wasn't like they were playing top competition. Not impressed with him at all. Definitely a decent player, but really nothing special at this point. Saw him a few weeks ago in fall league, he is a little bigger, but just a guy right now.

Playground Warriors are definitely the best team, but WI Swing aren't that far behind. If Joey Hauser comes back to play in his grade and his old buddies/team (WI Swing), I think they may be the better squad. Playground Warriors might have the best individual players, but the Swing with Hauser are a much tighter team. Playground Warriors are sort of like hired guns coming together (they don't really practice much at all because they are so spread out), the Swing have been friends and teammates since middle school. The dads of Hauser, Listau, and Steffen are friends and I've been told they played collegiately together. Add Klug from Burlington, Plamman from Xavier, and a few other guys and that is also quite a team as well.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2015, 07:11:34 PM »
I know Freeport has shared that he thinks eventually Joey will be even better than Sam.  Is that still the general feeling?  Are there any thoughts as to whether he'll follow his brother to MU down the road?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2015, 09:01:48 PM »
I know Freeport has shared that he thinks eventually Joey will be even better than Sam.  Is that still the general feeling?  Are there any thoughts as to whether he'll follow his brother to MU down the road?

Different players, but Joey projects to be better, absolutely.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2015, 09:03:07 PM »
Different players, but Joey projects to be better, absolutely.

Haven't seen much of Joey at all. In what ways are they different players?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2015, 09:32:01 PM »
Sam's a wing and Joey is a post, IIRC.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2015, 08:45:52 AM »
Sam's a wing and Joey is a post, IIRC.

The games that I've seen (2 games) Joey was a wing. That may change with the big blonde kid graduating.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2015, 09:30:51 AM »
He played with Deiner last year on a Playground Elite team at the last NY2LA and I don't their team won a game and it wasn't like they were playing top competition. Not impressed with him at all. Definitely a decent player, but really nothing special at this point. Saw him a few weeks ago in fall league, he is a little bigger, but just a guy right now.

Playground Warriors are definitely the best team, but WI Swing aren't that far behind. If Joey Hauser comes back to play in his grade and his old buddies/team (WI Swing), I think they may be the better squad. Playground Warriors might have the best individual players, but the Swing with Hauser are a much tighter team. Playground Warriors are sort of like hired guns coming together (they don't really practice much at all because they are so spread out), the Swing have been friends and teammates since middle school. The dads of Hauser, Listau, and Steffen are friends and I've been told they played collegiately together. Add Klug from Burlington, Plamman from Xavier, and a few other guys and that is also quite a team as well.

Sincerely appreciate it Freeport, always enjoy your aau expertise.

I've seen G.Foster Jr only recently, 6'4 seems fair. UTEP (thanks dad) and uwm offers as freshman. Per pops, Oklahoma & K-State are also recruiting him.

He seemed intriguing based off bloodlines & guard size for Sophmore. And if he does get better, being on an Ike Wilson PGE team is good for MU.

Edit: typo
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 11:01:29 AM by WarriorPride68 »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2015, 11:28:31 AM »

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2015, 01:17:49 PM »
Sincerely appreciate it Freeport, always enjoy your aau expertise.

I've seen G.Foster Jr only recently, 6'4 seems fair. UTEP (thanks dad) and uwm offers as freshman. Per pops, Oklahoma & K-State are also recruiting him.

He seemed intriguing based off bloodlines & guard size for Sophmore. And if he does get better, being on an Ike Wilson PGE team is good for MU.
Edit: typo
Ike doesn't really have much involvement in the actual 2018 squads (probably because they don't have any elite players and they're not that good). Their first team -- PE Minor is slightly above average, mostly made of Wisconsin Lutheran kids. Highest rated player Brunard Williams fell off Mark Miller's rating entirely. Was known as "Big Brunard" growing up because he was 6' 3" in 6th/7th grade -- he's still 6' 3".  He played with Herro and Plumb for a while at WI United, when he was still considered "big." Ike took the best player off of PE Minor and played him up two years along with Pool and Co. (played Poole up too a little). Kid is named Liam Schroeder from Marquette High. Kid is probably 6' 7" - 6' 8". Don't know if he is MU quality, but definitely has MU ties -- I think his mom worked at MU in advancement. There is another team, PE Dantzler, which is not good at all. And then there is the team team put together at the end of the year which Deiner, Foster and Schroeder and others played for -- seemingly good on paper, but not on court. I know a couple of high-level recruiters who say that those offers and talk are pretty much favors to create buzz for both of those players -- not saying it's absolutely true, but that is what I have heard.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2015, 06:36:36 PM »
Ike doesn't really have much involvement in the actual 2018 squads (probably because they don't have any elite players and they're not that good). Their first team -- PE Minor is slightly above average, mostly made of Wisconsin Lutheran kids. Highest rated player Brunard Williams fell off Mark Miller's rating entirely. Was known as "Big Brunard" growing up because he was 6' 3" in 6th/7th grade -- he's still 6' 3".  He played with Herro and Plumb for a while at WI United, when he was still considered "big." Ike took the best player off of PE Minor and played him up two years along with Pool and Co. (played Poole up too a little). Kid is named Liam Schroeder from Marquette High. Kid is probably 6' 7" - 6' 8". Don't know if he is MU quality, but definitely has MU ties -- I think his mom worked at MU in advancement. There is another team, PE Dantzler, which is not good at all. And then there is the team team put together at the end of the year which Deiner, Foster and Schroeder and others played for -- seemingly good on paper, but not on court. I know a couple of high-level recruiters who say that those offers and talk are pretty much favors to create buzz for both of those players -- not saying it's absolutely true, but that is what I have heard.

Freeport, Throughly enjoy talking grassroots with you (Jay bee too). Always a pleasure (and learning a thing or two).

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2015, 10:46:42 PM »
Herro at game as guest of Wojo -- I'm told he is one of the main 2018 targets.
Joey Hauser and Same Hauser down the row from Herro. Joey is taller than Sam for sure. Joey looks pretty identical to Henry.
Freeway at game as well.

Warrior1

• Starter
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2016, 07:02:06 PM »
According to a post on **twitter Herro got an offer at high school practice today from Wojo.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 07:04:48 PM by Warrior1 »

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2016, 07:04:10 PM »
Tyler Herro ™ Retweeted
Jerry Meyer ‏@jerrymeyer247  16m16 minutes ago
2018 star announces that local school Marquette has offered. http://bit.ly/1Oll8tq

Tyler Herro ™ Retweeted
NY2LA SPORTS ‏@ny2lasports  35m35 minutes ago
2018 SG Tyler Herro of Whitnall (WI) has added an offer from Marquette @ACNY2LA

Tyler Herro ™ ‏@raf_tyler  33m33 minutes ago Greenfield, WI
Blessed to say I have received a scholarship offer from Marquette University.〽️
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 07:08:34 PM by VegasWarrior77 »
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2016, 07:35:01 PM »
Can flat out play. He is going to be a great player. Hopefully Wojo can seal the deal early